The Cruel Behavior of Policewoman Deng Liyan and Her Colleagues at the Eastern Detention Center, Hongshan District, Chifeng City
(Clearwisdom.net) Below are details of the persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners, carried out by policewoman Deng Liyan and her colleagues at the Eastern Detention Center, Hongshan District:
- In 2002, Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhao Yanxia went on a hunger strike to protest her illegal detention. To further their persecution against her, Deng Liyan led a group of criminals to viciously force-feed Ms. Zhao, which led to her instant death. In order to cover up their criminal act, practitioners Hao Ping, Geng Xiulan, Liu Fan and others who witnessed Ms. Zhao's death were illegally sentenced and transferred to other places.
- On February 11, 2003, Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhou Caixia, Ms. Zheng Lanfeng, Ms. Duan Xueqin, and Ms. Tian Sufang were illegally arrested by the Chifeng National Security Team and sent to the Chifeng Eastern Detention Center. They went on a hunger strike as protest, but were force-fed with broken corn bits. Their hands and feet were also shackled and they were stretched out spread-eagle on beds for a long period of time.
- On the night of February 27, a cellmate of Zheng Lanfeng reported that Ms. Zheng was dying and had a high fever. But no one showed concern about her condition. Instead, the cellmate was cursed for reporting it. Around 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning of February 28, the cellmate again reported that Ms. Zheng was dying. After a while, a guard opened the door and took a look at her. Then the police took off Ms. Zheng's handcuffs and foot shackles and blocked the entrance of every cell, so no one was allowed to get in or out of the cell rooms. After a few days, the police announced that Ms. Zheng died of illness. It was said by Ms. Zheng's cellmates that even when she was dying, she still had the force-feeding tube in her stomach, and that it could not be pulled it out because it was rotten.
- Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhou Caixia, was often cursed and beaten even though she was handcuffed to the bed and had a feeding tube in her stomach for a long time. As a result, her body was very weak from being tortured. She often coughed up blood and needed two people's help in order to walk. Even so, she was still illegally sentenced and transferred to the No. 4 Women's Prison in Inner Mongolia, where she passed away within four or five days after arriving there.
- At the Chifeng National Security Group, the police tortured and fractured Dafa practitioner Ms. Duan Xueqin's four limbs. After she was sent to the Eastern Detention Center, she was still handcuffed to the bed for a long time. She lost the ability to care for herself, and her blanket and pillow were often soaked with urine. The vicious police also instigated criminals to verbally abuse and beat her. Later on Ms. Duan was illegally sentenced, and transferred to another place.
- The police from Chifeng City handcuffed both of Ms. Tian Sufang's hands to the back of the "Iron Chair" (1) and took turns slapping her face until she lost consciousness. They sent her to a hospital where two groups of policemen from the detention center and the National Security Team took turns guarding her so as not to allow others know that they had beaten her up. While at the hospital, Ms. Tian, a 60-year-old practitioner, developed a cerebral hemorrhage. The immoral police even asked her family to pay for her hospital expenses, plus the lodging and food of the police who guarded her. During the period that she was illegally detained, policewoman Deng Liyan threw her luggage out into the hallway and the regular criminal inmates were told not to allow Ms. Tian to even have a blanket. Later she was illegally sentenced, and payment of her salary was terminated.
- Ms. Zhao Hongjuan, a student from Harbin Technology Institute, was suspended from her classes and forced to attend brainwashing sessions because she practiced Falun Dafa. She was reported by vicious people for clarifying the facts of Falun Dafa in Chifeng City. The cruel policewomen at the Eastern Detention Center often handcuffed her and shocked her with electric batons. In addition, they carried out brutal beatings, verbal abuse, and other tortures on her. Because Ms. Zhao held onto her belief in Dafa, she was illegally sentenced to eight years. She has not been allowed to contact her family for two years. Even to this day, her family does not know her whereabouts.
- A police officer from the National Security Team shocked Ms. Li Hui by wrapping her nipples with live electric wires. Later she was sent to the Eastern Detention Center in Chifeng City where she was forced to wear shackles with thorns. As a result of torture, she weighed only 55 lbs., down from her original weight of over 143 lbs. Later, she was sentenced and sent to another location for further detention.
Inner Mongolia Chifeng Detention Center: 86-476-8670866
Deng Liyan: 86-476-55886096 (home), 86-13848668887 (mobile)
(1) Iron Chair - The iron chair is made of iron pipes. Victims are restrained on the iron chairs with both arms and legs tied for a long period of time. ( Illustration: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/1/9/17577.html)