(Clearwisdom.net) The Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth Brigades of Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp in Hebei Province senselessly beat Falun Gong practitioners. To list just some of the torture methods used, they tied up practitioners with ropes, hung them by handcuffs, shocked them with electric batons and force-fed them a concentrated salt solution.

In the camp, the Falun Gong practitioners are forced to work from dawn to dusk every day. The forced labor day extends up to 15 hours. Use of a restroom is strictly controlled. In April, the camp suddenly stopped forcing Falun Gong practitioners to work; however, several days later, the guards started to torture us. At first, they talked to us one by one to make us give up practicing Falun Gong. Each of us explained how our bodies became healthier from practicing Falun Gong. They had no compelling arguments that could convince us. Then, they began to torture people. They demanded all detainees to write a guarantee letter that they would not practice Falun Gong. They said this was a camp regulation. One time, Xu Wei practiced Falun Gong exercises. The guards used a nylon rope to tie him up, making it difficult for him to breathe.

Later, the guards stipulated that Falun Gong practitioners were not allowed to go to the cafeteria at mealtimes. In order to isolate us, each class only had one Falun Gong practitioner and all of the others were labor camp prisoners. Falun Gong practitioners were not allowed to meet and talk to each other. The camp demanded that we be watched 24 hours a day. This kind of invisible pressure is a form of coercion. Even under such pressure, none of the nine Falun Gong practitioners in the Fourth Brigade wrote the "Four Letters" [i.e. Letter of Guarantee, Letter of Repentance, Letter of Exposure and Discrimination, Letter of Determination]. Later, the camp started an implication policy: as long as we would not write the "Four Letters", none of the labor camp prisoners would be allowed to sleep. The guards clearly knew what kind of response prisoners would have. They would definitely curse the guards, but under pressure, they would turn against the Falun Gong practitioners and vent their hatred. However, many people knew Falun Gong practitioners' kind natures and willingness to help others without thought for themselves. The practitioners' behavior left a good impression on the prisoners' hearts, so they were hesitant and did not want to hurt them. The guards continued to put pressure on them and offered to decrease their prison terms as an incentive. They were very exhausted after a long day of hard labor. At night, they and the Falun Gong practitioners were not allowed to sleep until the practitioners wrote the "Four Letters" and renounced their belief. The guards told the labor camp prisoners, "do not beat them to death" when beating Falun Gong practitioners. The words sounded like a warning but were actually a suggestion.

Under such conditions, some prisoners really started to beat up the practitioners. The guards gave them approval and rewards: they may only "work" on Falun Gong practitioners during the daytime and do not need to go out to do forced labor. However, the guards continued to put pressure on those who did not put pressure on the practitioners. The pressure at that time was really cruel. Some prisoners decided not to regard us as human beings. They cursed us and brutally beat us at will.

The prisoners and the practitioners only had rest for two or three hours each day. Several days later, the guards gathered us together in a room and assigned personnel to watch us. We were forced to face the wall while standing still for long periods of time. We were not allowed to move, talk or close our eyes. After we were tortured for two days and two nights in this way, practitioners Liu Lihui and Zhang Jianbo went on a hunger strike to protest the inhumane torture and persecution. The guards did not repent but became more aggressive and shouted ferociously: "If any one of you dares to go on a hunger strike, we will just force feed you." At that time, the guards took away the two practitioners, hung them up and handcuffed them on the upper rail of an iron bunk bed, which made it hard for their toes to touch the floor. At the same time, they force fed the prisoners three or four times. The people in charge of the forced feeding were not medical personnel but guards and prisoners without any medical knowledge. They tied or handcuffed practitioners to the bed. Many people pressed the practitioners down and inserted rubber tubes as wide as chopsticks through their nostrils and into their stomachs. Even for medical personnel, it requires experience to know whether they are inserting into the esophagus or into the trachea. It is very dangerous to insert the tube into the trachea. They did not regard Falun Gong practitioners' safety at all. They just inserted the tubes, removed them and inserted them again in order to torture the practitioners. However, practitioners were tortured in order to make them throw up. Their esophagi were injured badly. When the tube was inserted into the trachea, they were choked and coughed ceaselessly. What was fed to them was highly concentrated saline solution. The other Falun Gong practitioners were also hung and handcuffed to the iron bars of the window inside the classroom with their toes barely touching the floor.

Liu Lihui and Zhang Jianbo were always hung and handcuffed to the iron bars during the four days of their hunger strike. They suffered a lot. Later, they did not have any physical strength left. Liu Lihui said he would stop the hunger strike. But the guards said the cafeteria did not prepare food for him and continued to force feed him. During that period, Lou Kuanfeng was pulled to the office, stripped of his shirt and tied with a rope. He was shocked with an electric baton until the baton was out of electricity. Mr. Lou's skin was burned in many places. There was the smell of flesh burning in the air. He was tortured to the point of only being able to breathe feebly. Since he was hung up by handcuffs for such a long time and could only touch the floor with his toes, his feet were swollen and he could not lift one of them.

Shijiazhuang City Dafa Practitioners Tao Hongsheng and Wang Hongbin were tortured to death by the Second Brigade of the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp. Currently, more than 20 Dafa practitioners have been detained there. According to reliable information, Wang Shengbiao, a Shijiazhuang City Dafa practitioner who was secretly arrested at the beginning of August 2003 was secretly sentenced to three years' forced labor in January 2004. He is being detained in the Second Brigade of the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp, which is located in the northwest corner of the intersection between the northern part of the belt highway and the Southern Gaoji Road in Shijiazhuang City. Currently, one of Wang's legs lost all feeling and he cannot walk. He is very weak. The guards do not allow his family to visit him. As soon as Wang Shengbiao arrived at the camp, he was not allowed to sleep for five days and five nights. If he closed his eyes, the vicious people would just beat him. When they saw he did not compromise, they forced him to squat for more than 20 hours (i.e. you are neither allowed to sit down nor stand up, which makes people really suffer). The chief of the guards saw that he would not sign the so-call "four letters", so he told the prisoners to brutally beat Wang Shengbiao again.

We sincerely call on all just people to pay attention to Wang Shengbiao's case. His life, as well as all of the detained Falun Gong practitioners' lives, are in danger. Please stand up to condemn such inhumane outrages and demand the unconditional release of Wang Shengbiao and all of the kind and innocent Falun Gong practitioners.

The related parties:

Country Code: 86, Area Code: 311
The Second Brigade of Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp
Telephone Exchange: 776345, 7777689
Chief of the Second Brigade: Zhao Zhiqian, ext. 628, 663
Deputy Chief: Chief Li
Instructor of the Second Brigade: Shi Jianzhong
Head of the Second Squadron: Bian Shuqiang, 13603113288 (cell)
Head of the Fourth Squadron: Zhang Fujian
Head of Administration Office: ext. 619
Head of Security Office: Zhao Qiuliang, ext. 618

Committee of Forced Labor Education of Hebei Province
Director: Li Jinke, 8607766
Deputy Director: Sun Hai, 8607778 (he is in charge of decreasing prison term, releasing in advance; sometimes, he did not agree to release practitioners even when the "610 Office" already agreed.)
Administration Office: 8607850. 8607851, 8607848, 8607840

Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp
Address 1: 22 Beijiao Street, Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province, 050051;
Telephone: 7752350, 7753569, 7776422, 7763488, 7776721, 7752749
Address 2: 10 Beicheng Road, Shijaizhuang City, Hebei Province, 050000;
Telephone: 7767140, 7797124, 7797145
Report Center of Forced Labor Camp:
Address: 20 Beijiao Street; Telephone: 7752225
Administration Office: Chief Zhao, Cao Jun, 7754000-ext. 207, 203