(Clearwisdom.net) Around 9 p.m. on December 10, 2003, Chief Xia Lie from the Nanhu Police Sub Station, Chief Xiong Wenji, two policemen, and a driver from the Baiguo Police Sub Station, and Party Committee Secretary Li Guang from Caoxiedian Village, Macheng City abducted Falun Gong practitioners and confiscated their property using the excuse of "fulfilling their political duty."

At 10 p.m. on December 10, 2003, they arrived at the home of practitioners Ms. Liu Po and Mr. Xu Yugao to confiscate their property. Mr. Xu Yugao asked for an explanation, but two policemen ransacked their home without saying a word. They searched for a long period of time but found nothing. One of the policemen put Ms. Liu Po's videotape player, tape player (valued at 290 yuan) (1) and a Falun Gong practice audiotape into a bag and took them away. Xiong Wenji, the chief from Baiguo Police Sub Station, gave a signal to others to abduct Ms. Liu Po. It was 10 p.m. and 3-4 degrees below zero Celsius. Dafa practitioner Ms. Liu Po loudly asked the villagers to come and make a judgment of the situation. The policemen hurriedly handcuffed her and pushed her into the police vehicle, then took off. Li Guang, the Party Committee Secretary from the Caoxiedian Village, cooperated with the policemen to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. They interrogated and beat Ms. Liu Po in the backyard of the Baiguo Sub-Police Station that same night.

On April 18, 2001, a woman was burned to death in Baiguo Town, Macheng City, in a shocking case . Female Falun Gong practitioner Wang Huajun, thirty-six years old, was beaten almost to death by the local government officials and was dragged to the front gate of the City Administration. They poured gasoline on her body and set her on fire. She was burned to death; however, the police told the people who were watching the event that it was a "self-immolation." The policemen also tied two Falun Gong practitioners to motorcycles and went for a ride. The scene of those two practitioners being dragged on the ground was so brutal that people couldn't bear to watch.

Ms. Liu spoke the truth, saying that Ms. Wang Huajun had been cruelly tortured to the point of unconsciousness in Baiguo Police Sub Station, and then was taken to Jinqiao Square of Macheng City, where she was burned to death. Upon hearing this, the policemen got scared and slapped her face hard for a while, trying to make her stop talking. When the policemen saw it didn't work, they started to torture Ms. Liu. Later, they forced her to sit on the concrete floor and beat her again. They didn't even allow her to spit out the blood from her mouth. Meanwhile, her face and mouth swelled up badly. She had bruises all over on her face, and the shape of her face had changed seriously. While Ms. Liu was refusing to betray her fellow practitioners, a policeman took a thick book and repeatedly hit her on the head and face. The driver from the Police Sub Station also poured scalding water on her feet. The policemen saw they couldn't get the information they wanted from Ms. Liu, so they went to sleep. When Ms. Liu had to go to the bathroom, they pretended to not hear her at all. They also forbade her to fall asleep. Later on, a policeman started to interrogate her again. The policeman frequently kicked her legs very hard with his boots, and constantly and cruelly hit her on the head and face with a thick book. The torture continued until midnight. Ms. Liu asked permission to go to the bathroom a few times, but the policemen still didn't unlock her handcuffs until she asked repeatedly. They didn't allow Ms. Liu to go to sleep all night. The next day, they forced her to sit on the concrete floor all day.

On September 11, 2003, some banners exposing the persecution of Falun Gong were hung up on the road from Baiguo Town to Macheng City. The words on the banners were: "Jiang Zemin persecutes Falun Gong and has committed genocide, torture, and crimes against humanity and has been sued in The Hague's International Court of Justice" and "Jiang Zemin's persecution of Falun Gong violates China's Constitution and International Law." Police in Baiguo Police Sub Station were panic stricken and sent three policemen to practitioner Xu Yugao's home to try to abduct him, but by coincidence Mr. Xu wasn't home. A village leader said to the three policemen, "You have already taken his wife away; if you take him away too, what about their child? Who can take care of their child?" The three policemen couldn't give him an answer, so they had to give up.

On December 11 in the evening, the policemen from Baiguo Police Sub Station continuously interrogated Ms. Liu, clamoring: "If we beat you to death and then throw you into a ditch, nobody will know it." These thugs interrogated Ms. Liu for thirty-nine hours. During the interrogation, they didn't allow Ms. Liu to fall asleep, to eat, or to drink, and they tortured her any time they wanted. In the afternoon of the next day, the police transferred her to the Second Detention Center in Macheng City and detained her for fifteen days.

The names of some persons who are responsible for the persecution and their telephone numbers:

Chen Xunqiu, the Party Committee Deputy-Secretary of Hubei Province (the former Provincial Police Head): 86-27-87896968 (home), 86-13807163456 (cell)

During the worst period of time of persecution Falun Gong (After July 20th, 1999), Chen Xunqiu was the Police head of Hubei Province. Zhao Zhifei was the Deputy Police head.

Chen Shuping, the head of the"610 Office" (2) of Huanggang City, Hubei Province: 86-713-8873657 (home)

Luo Zisheng, the Head of the "610 Office" of Macheng City, in Hubei Province: 86-713-2914252 (home)

Zhou Jianying, the Deputy-Head of the "610 Office" of Macheng City, in Hubei Province: 86-713-291121 (home)

(1) Yuan: Chinese currency, the monthly salary for an average Chinese urban worker is about 500 yuan.

(2) "610 Office": an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.