(Clearwisdom.net) In the past 4 years, Harbin Drug Addiction Rehab Center has closely followed Jiang's regime's orders, brutally persecuting Falun Gong practitioners.

Guards and drug addicts confined in the center have tortured practitioners under the orders of the head of the rehab center and Zhao Wei, Chief Officer of the center's First Section.

Newly detained practitioners were forced to submit to the guards' will. If practitioners refused to do so, they would force them to stay in a half-squatting position and cuff them to radiators, unable to sit or stand. After, they would confine these practitioners in a separate cell, tying up them in iron chairs with both hands tightly tied to the backs of the chairs, not allowing them to sleep or eat. They would even shock them with electric batons and strike them on their faces. The police have encouraged drug addicts and those who have gone astray in their cultivation practice to beat and curse those practitioners who have been determined to stick to their belief in Falun Dafa. They have also tried many methods to force practitioners to say slanderous words against Dafa.

On November 12, 2002, a chilly winter day, the rehab center intensified its brutal persecutions and torture of Falun Gong practitioners. They had forcibly taken all of those who had never yielded to their persecution, about 100 practitioners in all, to the basement. There, they tied both their hands and feet to iron rings and plugged their mouths with dirty cloths so the practitioners would have difficulty breathing. They then blindfolded their eyes with yellow tape and cut their hair messily so that their appearances were distorted beyond recognition. Then, they stripped off practitioners' outer clothing, leaving only underclothes, and opened all windows and doors. They poured cold water onto practitioners' heads and bodies and then shocked them with electric batons for about 8 or 9 hours. The police continued such barbarous acts with three shifts in turn. They kept punching and kicking them. Some practitioners' teeth were broken.

They continued these atrocities for 72 hours nonstop. During this period of time, three practitioners were tortured to death. One of them was Jiang Rongzhen. The other two practitioners' names are unknown. Dozens of the practitioners' legs and feet, even entire bodies, became numb and some even lost the ability to take care of themselves in their daily lives.

Whoever has said "Dafa is good" would be forced to sustain a squatting position for an extended period of time. Female practitioner Sun Chuirong has been forced to squat for 7 to 8 months. She has gone on a hunger strike against such brutal tortures. They finally sent Sun Chuirong home when her life was in danger.

The above facts are only a few examples of the persecution.

Address of the Harbin Drug Addiction Drop Center: 239 Xianfeng Road, Daiping District, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150056.

Telephone number of Zhao Wei, the Chief Officer of the First Section: 86-451-82424046.

May 3, 2004