(Clearwisdom.net) On April 30, 2003, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Fan Guohua in Acheng City, Heilongjiang Province was sentenced to a 7-year term of imprisonment. On May 15, she was sent to Harbin Women's Prison. Her current situation is unknown.

Fan Guohua went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa and returned home safely. She has never stopped clarifying the truth of Falun Dafa and the persecution, often going out until late at night to distribute truth-clarifying materials. She sent materials to the "110" command center (a public security information center that is similar to the "911" system in U.S.) and the dormitories of policemen. She has scrimped and saved in order to have enough money to take a taxi to remote rural areas to deliver the truth-clarifying materials, banners and posters in towns and villages. During these years, even though she was persecuted several times, Fan Guohua still persisted in practicing Falun Dafa.

On the evening of December 5, 2000, five policemen from the Acheng Minzhu Police Station entered her home by force and asked her whether she would continue to practice Falun Gong or not. Ms. Fan said, "It is such a good thing, why must I give it up? What I learned is that it is a good qigong practice which can help people to be good persons and become healthier." Then, she told them about the advantages of practicing Falun Dafa, the truth of the staged Tiananmen self-immolation incident, the truth of Falun Gong practitioners' appeal on April 25th in Beijing, and how the media in Mainland China deceives people. However, the police refused to listen and arrested her by force. She was sent to a detention center the next day. During this period, the police threatened Ms. Fan's family members and extorted money from them. They said, "If you do not give us the money, we will not release her." Her family members had to pay 2,000 yuan (1) to the police, but Guohua was not released until December 28.

At 9 p.m. on the evening of November 26, 2001, the police of Acheng City came to Fan Guohua's home to arrest her again. Four policemen led by Song Lin arrested Ms. Fan by force and also took away some Dafa literature after searching her home.

That evening, the police tortured Ms. Fan by forcing her to sit on a steel chair with her hands and feet bound to the chair. She was tortured by this method until the next morning. Then, she was persecuted in the detention center again.

One day, the police forced several common prisoners to sit in a row to listen to the radio. The police also wanted Fan Guohua to sit there. She said, "I am not a prisoner. I do not want to sit with prisoners." The police told five or six inmates to beat her. One of the policemen said, "Handcuff her to the heater and hang her up! We will see whether she obeys our orders or not!" Guohua refused to submit to the orders of the policemen with her righteous thoughts. As a result, all attempts by the police to handcuff her to the heater failed, and they finally left her alone.

While in the detention center, Guohua still insisted on studying the teachings of Falun Dafa, practicing the exercises and sending righteous thoughts in such a vicious environment. She thought that this was no place for her to stay and that she must go back home. On December 12 2001, Fan Guohua was released unconditionally.

On December 6, 2002, when Guohua went to a remote area in Heironggong Village, Shangzhi City to distribute truth-clarifying materials, she was arrested by the local police and detained in Shangzhi. The police did not inform her family members until January 29, 2003.

On April 30, 2003, a Judicial Court session was held, and Ms. Fan was sentenced to a 7-year term of imprisonment. On May 14, she was allowed to see her family members only after 300 yuan was extorted from them. On May 15, Fan Guohua was sent to Harbin Women's Prison.

The local authorities prohibited her family members from visiting her in prison after several requests. The police in that prison are very vicious. We are not sure whether Guohua is alive or dead.

The Acheng Mingzhu policemen responsible for persecuting Falun Gong practitioners are:

Director, Acheng Mingzhu police officers, Liu Ji

Director of the Police Station, Feng Yuehua: 86-450-53738174, 86-450-53714342, 86-13903664174 (mobile phone), 86-450-126-2300818 (pager)

(1) Yuan is the unit of currency in China, where the average monthly salary of an urban worker is 500 Yuan.