(Clearwisdom.net) According to data obtained from the Clearwisdom website, in the first half-year of 2004, 165 cases of Falun Dafa practitioners dying as a result of persecution were confirmed through nongovernmental channels. Among these cases, 75 practitioners were tortured to death. In total, from July 20, 1999, when Jiang Zemin's and his followers started to brazenly persecute Falun Dafa, to June 30, 2004, 998 Falun Dafa practitioners are confirmed to have died as a result of persecution.

These 165 cases in 2004 of Falun Dafa practitioners dying as a result of persecution were distributed over 25 provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities in Mainland China, below are some examples:

Heilongjiang, Jilin, Hebei, Liaoning, Shandong, Sichuan, Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, Chongqing, Hunan, Hubei, Shanxi, Henan, Jiangsu, Zhejian, Anhui, Gansu, Guizhou, Guangdong, Fujian, Hainan, Neimenggu and Xinjiang.

Among them, Heilongjiang (24 cases), Jilin (19 cases), Hebei (19 cases), Liaoning (18 cases), Shandong (15 cases) and Sichuan (14 cases) are the provinces where the persecution was most severe. The 75 people who were tortured to death constitute 45% of the verified 165 cases.

26 cases of practitioners being tortured to death came out of Mainland China in June

In June 2004 alone, 26 cases of Falun Dafa practitioners dying as a result of persecution were verified through nongovernmental channels. 17 of these were practitioners who firmly persisted in continuing their cultivation practice and belief in Falun Gong and as a result were tortured to death for holding that belief. This year in 2004, five of these practitioners recently were reported as having died in June.

The 26 cases of practitioners who were tortured to death were distributed over 13 provinces and municipalities: Hebei (4); Heilongjiang (4); Jilin (3); Liaoning (2); Shandong (2); Beijing (2); Sichuan (1); Guangdong (1); Hubei (1); Hunan (1); Anhui (1); Zhejiang (1); and Hainan (1).

Among these, the oldest was Zhang Shouxin, who was 70 years old and lived in Dahe Village, Hongqi Town, Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province. The youngest was Liu Xiaodong, who was 32 years old and a former employee of the Hailun City Country Credit Union in Heilongjiang Province. Thirteen of these people were older than 50, which accounts for 50% of the group and 12 were women, which accounts for 46%.

Both body and mind benefit from living according to the principle of "Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance" and these practitioners were brutally tortured simply for wanting to be good people.

Among the 26 Falun Dafa practitioners who were tortured to death, there was Zhu Jun, a simple and honest retired worker; Cui Fue and Wang Shujun, farmers; Wang Jinzhong an employee; Li Zhen, a fiscal economist; Mou Naiwu, a teacher at a college; Bi Guohua and Lin Youhui, common citizens; and Han Junqing, who gave up bad habits and behavior in order to be a good person after practicing Falun Dafa.

All Falun Dafa practitioners who were tortured to death have their own story about how their body and mind benefited or and their own touching cultivation experiences when they learned to practice Falun Dafa.

Ms. Chen Xiaoqing was a Falun Dafa practitioner in Bafang Village, Nanloudi Town, Anguo County, Baoding District, Hebei Province. Because she suffered from late stage cancer, which was considered incurable, the hospital told her she was dying. However, after she practiced Falun Dafa, her incurable cancer went into remission and she obtained a new life.

Mr. Lin Youhui, over 60 years old, was a Falun Dafa practitioner in Jieyang City, Guangdong Province. Since he was busy and had a lot of stress in his life, he suffered from many diseases, including tuberculosis and heart disease. Although he was a doctor, he had no way to cure himself. Later on, he was so sick that he was not able to get out of bed. However, two months after he studied the Falun Dafa teachings and began practicing the exercises, he fully recovered. Whenever he met any person, he would tell them, "Teacher Li Hongzhi gave me a second life."

Falun Dafa practitioner Han Junqing lived in the Fangshan District, Beijing City. He had been a famous local "ruffian" for many years. However, since he started to practice Falun Dafa, he got rid of all his bad habits and changed for the better.

(Reference: http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2004/6/17/77280.html)

Mr. Mou Naiwu was a teacher at the Weifang Institute of Shangdong Province. Before he practiced Falun Dafa, he suffered from many diseases, including high blood pressure, intermittent heart problems, coronary heart disease, stomach trouble, and severe near-sightedness. Since these diseases are considered to be "mutually repellent" in therapy, treating one symptom often leads to the worsening of another. Even though he was young, he was known at the school as a "chronic invalid". The torment of disease led him to have a desperate outlook on life, and Mou gradually became highly irritable with his coworkers and family. After he started practicing Falun Dafa in 1997, everything changed. His illnesses went away, his anxious and irritable temperament disappeared and he became a very good-natured person, on friendly terms with everyone around him. Mou accomplished more and did better at work, and he was honored as an "outstanding teacher" several times. He was even put in charge of the teaching and research group. Many people remarked that he became a new person after beginning to practice Falun Dafa.

The genocidal persecution deprives innocent and good people of their lives

In the 26 cases of practitioners who died as a result of persecution, incidents of both physical and mental torture were very common. Falun Dafa practitioners commonly suffered from all kinds of beatings, brutal torture, brainwashing and financial extortion. They experienced the brutal persecution conducted by detention centers, forced labor camps, jails, mental hospitals, brainwashing centers, local police stations and the "610 Office" in order to force them to give up their belief of "Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance".

Among the 26 practitioners, most died as a result of persecution at various sites. One practitioner died after he was falsely detained in a mental hospital, where he was forcibly injected with harmful medication and experienced mental torture that drove him to a mental collapse. Beatings and brutal torture directly resulted in five practitioners' deaths. At the same time, many practitioners suffered from financial extortion in various forms and various amounts. The highest amount was more than 7000 yuan [500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China]. The brief introduction of part of cases is as following:

Mr. Zhang Jianhua was beaten up, and then died after being tortured on a "constraining bed"

(Reference: http://minghui.org/mh/articles/2004/6/23/77748.html)

Mr. Zhang Jianhua, male, who was around 50 years old, was a Falun Dafa practitioner in Yushu City, Jilin Province. He was sent to the Jilin Prison not long before the Chinese New Year. On New Year's Eve, he refused to renounce his belief or comply with authorities' unlawful actions and was thrown on a quilt and beaten up by inmates under the instruction of the prison guards. Mr. Zhang was then taken to a "maximum security unit". Soon, both his chest and abdomen swelled up as a result of internal injuries he received from the beating. The unfeeling guards did not take him to the hospital. Instead, they continued to torture him by leaving him on the "constraining bed". Not until the next afternoon (Chinese New Year's Day of 2004), did the inmate on duty think about taking a look at him. By then, Mr. Zhang had long since passed away.

After Mr. Zhang Jianhua was tortured to death, in order to deceive other inmates and Mr. Zhang's family, officials of the Jilin Prison made a fabricated report to their superiors in order to cover-up the truth that Mr. Zhang died as a direct result of police brutality.

Ms. Wang Yaping became paralyzed and lost sight in one eye due to the persecution he received before passing away a few months later.

(Reference: http://minghui.org/mh/articles/2004/6/12/76753.html)

Ms. Wang Yaping, 47, was a Falun Dafa practitioner in Shuangqiao District, Chengde City, Hebei Province. Before practicing Falun Dafa, she suffered from bone cancer and liver cancer. Because of these illnesses she was very near death. After she began practicing Falun Dafa in 1995, all her illnesses were cured.

On January 1, 2001, she was arrested when she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa and validate Falun Dafa's principles, and was sentenced to two years of forced labor. Lu Feng and Liu Mingcheng, heads of the Shuangqiao Police Department National Security Division, sent her to the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp in Baoding City where she was cruelly tortured, both physically and mentally. The perpetrators shocked her with electric batons, and otherwise tortured her. They also forced her to do slave labor and didn't allow her to sleep. To protest this treatment, she began a hunger strike. The perpetrators knocked out two of her teeth trying to get her to stop. During this time her weight dropped from 180 jin to 100 jin (1 jin = 1.1 lbs). After her release in October 2002, she continued to clarify the truth of Falun Dafa and distributed flyers in the city.

In June 2003, when she was distributing flyers, Lu Feng, head of the Shuangqiao Police Department National Security Division, arrested her and sent her to the Luzhazigou "610 Office" to be brainwashed. Ms. Wang persisted in practicing Falun Dafa, however, and was sentenced to two years of forced labor and sent to the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp. In January 2004, her lower body became paralyzed and she became incontinent as a result of the tortures they used on her. She also lost sight in one eye. Because of this situation, the labor camp authorities told her family to take her home. She passed away on May 9, 2004.

Mr. Zhang Shouxin was tortured to the point where his whole body was swollen and later died as a result of these injuries

(Reference: http://minghui.org/mh/articles/2004/6/24/77827.html#hlj-06242004-1)

Mr. Zhang Shouxin, 70, was a Falun Dafa practitioner in Dahe Village, Hongqi Township, Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province. In 1996, he luckily came in contact with Falun Dafa. After he practiced Falun Dafa, stubborn illnesses he had suffered for years, such as arthritic pains in his back and legs, bladder stones and inflammation of the prostate all disappeared. Later on he and his sons and daughters successively established six practice sites in their local areas.

In July, 1999, Jiang's group started the persecution of Falun Dafa. Because Mr. Zhang Shouxin refused to give up his belief, he was arrested twice and detained, in November and December 1999, and was expelled from Party membership. Since then, the Party branch secretary in his village, Liu Fuhai, and security personnel Dong Yunshang as well as local policeman Wang Dawei often went to harass him in the name of "helping and educating" him. On June 20, 2000, Zhang Shouxin and his wife took their whole family to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa and unfurled banners on Tiananmen Square. He was arrested and suffered brutal beatings. Later he was taken back to his hometown and was sent directly to Qitaihe City No.1 Detention Center.

During his detention, Mr. Zhang suffered both physical and mental torment and as a result his whole body became swollen and was covered with ulcerous sores. Later he had difficulty passing urine, and when he had a catheter attached, he discharged a large amount of bloody liquid. Under strong demand from his family members, Mr. Zhang was released in October 2000 after the local police station extorted 2000 yuan from his family. Mr. Zhang passed away in April 2001.

Ms. Cui Fue became deaf and suffered kidney trauma due to being severely beaten and died as a result of the injury to her body

(Reference: http://minghui.org/mh/articles/2004/6/25/77932.html)

Ms. Cui Fue, 47, was a Falun Dafa practitioner in Daguantou Village, Liubinbao Township, Yanqing County, Beijing City. On April 8, 2001 of the Chinese calendar, she went to Beijing to appeal. That afternoon, Wang Xuehua, Head of the Liubinbao Police Station, led other police to take her back. They forcibly handcuffed her, packed her in the trunk of their vehicle and drove to the Third Section of the Yanqing Police Department. They dragged her out of the vehicle. Without a bit of rest, the police beat Ms. Cui with sticks. After the beating, Ms. Cui was half alive and black and blue all over her body. That night, she was sent to the Yanqing County Detention Center and detained for 15 days.

Later, when Ms. Cui's health had recovered a little, Wang Xuehua, the Head of the Liubinbao Police Station, took her to the police station and forced her to labor there for a hundred days. On May 5, 2001, on the Chinese calendar, Wang Xuehua led other police to furiously beat Ms. Cui up. After Ms. Cui was beaten, she lost hearing in one ear and suffered many internal injuries. Her kidneys were injured badly from the beating. Despite her injuries, she was still forced to do slave labor. After Ms. Cui was released, she suffered from very severe illnesses and was confined to her bed. She passed away on August 3, 2003.

Ms. Shi Yueqin was forcibly injected with a large quantities of powerful drugs in the mental hospital and killed herself as a result of being severely disoriented from the drugs.

(Reference: http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2004/6/15/77116.html)

Ms. Shi Yueqin, about 30 year's old, lived in Wenchang City, Hainan Province, and was an employee at the Hainan Food Supplies Department. She started practicing Falun Dafa in 1997. After July 20, 1999, Ms. Shi went to the provincial government and Beijing to appeal and clarify the truth many times. She was once illegally detained at the Haidian Detention Center and the Hainan Province Women's Labor Camp and suffered from inhuman torture while there. She was interrogated around the clock for three days and nights. She was punched, kicked, beaten with metal rods, and hung up by one hand. She was deprived of sleep continuously for several days and nights. Finally the guards exhausted all torture methods trying to get her to renounce her belief. Later, the labor camp sent her to Anning Hospital, Hainan Province's mental hospital.

In the mental hospital, the doctors treated her as a mental patient. She once told her friends, "The hospital used all sorts of base methods to treat me. If I told you the details, you would be terrified." In the beginning, she refused to accept any drug injections. She told them that she was a Falun Dafa practitioner and not a mental patient. The doctor said, "The labor camp said you are a mental patient and so you must be a mental patient."

The drug was black in color. The doctors tied her hands and legs to a bed and forcibly injected the drug. She was tied on the bed for several days and nights and was not allowed to go to bathroom. Therefore, she had to excrete in the bed. However, the doctor shamelessly said: "She prefers to be soaked in her own excrement rather than receive the injections. Isn't she a mental patient?" Just like this, Ms. Shi, who had no history of mental illness, was forcibly injected and fed with drugs for one month, which greatly injured her both mentally and physically.

Over a month later, the hospital called the labor camp and asked them to take Ms. Shi back and pay the bills. The labor camp did not send anyone to bring her back. Instead, they asked the staff at Anning Hospital to call Ms. Shi's sister to pick her up. Her sister had to pay about 3,800 yuan worth of medical costs before she could obtain her sister's release. Since Ms. Shi had been injected with a large amount of nervous system damaging drugs, after she returned home, she behaved strangely from the resulting psychological trauma. Tragically, on March 6, 2003, she jumped out of a building and died.

Each case is a blood debt. Good is rewarded with good and evil receives its due. Owing a debt, one mush pay it back. Jiang's regime will repay every blood debt they owe in the inhuman persecution of Falun Dafa. This day is coming soon.