(Clearwisdom.net) Tian Qing, a steadfast and honest Dafa practitioner, is a farmer. He is always strict with himself according to the principles of Falun Dafa in his daily life, and his fellow villagers have seen the unselfishness of a Dafa practitioner through Mr. Tian's actions. After July 1999, Tian Qing went to appeal for Falun Gong and to clarify the truth many times, and wherever he was detained, he always clarified the truth; sometimes he even forgot that he was in a police station facing a group of policemen. When he was escorted to Yinmahe Labor Camp in Jiutai, Jilin province, Tian Qing still kept clarifying the truth, and the head of the labor camp administration section threatened him, "How dare you talk like this here!" Tian Qing said with a smile, "I'll talk like this wherever I go!" Hearing this, the head of the administration section told the police station head who had escorted Tian Qing to the labor camp, "Take him away, we don't want to keep him here."

A kind and unselfish person after practicing Falun Dafa

Tian Qing started to practice Falun Dafa in 1995. Before then he had several illnesses. After he began practicing, he always thought of others first in his daily life and did a lot of good deeds for his fellow villagers. Once, in order to provide convenience for the farmers to transport fertilizers, he kept a path through his own field, which caused him much loss of income every year. The local people were moved by Tian Qing's unselfish behavior, and they said that Falun Dafa practitioners were very kind and Falun Dafa was really good!

After July 20, 1999, in order to validate Dafa, he went to the provincial government once and went to Beijing three times to appeal for Falun Gong. During that period, countless people heard the facts about Falun Gong from him and came to realize that Falun Dafa had been wrongfully accused. A deputy director of the Judicial Department once told him, "From you, I saw that Dafa practitioners are kind people." After Tian Qing came back from his trip to Beijing, he was kidnapped while sharing experiences with fellow practitioners. He was sentenced to two years of forced labor and detained in Jilin Labor Camp.

Nobly clarifying the truth in the labor camp; released ahead of his term

While in the Jilin Labor Camp, Tian Qing was kind to everyone he met and told them about the tremendous changes he experienced after practicing Falun Dafa, as well as the magnificence of Falun Dafa. He treated them equally well, whether they were guards or criminals. He talked to an instructor in detail about the benefits he, his wife and his child gained from practicing Falun Dafa. The instructor had been sent to "convert" him. Later the instructor gave up and told him, "I cannot convert you at all. I also know that you are doing the right thing. You are all kind people. I have a family to look after and need this job; otherwise I would practice Falun Dafa with you."

On March 27, 2001, Jilin Labor Camp transferred 45 steadfast Dafa practitioners to other places for further persecution. Tian Qing was transferred to Liaoyuan Labor Camp. However, regardless of the circumstances, they kept validating Dafa and clarifying the truth. Tian Qing's righteous thoughts and deeds left the police of Liaoyuan in awe and greatly encouraged the local practitioners. Fellow practitioners in Liaoyuan found where they fell short and caught up quickly. Solemn declarations were handed to the labor camp authorities one after another. The whole labor camp was shocked and the police were at a complete loss of what to do. They began to force Dafa practitioners to do outside labor for the authorities' profit. Tian Qing resisted the evil with righteous thoughts every time. Moreover, he collected the cases of persecution they experienced while doing the outside labor. Tian Qing exposed the cases and handed them over to the head of the labor camp. The head of the labor camp sent for him to have a talk. Tian Qing told him, "It is perfectly legal to go to Beijing to appeal. It is against the Constitution to sentence me to two years of forced labor for doing so; I was treated unjustly. The means the labor camp uses in brainwashing is violating the law, and it infringes upon my basic human rights." He also talked about the physical and mental benefits his family enjoyed after they started to practice Falun Gong, as well as the suffering they experienced from the persecution. At 10:00 am on November 13, 2001, after suffering 670 days and nights of brutal persecution, with righteous faith in Dafa and Master, he walked out of the labor camp with dignity, two months ahead of his scheduled release.

After he returned home, he told the fellow villagers about the brutal persecution he suffered in the labor camps. He also went out to clarify the truth in many other ways. Whether it was face-to face talks, distributing flyers, or hanging banners, he always did his best.

Turning the police station into a place for clarifying the truth

On January 28, 2002, when he was on his way home, he was arrested by police from the local police station. After using many brutal means to torture him, the police handcuffed him onto a "tiger bench"(1) for the entire night. The next day he was sent to the Fengman district police department's legal section for further interrogation. Then he was sent downstairs to the section's reception room, where there were a lot of people. He thought that it was a good opportunity to clarify the truth since there were also good people among the police and they also needed to be saved. He started to talk about his cultivation and the persecution he suffered. Some of the people asked questions, some voiced different opinions, and some others tried to stop him. At that point, Tian Qing had forgotten that he was in a police station and that he was talking to a group of policemen. He fully utilized the wisdom that Dafa had given him and clarified the truth to the policemen. He kept on talking for over two hours. Some of the police began to understand the true situation, some went away silently, while some brought a cup of hot water to him and said, "It is the Spring Festival season. At your old age please take care of yourself."

After 3:00 pm, the local police escorted him to the detention center, intending to send him to a forced labor camp again. He asked, "Why do you want to illegally send me to a labor camp again?" The police answered, "The fact that you still keep practicing Falun Gong is enough to send you to a labor camp." Upon arriving at the detention center, his blood pressure was 240 mmHg and his pulse was 160 at his physical checkup. The labor camp refused to admit him. Earlier, he kept sending forth righteous thoughts all the way and thought: I will not allow you to persecute me. The police had to release him. On his way home, he thought that he didn't come in vain and that it was for the special experience of clarifying the truth in the police station to save those policemen.

On July 22, 2003, at around 1:00 pm, the township police station and the "610 Office" abducted him again from his home and sent him to Erdao Township Police Station, Fengman District, Jilin City. They wanted to send him to a labor camp again. That night the police handcuffed him to the pipe of the heating radiator. He used this opportunity to tell the facts to the police. He told them about the facts behind the "self-immolation" incident on Tiananmen Square, what happened to the local bandits that committed atrocities during the Cultural Revolution, and folktales of good being rewarded with good, and evil with evil. He pointed out to the police their fate for being used to do evil things, and he told them about Jiang being sued in many countries. Some understood what he said and some did not believe him. Tian Qing was not deterred by anyone's reaction. He just wanted the police to learn the truth and to stop doing evil things.

The labor camp administration section head: "Take him away, we don't want to keep him here."

The next day, the police station sentenced him to two years of forced labor and sent him to Yinmahe Labor Camp in Jiutai City. After he was escorted to the administration section of the labor camp, he continued clarifying the truth. The section head threatened him, "How dare you talking like this here!" Tian Qing said with a smile, "I'll talk like this wherever I go, no matter under what circumstances. I am not even thinking of getting out of here since I have come." Hearing this, the section head said to the police station head who had escorted Tian Qing there, "Take him away. We don't want to keep him here." The police station head became agitated, "If you don't keep him, where can we put him? You must have a reason to refuse him." The section head thought quickly and said, "Alright, give him a physical check-up." He called the clinic right away and said, "You figure out what to do, we cannot detain this man." When Tian Qing arrived at the clinic, the doctor said to him, "I'm going to give you a health check-up." However, even before they got ready to take his blood pressure, the doctor told him, "You have hypertension; your blood pressure is 220." The doctor sent him back to the administration section. The section head said to the police station head, "It is not that we don't want to detain him, his physical condition does not allow us to do so."

On the way back from the labor camp, Tian Qing kept on clarifying the truth to the police. The police station head said, "You can stop now, I am convinced." He even sent Tian Qing directly to his home, and said to him quietly, "Go home and practice. We will not bother you any more. Just be careful when you distribute your materials..."

(1) "Tiger Bench": A victim is tied on a narrow wooden or iron bench by the thighs and knees, with hands tied behind the back. Increasing number of boards or bricks inserted under his feet creates excruciating pain. The police often use this device to immobilize Falun Gong practitioners to force-feed them.