(Clearwisdom.net) Eighteen-year-old girls are supposed to be carefree and full of beautiful dreams for their future, but Ms. Guo Xuelian, a Falun Gong practitioner who refused to give up her belief, suffered a mental collapse as a result of the brutal torture and abuse by police officers following the orders of Jiang's regime.

Ms. Guo was born in 1982 in Guojiashangtong Village, Zhanglin Township, Changyi City, Weifang, Shandong Province. From her early childhood, she had been a bright and innocent girl who was highly praised at school for her academic achievements. Witnessing the great changes in her parents and in an acquaintance after they began practicing Falun Gong, she too joined the practice and experienced many positive changes.

After the Jiang faction launched the persecution campaign against Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Xuelian's heart was deeply hurt and she innocently believed that the tragedy was due to the Party's misunderstanding of Falun Gong. With a sincere heart, the 18-year-old Xuelian went to Beijing to appeal to the government for Falun Gong and for the good name of the founder of Falun Gong in May of 2000. The police arrested her and sent her back to her local area for detention. They extorted 6,000 yuan from her family over the course of her imprisonment (Note: the average monthly income of a Chinese worker is about 500 yuan).

During the national holiday in October of 2000, Xuelian went to Beijing to appeal once again, when Beijing Falun Dafa practitioner Zhao Xin was dying from the police's brutal persecution. Together with her fellow practitioners, Xuelian helped take care of Zhao Xin for weeks. After Zhao died on December 11, 2000, Xuelian started to publicly distribute flyers and to clarify the truth of Dafa and the persecution on the street. A few days later, police officers arrested her and brutally tortured her. The authorities issued an order to imprison her in the Xin'an Female Forced Labor Camp of Daxing County in Beijing.

In the labor camp, the police again brutally tortured her. One day, the authorities forced her and her fellow practitioners to watch TV programs that slandered Falun Dafa. Refusing to cooperate, she stood up and shouted "Falun Dafa is Good!" The police officers rushed to her and knocked her down with great force. Some straddled her body, while others twisted her arms and beat her. Then officer Zhao Lei, together with another officer surnamed Bai, used four electric batons to shock her simultaneously. The electric shock made her bleed from two areas of her head, which later festered and did not recover until two years later.

We have learned that the police injected her with an unknown drug and added some unknown drugs to her meals. In as little as a few months, Xuelian suffered a mental collapse under the violent torture and forced drug abuse.

On May 1, 2001, the authorities in the Xin'an Labor Camp told Xuelian's family to take her home. After rushing to the labor camp in Beijing from Shandong Province, her father was stunned to find that his once bright and healthy daughter had become a completely different person. Without any facial expression or eye movement, she stared blankly and didn't speak at all. Her ankles were terribly swollen (perhaps due to shackles), and on the top of her head were two finger-sized areas that had no hair and were covered with blood stains. Her father simply couldn't believe his eyes. His once lovely daughter was now turned into a stranger. With great sorrow, he questioned an officer surnamed Shi. "Where did the wounds on my daughter's head come from?" Shi lied to him, saying that it was because of a sore.

On the way home from Beijing, Xuelian didn't talk (most likely because the authorities in the Xin'an Labor Camp had injected her with a tranquilizer). As soon as she returned home and finished her meal, however, she started to shout and strip her clothes off. Seeing how the persecution had turned their innocent daughter into such a state, simply because of her appeal for Falun Gong, Xuelian's parents were deeply grieved and couldn't help sobbing, as was the case with their equally sorrowful fellow villagers.

Three years after she returned home from the forced labor camp, this girl whom the authorities in the labor camp devastated, remains in the same state. She often runs around for no reason. Her speech is still incomprehensible. She often strips off her clothes and bullies or curses others, including her own parents. In tears over these difficult circumstances, her parents have been tending to her with great sorrow these past three years. Their fellow villagers grieve for her as well.

This incident of how the innocent teenaged Xuelian was treated demonstrates the cruelty and inhumanity of Jiang's regime in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. All kind-hearted people, please speak up for justice and reach out to help stop this evil persecution against good people and to prevent innocent children from suffering these violent abuses!