(Clearwisdom.net) On July 7, 2004, Clearwisdom Net published an article with photos of Gao Rongrong, a 36-year-old female Falun Gong practitioner who was repeatedly tortured by being electrically shocked for almost seven hours by the guards at Longshan Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. Her face was severely disfigured from the burns. The startling contrast between Gao Rongrong's charming face before the persecution, and that of her burned face and obviously deteriorated health afterward, documents that the Longshan Forced Labor Camp has committed another heinous crime by rendering a person disabled and disfigured. This crime, committed soon after torturing two Falun Gong practitioners to death in accordance with the Jiang regime's policy of annihilating Falun Gong, was done in order to upgrade their status to that of a so-called "provincial-level" forced labor camp.

1. Two Falun Gong practitioners were tortured to death

Eyewitnesses have disclosed that the Longshan Forced Labor Camp once detained more than a hundred Falun Gong practitioners and was one of the most infamous among concentration camps for persecuting Falun Gong. In late 2001, the Longshan Forced Labor Camp was granted a bonus of 400,000 yuan (1) for "meritorious service" in persecuting Falun Gong.

The forced labor camp refused to release practitioners whose terms had already expired and Ms. Wang Xiuyuan was tortured to death

(Reference: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/6/23/49447.html)

Fifty-two-year-old Ms. Wang Xiuyuan lived in the Shenhe District of Shenyang City. In 2002, police abducted her at home and she was sentenced to two years at Longyang Forced Labor Camp simply because she wrote to the related local branches of government, relating her personal experience of mentally and physically benefiting from practicing Falun Gong.

According to the above referenced report by Clearwisdom Net, Ms. Wang Xiuyuan was severely beaten, deprived of sleep, endured physical punishment and was forced to do hard labor. In July 2002, Tang Yubao, Deputy Head of Longshan Forced Labor Camp's No.2 Brigade, violently threw her to the ground. Her head slammed against a metal heater and bled profusely.

Ms. Wang's two-year detention term expired on March 19, 2004, but Longshan Forced Labor Camp still refused to release her, so she went on a hunger strike to protest. She endured severe blood loss, erratic heart function, obstruction from a narrowed esophagus and severe loss of eyesight. It became difficult for her to walk without help. Later on, she was transferred to Liaoning Province's General Prison Hospital. The prison doctor slapped her across the face until her mouth bled, despite the fact that she could barely eat due to a number of esophageal problems. The Longshan Forced Labor Camp also extorted 4,000 yuan (2) from Ms. Wang's family, allegedly for medication.

By the time Ms. Wang was finally released on April 19, 2004, she was near death. The only reason that Longshan Forced Labor Camp released her was because they wanted to avoid the complications of taking responsibility for causing her death. On April 27, 2004, only a week after she was discharged from the hospital, Ms. Wang Xiuyuan passed away.

Ms. Wang Hong died of severe kidney failure caused by inhumane beatings

(Reference: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/9/17/13943.html)

Thirty-nine-year-old Ms. Wang Hong was a resident of East Street in Changtan Town, Liaozhong County, Liaoning Province. On December 1, 2000, she traveled to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong but was detained and then sent to Shenyang City's Longshan Forced Labor Camp. For firmly continuing to practice Falun Dafa and for refusing to cooperate with the evil forces behind the persecution, she was frequently beaten and tortured. She was transferred around to several forced labor camps before finally being sent back to Longshan Forced Labor Camp. She remained faithful and unyielding in her belief, and was therefore brutally beaten on a continual basis. She was badly injured and covered with large bruises. She suffered acute kidney failure and became critically ill from the beatings, yet the forced labor camp would still not let her family take her home. The camp authorities threateningly said that they would only let the family come to "collect her body." On August 22, 2001, practitioner Wang Hong was brought home alive, but died soon afterward, on August 31, 2001.

According to disclosed information, authorities at Longshan Forced Labor Camp forced Ms. Wang's head between her legs, tied her legs tightly together, then tied her hands behind her back. Threatening to beat her, they ordered her to stand up straight. This method of torture was used on her for more than twenty hours. Another method of torture was forcing her to sit on the floor and straighten her legs, then tying her head to one leg, while tying her hands behind her back. This torture also lasted for twenty hours. The camp supervisor instigated criminal prisoners to grab her around the neck, thus almost choking her to death.

2. Ms. Gao Rongrong was persecuted to disability due to repeated tortures

(Reference: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/7/12/50141.html)

The Longshan Forced Labor Camp is notorious for its diabolical means of persecution. It acts in collusion with Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, Zhangshi Forced Labor Camp, Shenyang Dabei Jail and Dalian Forced Labor Camp, in the inhumane persecution of Falun Gong practitioners that were illegally detained there. Since March 2004, authorities at Longshan Forced Labor Camp have persisted in their brutal persecution while attempting to cover up their crimes.

Ms. Gao Rongrong, a thirty-six-year-old accountant at Luxun Fine Arts College in Shenyang City, has remained steadfast in her practice of Falun Dafa. When the persecution began in 1999, she became a major target for the persecution. After losing her job because of it, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. However, she was arrested and held for several months before being sent to Longshan Forced Labor Camp in July 2003.

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Gao Rongrong, an accountant at the Luxun Fine Arts College in Shenyang City

On May 7, 2004, Tang Yubao, deputy head of the No. 2 Brigade, and team leader Jiang Zhaohua summoned Ms. Gao Rongrong to the duty office, then continually tortured her with electric batons for six or seven hours, from 3:00 p.m. until past 9:00 p.m. She sustained burns on her face, head and neck, which caused her face to swell and become disfigured. Her face was covered with blisters, her hair was matted with blood and pus was adhering to her scorched skin. She could only open her eyes a crack because of the swollen face and her mouth was severely swollen and deformed. Even inmates who had lived with her day and night for a long time could not recognize her. Picture 2 shows her face after the blisters had dried up, with the scars still present. The scars on some parts of her face are thick, which shows the severity of the electric shock. The perpetrators repeatedly shocked various parts of her face. Many of the blisters and burn scars have overlapping layers.

On May 7, 2004, Gao Rongrong's face is covered with burns from electric baton shocks; the picture was taken ten days after the torture

Since her detention at Longshan Forced Labor Camp, Ms. Gao was severely wounded from the torture. She had pain in the area of her liver and abdomen, an intermittent fever, persistent nausea and could not eat. Deputy head Tang Yubao, of the No.2 Brigade, slapped her across the face until she lost hearing in one ear. Yue Jun, head of the No.1 Brigade, ordered inmates to humiliate her by cutting the hair on the top of her head close to the scalp.

On March 22, 2004, Gao Rongrong refused to attend a Dafa-slandering meeting. Tang Yubao pulled her from her bed, grabbed her by the neck and dragged her outside to beat her. Several team leaders pinned Gao Rongrong to a chair. Tang Yubao also ordered two team leaders to carry her into the Administration Section office and cuff her to a heating pipe, where they then beat her and shocked her head, face, neck, hands and feet with electric batons for half an hour. Later, labor camp head Li Fengshi walked in, completely ignoring the lawless abuse of Gao Rongrong. Instead, he said to her, "This is an autocratic government agency. What do you think the handcuffs and electric batons are for? I don't believe they can't discipline you, little Gao Rongrong."

On May 7, 2004, in an attempt to escape from the inhumane torture, Gao Rongrong jumped from the second floor office window, fracturing her pelvis, thigh and legs. There were severe electric shock injuries on the sides of both legs. There were bruises on the front of her right shin from being kicked there. The area of injuries and the severity are greater on her left calf and thigh. The doctor diagnosed that she had sustained two fractures to her pelvis. Her left leg was severely fractured and her right heel was also broken. She was too weak to undergo surgery.

Longshan Forced Labor Camp and Shenyang City Judicial Bureau claimed the electrical shock scars on Gao Rongrong's face and body resulted from her fall from the second floor. On the same day, May 7, Tang Yubao also shocked the faces of Falun Gong practitioners Jin Kegui, Liang Shujie and others. Jin Kegui's face was severely scorched and swollen over a large area. Her eyes were black and blue, and pus seeped from her broken skin. She was limp from the beating. Her daughter tried to visit her, but the forced labor camp refused visitation.

3. Han Tianzi, a fifteen-year-old girl, was shocked with electric batons for four hours and Wu Yuyin, a disabled practitioner, was tortured to the point that her cerebellum began to atrophy.

(Reference: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/12/24/17088.html)

On December 13, 2001, Clearwisdom.net posted a reader's letter from China, exposing the criminal facts that the Longshan Forced Labor Camp had persecuted a fifteen-year-old girl named Han Tianzi. The letter follows:

"In July of 2000, I went to the Appeals Office in Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, but I was arrested and taken back by the local police. I was then illegally sent to the Longshan Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang, Liaoning Province. Once I was taken there, the police started to interrogate me. Every practitioner there was forced to write pledges to give up practicing Falun Gong or be shocked by electric batons.

"Suddenly, they brought in a fifteen-year-old girl named Han Tianzi. The police took the girl to the office and asked her to write a pledge. Tianzi refused, and the police then threatened her with electric batons. They also forced her to squat down in the office and said that she would be sent to reform school, where juvenile delinquents are detained. Tianzi was not scared, and she said, 'Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa. Restore my Master's reputation. Release all the detained Dafa practitioners unconditionally, as they have not committed any crimes and only try to be good people.' At that time I was being interrogated in the same office. I thought that this girl cultivated very well, coming to Beijing to validate Dafa by herself. In subsequent, repeated interrogations, the girl remained resolute. When the police found that threats were useless, they started to use electric batons to shock her.

"In our cell we could hear the child's cries of pain as well as a policeman yelling, 'Will you write the pledge or not?! Write a pledge, and you can go home!' The child said, 'I am protected by laws that safeguard minors, you are not allowed to beat me.' But the policeman had already lost his sense of humanity and continued to shock the girl for 3 to 4 hours until his shift ended. The policeman told the girl that he would shock her again when he came to work the next day."

A Disabled Dafa Practitioner Is Persecuted

(Reference: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/4/13/46991.html)

Ms. Wang Yuying is a disabled practitioner. She has congenital problems with her hands, feet, and legs, along with severe nearsightedness. In November 2003, she was wrongfully confined at Longshan Reform School. She was punished with physical abuse and forced to do heavy labor. When the prison guards found out that she had told the people around her the real story about Falun Gong, they started to bully her.

Originally, she had recovered from her health problems through practicing Falun Gong. However, under such persecution, she began to constantly twitch throughout her whole body. She had great difficulty eating, and had urinary incontinence. She stayed in bed and could not get up. Nine days later, she was finally sent to a hospital. The examination showed that her cerebellum had atrophied. The doctor said, "There is no way to cure such a condition. A patient can only take rest and nourishment to regain health. The condition will worsen if she is not well taken care of. There is even a risk of paralysis." Several days later, Ms. Wang was sent home.

However, in less than a month, around the middle of February 2004, Tang Yubao, a prison guard from the No.2 Brigade, went to Ms. Wang's home, took advantage of her family's absence, and forcibly took her to a hospital for a so-called "examination." He also lied to her, telling her that she would be sent back home on the same day, as long as she went through "medical parole" procedure upon obtaining her " examination results." However, Tang Yubao never asked the doctor to do any tests on Ms. Wang's brain. In fact, when the doctor said he needed to take an X-ray of her brain, Tang said there was no need. He also did not allow Ms. Wang to bring the original X-ray film from home. He then took her back to the reform school and continued the persecution.

Currently, Ms. Wang's situation is critical. She has very bad headaches and cannot sleep. She cannot eat, and vomits every day. She has not eaten anything for five or six days, and is filled with despair. Even in this delicate situation, Tang Yubao still viciously abuses her.

4. Exposing the persecution methods at Longshan Forced Labor Camp

(Reference: http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2004/1/24/65685.html)

In order to pursue the so-called "ratio of transformation"(3), the lawless authorities force Falun Gong practitioners to give up their belief, using wicked and despicable means. Since the first day that Falun Gong practitioners are sent to Longshan Forced Labor Camp, they are forced to accept the brainwashing. They are not allowed to sleep at night, or are allowed to sleep for only two or three hours. If practitioners do not give up their practice, the brutal authorities torture practitioners, both physically and mentally.

According to incomplete statistics, the persecution methods at Longshan Forced Labor Camp include the following: shocking with electric batons for extended periods of time, pouring cold water on practitioners in wintertime, covering practitioners' heads with blankets in summer, beating them with brooms, stabbing them with sticks, spitting on practitioners' faces and bodies, slapping practitioners in the face, kicking them, forcing them to squat, beating sensitive regions around the ribcage, pinching the practitioners, scraping the regions around the ribcage with coins, demanding and conniving prisoners to inflict violence on practitioners, pulling practitioners' hair, slamming them against the concrete floor, clutching their necks, pressuring them to "hold the position" (one squats with separate legs, his head is pressed down on the ground between the two legs and he has to hold the position), covering practitioners' noses and mouths so that practitioners cannot speak or breathe, hitting them in the eyes until they bleed, depriving them of sleep, force-feeding them, forcing practitioners to stand with "the head against wall" (also called "swallow flying"), pinching the neck, demanding that prisoners spy on practitioners, forcing practitioners to read the Judicatory Bureau's internally published book that defames Falun Gong and making them watch the video of fabrications about Falun Gong. Longshan Forced Labor Camp also sends female practitioners to Zhangshi Forced Labor Camp where male prisoners inflict even more inhuman torture on them. Women practitioners' hair is pulled out in large clumps. Male prisoners are allowed to take indecent liberties with female practitioners, to torture them with physical punishments such as "Eighteen Mengs" (4) and to extort money from them.

Li Fengshi, the dean in charge of persecuting Falun Gong, threatened practitioners by saying, "If you do not transform (5), you will not be allowed to sleep." If they do not yield, Tang Yubao, a ruthless guard, just begins shocking them with electric batons, and kicking and beating them all around the head and face. He ties a practitioner's arms and legs together and squeezes them under a bed, or separates one's arms and legs, ties them to a bed and then covers their head with a blanket. He utilized many despicable torture methods, such as the "marshal squat," "carry on the head against wall," and "half-plane style." A practitioner was beaten so badly that her head and face were severely swollen. If they still did not yield, practitioners would be sent to the Zhangshi Building, where they were brutally beaten. However, Jiang Yubo, the head of the Education Section of Longshan Forced Labor Camp, told people who came to visit that the Party gives salutary influence to education. Actually, it is a violent, sanguinary slaughter.

Tang Yubao, a guard in the No.2 Brigade, even referred to himself as a rascal in uniform. Tang Yubao said," Currently, Falun Gong practitioners are here. If I do not take advantage of them now, when will I ever be able to?" He extorted money from those Falun Gong practitioners who wanted to go home, claiming, "If you want to go home, 5,000 yuan is the minimum fee."

Li Jifeng, a guard in the No.1 Brigade, said to those practitioners who wanted to go home, "You should pay at least 5,000 yuan if you want me to handle this." Many practitioners were not released until they were extorted for sums of from 10,000 to 30,000 yuan.

5. Falun Gong practitioners are forced to do slave labor

(Reference: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/3/26/46395.html)

Since July 2001, the Longshan Forced Labor Camp officials have forced Falun Gong practitioners to process wax candles in various colors. (Other common inmates are also forced to do this work). The candles are then exported and the labor camp makes big profits from the cheap labor.

The Longshan Forced Labor Camp received its first order for the wax-processing job in mid-July 2001. The elderly and weak Falun Gong practitioners were forced to work in their cells, making plastic packing boxes for the candles.

The majority of Falun Gong practitioners were taken to a big hall near the entrance of the labor camp to process and to package the candles for shipment. Over a dozen colors were used for the wax, and each of them gave off a strong smell of artificial perfumes that irritated their nasal passages. After a whole day's work, practitioners would be covered with wax crumbs and their clothes would smell of these irritating chemical odors. Many practitioners looked pale, became dizzy and sick and lost their appetite from inhaling these toxic odors.

About a hundred people were forced to do this work on a daily basis. The common inmates can finish eighty to ninety boxes per person per day, if done at a fast pace.

The transparent glue used for sealing the boxes is toxic. Since practitioners have to use their fingers to press and seal, their fingers are often stuck together. Sometimes when this happens repeatedly it makes the skin peel off and stick to the box.

Initially, the daily work hours were from 7:00 or 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. After a while, however, the guards said that more shipping containers were waiting to be filled for delivery. So sometimes the work hours were extended until past midnight or even around 1:00 or 2:00 a.m. Later, when they ran out of space in the big hall, the authorities moved the wax production assembly line to the narrow hallways between the cells. Those cells were already poorly ventilated. Now, not only were the cells full of odors of chemical perfume but the hallways became contaminated as well. People became dizzy and lost energy as a result. The long work hours and the toxic smell made Falun Gong practitioners dizzy and weak in the extremities. For example, a practitioner named Ning, in the No.1 Brigade, returned from the big hall and felt dizzy and weak. He lay on his bed and could not get up. Once, an elderly Falun Gong practitioner turned pale and had to be helped back from the wax-processing hall.

The wax-processing work continued until early 2002. This is only one example of manufacturers using slave labor from Chinese forced labor camps. They especially take advantage of this type of slave labor around the peak period of overseas holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year.

Apart from the slave labor products mentioned above, Longshan Forced Labor Camp also assembles and/or manufactures festive decorations such as snowmen and snowflakes. In addition, they also make shoe soles and sew overcoats and other products. The work hours for those products are even longer and the labor is more intense.

* * * * * * * * * *

A civic-level forced labor camp insanely and inhumanely tortures Falun Gong practitioners in order to accumulate "achievements" so as to meet the upgrade criteria. This clearly demonstrates that under Jiang's policy to annihilate Falun Gong, brutally persecuting Falun Gong practitioners not only becomes a criterion for promotion for personnel in public security, procuratorial organs, people's court and judicatory organs, but also a criterion for the promotion in status for forced labor institutions.

However, all debts must eventually be paid. Wrongdoing must be punished. All accomplices, great and small, who follow Jiang's regime in the persecution of Falun Gong will be exposed and punished for their crimes in the near future.


  1. Yuan is the basic unit of Chinese currency.
  2. The average monthly salary of an urban worker in China is 500 yuan.
  3. A brainwashing quota.
  4. Nine or Eighteen Mengs: A means of physical punishment used to torture Falun Dafa practitioners.
  5. "Transform": to become brainwashed.