Latest News from China - June 8, 2004
- [Lianzhou City, Guangdong Province] Twelve Falun Dafa Practitioners Taken to a Brainwashing Class
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Sun Xiuxia Again Taken into Custody
- [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Wang Fang Diagnosed With Late Stage Pulmonary Tuberculosis Resulting From Inhumane Torture
- [Wuchang City, Heilongjiang Province] Production Site of Falun Dafa Truth-Clarifying Materials Sabotaged
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Gao Jianying Detained by Officers from Donglicun Police Station
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Police Rudely Abduct Two Falun Dafa Practitioners in Wuchang District
- [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Sun Jie Forced to Leave Home to Avoid Persecution
- [Zhenjiang City, Jiangsu Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Ke Cheng Again Loses Freedom
- [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Mu Qin, Zhu Yun, and Wang Lixiang Sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Chibi City, Hubei Province] Luo Yunbin, From Land Management Bureau of the Changjiang Committee, Taken to a Brainwashing Center by Lawless Officials
- [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Several Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested by the "610 Office" in October 2003
- [Beijing] Ms. Chen Junjie and Her Husband in Fengtai District Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison
- [Dongguang County, Hebei Province] Facts Surrounding the Persecution against Mr. Guo Shuhui
- [Chenxi, Hunan Province] Updates on the Persecution against Three Falun Dafa Practitioners
1. [Lianzhou City, Guangdong Province] Twelve Falun Dafa Practitioners Taken to a Brainwashing Class
1. On the evening of May 27, 2004, the Lianzhou City "610 Office" (1) coordinated with the Qingyuan City "610 Office" and the Lianzhou City Police Station to launch a campaign to abduct Falun Dafa practitioners. Twelve Falun Dafa practitioners have reportedly been unlawfully taken into custody under this campaign so far: Shenshui Dong, elementary School teacher Xiao Ziqiu, Gao Duicun, Zhang Shunjuan along with four other practitioners, Deng Ouying with two other practitioners from Xingzi Town, one other person near the Teachers' School, and one elsewhere. The practitioners are being held at the Lianzhou Teachers' Advancement School for brainwashing.
Individuals responsible for the persecution and telephone numbers where they can be reached:
Chief of the Lianzhou City Police Department: 86-763-6623075
Tang Musheng, member of the Lianzhou City "610 Office," Party Secretary of the Lianzhou City Political and Judiciary Committee
Deng Xianhua, member of the Lianzhou City "610 Office," Head of the Political Security Section of the Lianzhou City Police Department
Mao Yukun, member of the Lianzhou City "610 Office," deputy director: 86-763-6633929 (home), 86-13838593283 (mobile)
Cheng Haitao, member of the Lianzhou City "610 Office:" 86-13326558336 (mobile)
Huang Deyi, member of the Lianzhou City "610 Office:" 86-13076670811 (mobile)
2. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Sun Xiuxia Again Taken into Custody
Ms. Sun Xiuxia lives near Tiebei Erdaogou in Nanguan District, Changchun City, Jilin Province. She was abducted from her home on May 27, 2004.
At 7:30 a.m. on May 27, Ms. Sun was about to have breakfast when eight plain-clothes police officers entered her home. They claimed to be from the Branch Police Department. Upon entering, they questioned whether she still practiced Falun Gong and whether she had CDs with truth-clarifying contents. She told them that she still practices. They told her it was banned by the government, and they started searching her home. They found Falun Dafa books and truth-clarifying materials. Ms. Sun refused to cooperate with their lawless acts and shouted "Falun Dafa Is Good." The policemen beat and kicked her while carrying her into a police vehicle. Her husband was also taken away at the same time.
Their daughter was scared and cried continuously. Her mother, in her sixties, happened to be visiting at the time, and was distressed by this abuse. Ms. Sun's husband is kind and reserved. He could not stop the police brutality, and they demanded that he keep an eye on his wife.
Ms. Sun has been sentenced twice to forced labor for practicing Falun Dafa. After the second unlawful forced labor term, she was taken to the Changchun City Brainwashing Center. She suffered from illness as a result of abuse, and was released only after her family wrote guarantees that renounced Falun Gong on her behalf, which she later nullified.
3. [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Wang Fang Diagnosed With Late Stage Pulmonary Tuberculosis Resulting From Inhumane Torture
In order to coerce Falun Dafa practitioners to give up the practice, police of the Heilongjiang Women's Prison have been showing brainwashing videotapes in all the wards, including the hospital area. Three or four police officers then take out preprinted "statements of transformation" and attempt to force practitioners' fingers to sign the document.
Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Fang refused to wear the inmate identification tag and went on a hunger strike, so a tube was inserted into her nose for force-feeding. The tube was left in for almost a week, and was used repeatedly without cleaning, thus infecting her lung. In a recent checkup, she was diagnosed with late stage pulmonary tuberculosis, which is considered incurable. Ms. Wang Fang is losing weight each day.
4. [Wuchang City, Heilongjiang Province] Production Site of Falun Dafa Truth-Clarifying Materials Sabotaged
A production site for Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials was sabotaged in Wuchang City, Heilongjiang Province. Falun Dafa practitioners Yu Lihua, Zhang Guojun, Bai Yuqin, Yao Lijun, Zhang Shuqing, and Zou Dafu were arrested.
5. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Gao Jianying Detained by Officers from Donglicun Police Station
Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Gao Jianying, who is around 50 years old, lives at No. 214 Gongnong Road in Qiaoxi District, Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province. Around 11:30 a.m. on May 12, 2004, approximately four police officers suddenly broke into her home to conduct an unlawful search. They found and confiscated Falun Dafa books and Falun Gong exercise tapes. Ms. Gao is currently being held at the Shijiazhuang Detention Center.
Donglicun Police Station, located on South Zhonghua Street in Shijiazhuang City, Telephone numbers: 86-311-3833509, 3835473, 3835343
6. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Police Rudely Abduct Two Falun Dafa Practitioners in Wuchang District
Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Geng lives at Jiyuqiao in Wuchang District, Wuhan City, Hubei Provice. At the end of May, she was abducted by police officers who threw a linen bag over her head.
Ms. Wei Xiangzhen lives with her family next to the Second Changjiang Bridge at Xujiapeng in Wuchang District, Wuhan City. Officers from the local police station have harassed her at her home numerous times. The Xujiapeng Neighborhood Committee has been urged by the police station to keep an eye on her. As a result, officials of the Neighborhood Committee have told her to move out of their sight. On June 2, Ms. Wei found and rented a new place, but officials from the Neighborhood Committee followed her to the new location. She tried to raise the officials' awareness of the persecution of Falun Gong and asked them not to follow her, but they dialed 110 to call in the police, who dragged her into a police vehicle. The landlord witnessed this unreasonable act and demanded an explanation from the officers. They told him that she was arrested for "distributing Falun Gong materials" elsewhere. Later, Ms. Wei was taken to the Dongxihu Women's Forced Labor Education. Officials there lied to inmates, claiming Ms. Wei was arrested for arson.
7. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Sun Jie Forced to Leave Home to Avoid Persecution
Police officer Fu Yongli of the Beiji Police Station in Jilin City is in charge of the residential area where Sun Jie lives. In November 2003, Fu forcibly searched Sun's home, confiscating several Falun Dafa books and truth-clarifying banners. Sun Jie has since been forced to stay away from his home. On May 5, 2004, informants called the police upon seeing Sun return to the residence. After 8:00 p.m. the same evening, underground gang members were hired and sent to Sun's home. They smashed the window after climbing over from Sun's next door neighbor's residence, but Sun was not home at the time.
8. [Zhenjiang City, Jiangsu Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Ke Cheng Again Loses Freedom
Mr. Ke Cheng, 35, is a Falun Dafa practitioner in Zhenjiang City, Jiangsu Province. In 2001 he went to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa and was unlawfully sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor. He remained steadfast in his belief while in the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp in Beijing and was not released until his forced labor term expired. After Mr. Ke returned to Zhenjiang City, local authorities constantly harassed him. Twice he was unreasonably taken to a "transformation class" for brainwashing. But throughout both sessions, he never gave up his belief. On June 2, 2004, Mr. Ke was abducted on his way home after work. The thugs then ransacked his home and took possession of his personal computer and some Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials.
This new round of persecution against him has hurt his family badly, leaving his elderly mother and his young son without care.
9. [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Mu Qin, Zhu Yun, Wang Lixiang, and Yang Hong Sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
Huludao City Falun Dafa practitioners Mu Qin, Zhu Yun, and Wang Lixiang have been sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. In addition, early in the morning on April 2, 2004, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Yang Hong was taken to a detention center. Six days after she went on a hunger strike abstaining from food and water, she was transferred to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. No information is available on her recent conditions since no one is allowed to visit her.
10. [Chibi City, Hubei Province] Luo Yunbin, From Land Management Bureau of the Changjiang Committee, Taken to a Brainwashing Center by Lawless Officials
Luo Yunbin is an employee of the Land Management Bureau of the Changjiang Committee in Chibi City, Hubei Province. Luo was taken to the Wuhan City Brainwashing Class by officials from the bureau. On the morning of June 3, 2004, Ding Shupu of the security section led a group of people to deceive Luo into coming out. There were few other people in the family quarters and Ding forcibly pushed Luo into a vehicle and drove away. Employees and officials who assisted Ding in the abduction include: Wei Anyi, Liu Xiaoming, Liu Baohua, and Fan Qiufang.
When Luo's mother went to Ding to demand the release of Luo, Ding pretended to know nothing about the abduction. Even when Luo's mother pointed out that he had led others to the family quarters for the abduction, Ding still tried to deny involvement. When Luo's sister-in-law went to see Liu Xiaoming, Liu said Luo was taken to a study session.
Individuals directly responsible for the abduction of Luo:
Liu Baohua, bureau police officer: 86-715-5259198 (home)
Ding Shupu, bureau police officer: 86-13872175382 (mobile)
Liu Xiaoming, head of human resources section of the bureau: 86-13907246095 (mobile)
Wei Anyi, director of the bureau office: 86-13508646106 (mobile)
11. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Several Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested by the "610 Office" in October 2003
Shenzhen Falun Dafa practitioners Xue Aimei, Yan Hongzhuan, Guo Yiqun, and Yang Xiaolan have been missing since October 27, 2003. It has been verified that they were abducted by the notorious "610 Office" in Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province. The practitioners have all been inhumanely tortured.
12. [Beijing] Ms. Chen Junjie and Her Husband in Fengtai District Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison
Ms. Chen Junjie is a Falun Dafa practitioner in Fengtai District, Beijing. She is currently being unlawfully held in custody in Daxing, Beijing. At the end of September 2003, she was arrested by the police on her way to Daxing. The police also ransacked her home and arrested both her non-practitioner husband and her 18-year-old son, who is in college. Her husband was charged with "abetting" and sentenced to two years in prison. Her son was released after being held in custody for over a month. The police have recently been coercing her son to tape record confessions, by telling him, "This is the only way to get your mother out."
13. [Dongguang County, Hebei Province] Facts Surrounding the Persecution against Mr. Guo Shuhui
Mr. Guo Shuhui is in his thirties, and is a Falun Dafa practitioner in Dongguang County, Hebei Province. He was forced to stay away from his home due to harassment. On May 25, 2004, he was unlawfully arrested while posting Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials inside a building in Fusong County, Jilin Province. Mr. Guo is currently being held at the Fusong County Detention Center. The police found a photocopying machine in his rented room. Although Mr. Guo suffers from swollen eyes and loss of eyesight, he is still subjected to interrogation several times a day by the crime investigating brigade of Fusong County.
14. [Chenxi, Hunan Province] Updates on the Persecution against Three Falun Dafa Practitioners
On March 13, Falun Dafa practitioners Ms. Yang Yuman, 23, born in Ruanling, Mr. Ning Tieqiao, in his thirties, born in Shaoyang, and Mr. Hu Chougai, also in his thirties, born in Chenxi, went to Wang'anping in Chenxi to distribute Falun Gong truth-clarifying leaflets. Informants called township government officials, who beat and arrested the three practitioners.
Ms. Yang Yuman suffered from inhumane force-feeding numerous times after holding a hunger strike for over fifty days. She was then unlawfully sentenced to a forced labor camp together with Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Hu Chougai, each given a one-and-a-half year term. Ms. Yang was sent to the Baimalong Women's Forced Labor Camp last month. No one has heard anything since, and many are worried about her situation.
Mr. Hu Chougai has been taken into custody at the No. 7 Brigade of the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp in Changsha City, Hunan Province. His wife Ms. Deng Yue'e is already being unlawfully held at the Changsha Women's Prison because she practices Falun Dafa. Since his arrest, their two children in junior high school must depend on their elderly grandfather for care.
Mr. Ning Tieqiao has been unlawfully held at the Chenxi Detention Center for almost three months. According to inside information, the Chenxi Police Department has turned in documents to the Chenxi Procuratorate for bringing charges against Falun Dafa practitioners. Ordinarily decisions on forced labor are handled by the county and city police departments without involving the procuratorate. Prison terms are normally processed by the police department, which brings in the procuratorate, and then the court holds a trial.
Relevant telephone numbers:
County code: 86; city code: 731
Main line of the Hunan Province Police Department: 4590600
Judiciary Bureau of Hunan Province: 4590134
Administration of Forced Labor of Hunan Province: 2275121
Prison Administration of Hunan Province: 4592688
Forced Labor Security Dispatch of the Zhuzhou City Police Department: 8208655
Public Contact Number for Civil Affairs in Hunan Province: 2211410
(1) "610 Office": An agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.