(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Xiao Yali, a 37-year-old Falun Dafa practitioner from Zhoujia Township, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province, died on March 6, 2004 as a result of being force-fed by police at the No. 2 Detention Center of Shuangcheng City.

Around 4 p.m. on February 28, 2004, Li Yaosheng from the local police station and Guo Fujun of the Zhoujia Township government led half a dozen policemen and stormed into Ms. Xiao Yali's home. They did not have a search warrant, yet they ransacked the entire house, taking away Falun Dafa books, Teacher's portrait and some Falun Dafa flyers. At 7 p.m., party secretary Gao Jinpeng from the township government, Bai (given name not known), Associate Chief of the local police station, with Hu Zongshen and Li Yaosheng of the local government, broke into Xiao Yali's home for the second time. They abducted her and took her to the local police station. The police subsequently sent her to the Shuangcheng City Detention Center for imprisonment. On March 6, at 6:40 p.m., Ms. Xiao's family received a phone call from the police station asking them to bring money to the Emergency Center to pay for the treatment of Yali's "illnesses" (Yali was a completely healthy person before the detention). Ten minutes later, the detention center called again, telling the family that they could bring the money either immediately or the following day (since they had already killed her). That night, twenty of Ms. Xiao's family members and relatives went to visit her, but they were not allowed to see her. It was only on March 7 that the family finally saw her dead body. Her forehead had a circular scar, part of her lower back was swollen, her hands were bruised and her mouth swollen. It was a sad and terrible sight.

The police demanded that the body be cremated immediately, but the relatives vehemently protested. These relatives then went to a legal office in Harbin City for assistance, only to be told that lawyers were not allowed to represent Falun Gong practitioners. On March 13, Xiao Yali's body was cremated. Later, a guard from the detention center revealed that the person responsible for force-feeding Ms. Xiao was a doctor named Wang Shiyuan from Shuangcheng City People's Hospital's No. 3 Outpatient Department.

Ms. Xiao Yali died after being in police custody for only ten days. She leaves behind her husband, her parents-in-law and two five-year-old twins. All of her family members are suffering unbearable grief, and many of her neighbors also wept for this kind woman and in empathy for her family.