(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Wang Qingzhou, 57 years old, lived in Laigou Village, Xunshan Town in Rongcheng, Weihai City, Shandong Province. He began practicing Falun Gong in 1997 and went to the local government to clarify the truth after the persecution of Falun Gong began in 1999. He was detained in a custody center and a brainwashing class. In January 2003 he was again arrested and sent to the brainwashing class. Mr. Wang was later sent to a detention center where he was tortured before being released in May 2003 [Chinese lunar calendar]. Mr. Wang Qingzhou passed away three months later. Following are details:

In July 2002, Wang Qingzhou resigned from his job at Xunshan Rubber Factory in Rongcheng. Because he was going to Beijing to appeal for Dafa, he didn't want his work unit to be held responsible and fined because of his appeal for Dafa. He was arrested, sent to a custody center and cuffed behind his back. The guards put a belt between the handcuffs and hung him up on a metal pole. He sweated profusely from the pain but didn't make a sound. Because he refused to give up his beliefs, the guards tortured him more and hung him for seven or eight days, until the handcuffs cut into his wrists and the wounds became severely infected. Before releasing him, the guards later extorted 2,000 Yuan from his poverty-stricken family.

On January 27, 2003, Wang Qingzhou was again arrested and sent to a brainwashing class. Two people there monitored him and followed him everywhere, including the restroom. The guards took turns interrogating him and deprived him of sleep. They cuffed his hands to a chair and tied his legs to that chair. They taped his eyelids so he could not close his eyes to sleep. On the sixth day, the guards and the collaborators [former Falun Gong practitioners who have gone astray due to torture and brainwashing] beat Wang Qingzhou in a separate room. People in other rooms heard Wang Qingzhou's screams.

The next evening he was tied up in the hallway. The weather was cold and he wore only thin clothes. Fifteen days later he jumped from the second floor and escaped. He went to Wendeng City in Weihai, but the police traced his phone call to his family. They arrested him several days later and took him back to the detention center.

We do not know what kind of mistreatment he suffered during this period. In May 2003 he was fined 3,000 Yuan and released. After he returned home, he had constant pain in his abdomen. Three months after his release, in August 2003 [Chinese lunar calendar], he passed away.

This is the third case in which a Dafa practitioner from Rongcheng, Weihai City has died as a result of torture.

Related phone numbers:

Yue Lianhong: secretary of Politics and Law Committee of Rongcheng City, 86-631-7563567
Liu Qiang: head of "610 Office", 86-631-7564383 (Office), 7553486 (Home), 86-13806304416 (Cell), 86-631-7985876
Yu Xinzhuang: head of Rongcheng City Police Department, 86-631-7567868 (Office), 86-13906307868 (Cell), 86-631-7887868
Politics and Security Division: 86-631-7562944
Detention Center: 86-631-7555314
Custody Center: 86-631-7555324
Patrol Police Group: 86-631-7571077, 86-631-7572247
Rongcheng City National Security Bureau: 86-631-7561132

Rongcheng City Public Prosecutor office: 86-631-7563823, Report center: 86-631-7562000
Xunshan Tire Factory in Rongcheng City: 86-631-7653299, 86-631-7651031