Four Years of Persecution in Tianjin City

In 1999, the authorities of Ninghe County, Tianjin City established a branch of the "610 Office" (1). Ignoring any legal procedures, they ransack practitioners' homes, abductabduct practitioners at will, detain them arbitrarily, and put them under illegal surveillance. They have fined practitioners in total amounts of more than 200,000 yuan (2), and no one knows where that money has gone. Close to a hundred Falun Gong practitioners have been illegally sentenced to prison, forced labor camps and detention centers. As of this time, practitioners Ms. Ping Yurong, Ms. Dong Yuying, Ms. Wang Huijuan, Mr. Li Zhenjun, Ms. Li Maofen, Ms. Wang Shumin, Li Huiyi, Mr. Li Changjun, and Ms. Sun Shuqin are all still being held illegally.

The "610 Office" has organized brainwashing sessions in all of the townships, in an attempt to force Falun Gong practitioners to renounce the practice. On one occasion, they abducted over one hundred practitioners and held them for over 6 months for so-called "training," not allowing them to go home or go to work. More than ten practitioners were sentenced to prison and forced labor camps. One of these practitioners was sentenced to three years for writing a poem praising Falun Gong; eight were sentenced to a forced labor camp for doing the Falun Gong exercises. On cold winter days, they would drag practitioners outside in the cold wind and make them face the wall for extended periods of time, not allowing them to put on their jackets or to move. Policeman Wu Fengjiang has beaten up dozens of Falun Dafa practitioners. Once, he beat a practitioner for a whole night and on the following day, forced the practitioner to stand in the scorching sun during the day and be bitten by mosquitoes at night. He boasted, "I have been in the business of beating people up for 20 years. My beatings work on everybody. No exceptions!"

In the cold of winter, police officers from the county detention center strip practitioners and force them to stand under the roof overhung with icicles. They also shock them on their faces and hands with electric batons, and do not allow them to sleep for extended periods.

Police officer Wang Hongwu yelled at a female practitioner, "If you don't give up (Falun Gong), I will throw you in a cell with male inmates, then we'll see what happens!"

The head of Xiaoli Township, Han Qingnian, hit practitioner Wang's face with his leather boot until the rubber on its heel cracked. Another female practitioner was sent to a forced labor camp for one year for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. Her color TV set and other possessions were taken away and her car was auctioned off illegally by the local government officials. Her term was extended for another year because she refused to give up her belief in Falun Dafa. It was only after her family was forced to pay 10,000 yuan to the police that they released her.

In autumn, the officials in dozens of townships paraded practitioners who had been to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa through the streets, with placards hung on their necks in an attempt to humiliate them in public.

Two practitioners from Daxin Township, a husband and wife, were abducted and sent to a forced labor camp. Their three young children were left at home alone. Dozens of villains sent by the local authorities went to their house in broad daylight and took away their grain and dried peppers and anything else that was of value, including the gas tank. Fellow villagers pleaded on the children's behalf, "Please leave the rice for the children. They need to eat. You've already taken away their parents, the children are innocent. The villains said, "If you pity them, why don't you give them your rice?"

The authorities were going to dismantle a practitioner's house. The 90-year-old matriarch was crying and it was only after her husband knelt down in front of the authorities and the authorities extorted money from the family that they agreed to stop.

Those so-called "law enforcement officials" claimed, "Whatever Jiang Zemin says, goes. If he says coal is white, it is white." A ruling party secretary said, "Whoever I want to ruin, he will be ruined."

Ms. Sun Shuqin had lost her eyesight when she was 8 months old. She learned about Falun Dafa when she was around 60 years old. She regained her eyesight after she had practiced for about six months. In 1999, when Falun Dafa was being defamed, she went to Beijing to appeal. For this, she was sentenced to three years of forced labor. She is still being held because she refuses to give up her belief. She has been subjected to numerous tortures and was held in solitary confinement for over a month. Ms. Sun is still being held prisoner.

The police hit a female practitioner on the face with an electric baton, and did not allow her to sleep for more than 24 hours.

Practitioner Wang Shouke is 77 year old. The police abducted him from his home and ransacked his house. During their interrogation, the police put an iron wire around his neck to force him to disclose information. He almost suffocated from this torture. Mr. Wang has since been sentenced to prison.

The police ransacked the home of practitioners (husband and wife) Li Zhenjun and Wang Huijuan, taking away their child's CD player, some fabric, cash, two cell phones, two pagers, and their bankbook. Ms. Wang, a teacher, has been sentenced to one year in jail and her husband to four years. Their daughter has now lost her parents and the safety of home. When relatives went to Ms. Wang's school to ask for her suspended salary, they were told that the money was given to the police to be used as bonuses for the officials involved in their case.

Ms. Wang is currently being held at the Tianjin City Nankai District Lingzhuangzixi Juvenile Detention Center, Female Prison No. 3, District Group 10. Li Zhenjun is jailed in Gangbei, Tianjin.

Phone: 86-22-63251056

A Cruel Police Officer in Ninghe County, Tianjin City

Poisoned by the lies of Jiang's regime, police officer Yang Shujun from the South District, Lutai Township, stalked Falun Dafa practitioners in order to impress his superiors and get a promotion. In the spring of 2002, he suspected a teacher whose last name is Zhou, of being a Falun Gong practitioner, and tipped off the local public security bureau. Dozens of police vehicles were sent out to surround Zhou's home. Despite protests by Zhou's family members who demanded evidence, they still went ahead and ransacked the house. The participants in this act included the associate chief of the local public security bureau and the chief of the local police station. When Zhou's son took out his camera to take pictures of the activities, they removed the film from the camera. Due to the severe fright, Zhou passed out and had to be taken to the hospital.

Yang did not repent what he did. He is still committing crimes against his own conscience and his country's constitution. He will not be able to escape the reach of justice.

(1) "610 Office": a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches.

(2) yuan: Chinese currency, the monthly salary for an average Chinese urban worker is about 500 yuan.

March 19, 2004