(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Deng Yi is about 30 years old. She has been illegally detained in the Chatou Forced Labor Camp for more than two years. Because she remains determined in practicing Falun Dafa, guards have been cruelly torturing her. In order to protest the persecution and safeguard the right to her belief, Ms. Deng has been on a hunger strike for more than one year.

One time, Ms. Deng tore down a poster slandering Falun Dafa which the guards had posted on the wall. Because of her righteous action, she was continually beaten very badly (the police guards instigated drug addict inmates to beat her). As a result, Ms. Deng was severely injured. Dark fluid seeped from her ankles, and she was unable to take care of herself. The guards continuously persecuted Ms. Deng, and ordered four of the most vicious drug addicted inmates to keep a close watch on her. Moreover, the guards humiliated her and tortured her every day. Currently, Ms. Deng has become emaciated, and she looks like a totally different person compared to her appearance when first arriving at the forced labor camp. Even after enduring such enormous pain, she still boldly declares, "Falun Dafa is good! Falun Dafa is the righteous way!"

The guards continue to cover up the truth and block the information about Ms. Deng's serious condition. One day, when Ms. Deng was carried to see the doctor, another practitioner happened to see this. The guards swore at that Dafa practitioner. Ms. Deng is still on a hunger strike. The term of her illegal detention is almost completed, yet the police have no plans to release her. Ms. Deng's husband, Wang Hongfa, is also a Dafa practitioner. The police deceived him and arrested him. More than one year has passed since his arrest, and Mr. Wang is said to be detained in the Chini Labor Camp. Their young daughter is left at home without her parents. Ms. Deng's family members, especially her mother, have been severely threatened and harrassed by the police. Ms. Deng's mother has been traumatized so severely that she cannot even recall how long it has been since she last saw her daughter!

Dafa practitioners at the labor camp are forced to transcribe letters prepared by the guards, renouncing their practice and denouncing Falun Dafa. The guards brutally torture those who do not comply, using sleep deprivation, forcing practitioners to stand for long periods of time, and hanging them up by ropes and shackles. The also tie up practitioners into positions that cause severe pain. They have exhausted their means of torturing determined Dafa practitioners. Even Ms. Pang Lihui, a practitioner who is over 70 years old, has also suffered these tortures. Guards took her to the notorious so-called "Guangzhou City Law Education School." They covered her mouth with strong, wide tape, wrapping it around her head about eight times. Ms. Pang could not breathe; her face turned green and blue, and she almost died. The guards were afraid she would die and took off the tape. Seeing that they were unable to force Ms. Pang to renounce Falun Dafa, the police sent her to the Chatou Labor Camp. There was no legal procedure for her transfer and she was continually persecuted in the forced labor camp. The guards did allow her to sleep, and she could barely get four or five hours of sleep a day. This and others types of severe persecution have caused the left side of Ms. Pang's brain to malfunction. In order to cover up her injury, the guards did not allow family members to visit Ms. Pang. They also told her, "As long as you do not transform and renounce Falun Gong, we will not let you go home."

Persons responsible:

Director: Liang Huiping

Political instructor: Hua Shaoxia

Education division: Zheng Haiyan

Police officers: Xiang Fan, Zhang Weixin, Lin Wenying

Police guards: Zhang Jingqing, Xu Xiaohong, Zhuo Xiuling, Wang Suijuan, Lu Chunlin Xin Huiyu, Cen Suzhen, Xiong Hubing, Chen Jiayu, Jiang Yuying, Liao Rongrong

Chinese version available

Category: Accounts of Persecution