(Clearwisdom.net) Yao Sanzhong was a music teacher at Luohe Normal School in Henan Province. In 2000, he was sent to the Henan Province No. 3 Labor Camp (located in Xuchang City, and also known as Xuchang Labor Camp) because he refused to give up his belief in Falun Gong. In December 2002, he was dying as a result of the persecution inflicted on him there. He could only lie in bed, unable to move or eat. In order to shirk responsibility for his death, the labor camp told his family to come get him; he died shortly after returning home.

Mr. Yao was a young and very talented music instructor. Everyone who knew him said he was a truly good person. Even as he was enduring enormous suffering, he still cared about and thought about other people. He manifested the compassion and purity of a Dafa practitioner. With his own actions, he effectively validated that Falun Dafa is good. He resisted mistreatment with extraordinary perseverance, which even shocked the guards at the labor camp who tortured him.

Mr. Yao was one of the first Falun Gong practitioners sent to Xuchang Labor Camp. On March 21, 2001, when some vicious staff members at the labor camp were slandering Falun Gong during a meeting, he and more than a dozen fellow practitioners spoke out loudly saying, "Falun Dafa is good." For this, he was considered a "diehard person," and his term was extended by seven months. In addition to being beaten on the spot, guards in the camp's 2nd Division organized nearly two hundred inmates to participate in a so-called "helping" for Mr. Yao¡ªeveryone had to hit him hard; otherwise that inmate would also be beaten right away. There were several inmates who, out of their good conscience, did not want to beat the innocent Mr. Yao but who did so because of the pressure. They only hit him less hard, still feeling very guilty in their hearts. Meanwhile, from Mr. Yao's righteous behavior, they also came to know that Falun Dafa is good. Mr. Yao was beaten very badly, but he was able to remain smiling the whole time. The organizers for that beating were political instructor Zhu Jinkui and assistant director Zheng Qi, among others.

In order to try to break Mr. Yao's will, one night the guards tortured him using ropes to bind him tightly in extremely painful positions. That night alone, they tied him up a total of seven times, and they also shocked him with high-voltage electric batons for a very long time. After that, Mr. Yao's throat became numb and he could no longer speak. While at Henan Province No. 3 Labor Camp, Mr. Yao was often tortured with ropes, electric shock batons, etc. Because of the brutal torture, his physical health quickly deteriorated. In the end, he could only lie in bed all day and could not take care of himself. His wife divorced him and left behind their young child. Mr. Yao died only days after his family came to take him home.

June 12, 2004