Atrocities by the Mudanjiang City Police: Force-feeding with Black Mustard Oil, Electric Shocks, and the "Tiger Bench"
(Clearwisdom.net) In early 2002, the State Security Group of the Aimin Police Sub-department in Mudanjiang City, along with the city's "610 Office" (1) arrested over 10 Dafa practitioners. The arrested Dafa practitioners included Wang Yongqiang, Zhang Jiliang, Li Qingyu, Gao Ying, Wu Xiuhong, Wu Xiuhua, Cheng Fengying, Lu Yongfeng, Cao Yingchun, Liu Kun, Zhao Xin, and Guan Rian. The male practitioners arrested were sentenced and sent to Jianshanzi Prison, and the female practitioners were sentenced and sent to Heilongjiang Women's Prison. The persecutors ransacked the practitioners' homes, confiscating TVs, tape recorders, DVD players, cameras, and computers. They also confiscated cash (from 50 Yuan to 10,000 Yuan (2)) and jewelry.
Under the direction of Aimin Police Sub-department Chief Qiao Ping, police guards Chen Liang, Chen Xianrui, Yang, and Cui, put handcuffs and shackles on practitioners, and beat and tortured them using the following brutal means:
1. Force-feeding with black mustard oil: The persecutors forced black mustard oil into the practitioners' nostrils and spread the oil on practitioners' eyes. They then used plastic bags to completely cover the practitioners' heads, sealing the bags around the neck so that the practitioners could not breathe. They did not release the bags until the practitioners had nearly died from suffocation. This process was repeated many times. The torture is extremely brutal, causing severe damage to the internal organs.
2. Electric shock: The persecutors used electric batons to shock practitioners on the chest, hands, and face. The practitioners were shocked like this repeatedly, many times, with each round of torture lasting over 10 minutes.
3. The "Tiger Bench": (3) Practitioners were tortured so badly that they fainted from the pain. The persecutors then poured cold water on the practitioners to wake them up, and then continued torturing them. The cycle was repeated many times a day for many days. This brutal type of torture causes serious back injuries, broken bones, and injuries to the arms and legs.
(1) "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.
(2) Yuan: Chinese currency; the average monthly pay of an urban worker is 500 yuan.
(3) "Tiger Bench" is a small metal bench that a practitioner's knees are tightly tied to for long periods of time, and the practitioner is forced to remain motionless in this position. Usually some hard objects are inserted underneath the practitioner's lower legs or ankles to make it harder for them to tolerate this abuse. (For a detailed description of this and other forms of torture used in forced labor camps, see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html.