(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zeng Weibi was 66 years old. She worked in the Chongqing City Banan Food Company. Before she began practicing Falun Gong, Ms. Zeng suffered from various diseases. She was very thin and pale. At one point she had an operation on her bile duct. As a result, she was unable to control her bowels and bladder, and became incontinent whenever she coughed. However, a miracle happened one month after she began practicing Falun Gong. Her bowels and bladder function became normal and she gained a rosy complexion. She did not need to take any medicine from that time on. Ms. Zeng said that practicing Falun Gong and following the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance" had given her a second life.

In early 2000, Zeng Weibi went to appeal to the government on behalf of Falun Gong. However, for this she was arrested and tortured. Police officer Liu Xianghai and others from the First Division of the Banan Public Security Office put her into a detention center three times and brutally tortured her there.

The police attempted to send her to Maojiashan Women Labor Camp. However, the labor camp rejected her. Liu Xianghai and others still did not release Ms. Zeng. Instead they continued to detain her at the Banan Detention Center. They only released her after she became extremely weak and was unable to stand. The police asked her family to take her to the dormitory of Banan Food Company. Liu Xianghai threatened the official of her work unit and had her taken to the Brick Factory. He and police officers from Lianshi Police Station constantly harassed Ms. Zeng. Furthermore, Liu Xianghai pressured Zeng Weibi's youngest son to force her to move out of her house, threatening that he would be laid off if he did not comply. Concerned about her son's situation, Zeng Weibi moved out and lived in a rented room.

After prolonged torture, harassment, constant monitoring and being threatened, this elderly woman could no longer hold up and became ill. On May 25, 2003, she passed away with wounds all over her body. She was able to defeat all of her diseases through practicing Falun Gong. However, she was killed by the police. At the time when she passed away, there were three police officers sitting outside her room monitoring her. After she died, the police threatened Ms. Zeng Weibi's family not to expose the incident, as they were afraid that their evil deeds would be exposed.

Perpetrators who are directly involved in the torture and death of Zeng Weibi:

Liu Xianghai and others from the First Division of the Banan Public Security Office.