(Clearwisdom.net) Although Shanghai City Law Education School is called "law education," all the means and tactics used there are unconstitutional and shameful. In actuality, it is a place used specifically to brainwash Falun Gong practitioners. So far, hundreds of Shanghai Falun Gong practitioners have been arbitrarily sent to this place for brainwashing in a completely isolated fashion.

1. Shanghai City Law Education School is essentially a "completely isolated brainwashing center"

Shanghai City Law Education School was originally a sanatorium for police officers from the Shanghai Judicial Bureau. It is located at 7936 Waiqingsong Road, below the She Mountain in Qingpu District. The sanatorium underwent a change just prior to the 2001 Spring Festival, under orders from the Shanghai "610 Office," [1] the Judicial Bureau and the Political and Judiciary Committee. The sanatorium was converted into a place that is used specifically for detention and brainwashing of Falun Gong practitioners. Publicly, its name was changed to Shanghai City Law Education School. Presently, hundreds of Falun Gong practitioners who refuse to give up their faith have been sent to this place. The practitioners' ages range from seventeen-year-old students to retired seniors and they are put there for brainwashing in a completely isolated fashion.

Each brainwashing class in this Law Education School usually lasts two to three months. Those Falun Gong practitioners who do not give up their faith will be detained indefinitely or sent directly to labor camps. Almost every class had practitioners who were directly sent to labor camps. Usually, each class is made up of 30-50 practitioners. A "military-style" management is enforced in the center.

Holding each of the so-called "Law Education School classes" costs a large amount of money. The money came from two sources; some of it is directly from local and central government revenue, which is the people's tax money, and some comes from the employers of the practitioners. The employers are forced to pay the money.

2. The contact information of Shanghai Law Education School and a partial list of its staff members

Listed below are some of the persons who work in the facility to brainwash Falun Gong practitioners, the address, and other contact information. This information is provided and used to track down the prison's crimes and expose these crimes to the international community.

Shanghai City Law Education School address, 7936 Waiqingsong Road, Shanghai, zip code 201700

The school phone number, 86-21-69207773 ext.1310

Dong Naiqian, male, in his 60s, a Shanghai "610 Office" leading person stationed in the brainwashing center

Political Commissar, whose last name is Zhao, female, in her 60s

Chen Yingying, in 50s, a key staff member

Brainwashing assistants: Lu Ping (female, in her 30s), Yin Xinnian (female), Zhou Yun (female), Cui Shifeng (female), Xue Xinghuo (male), Wang Fanglue (male)

Dong Naiqian, a Shanghai "610 Office" leading person stationed in the brainwashing center, has repeatedly slandered Dafa. He even clamored, "I am just evil. I am living very well. You can do nothing to me." He wants to shake the righteous thoughts of those detained practitioners who have not understood the Fa very well.

Xue Xinghuo, Yin Xinnian, Wang Fanglue and others have deprived these Falun Gong practitioners of their freedom. They detain the Falun Gong practitioners in small rooms for a long time. They mentally torment the practitioners in a completely isolated fashion, which includes putting each practitioner in a single room and prohibiting the practitioner from having any contact with others. They force the practitioners to repeatedly watch the videos and materials that slander Dafa and its founder. They keep harassing the practitioners, exhausting them, both physically and mentally. They create a horrible environment and constantly threaten the practitioners with being sentenced to forced labor, savage tortures, misfortunes for their family members, their job, and other mental coercion. They have subjected these practitioners to huge psychological pressures.

3. Some persecution cases that have occurred in Shanghai Law Education School

The following is a partial list of Falun Gong practitioners who have been persecuted in the "school" and their brief personal information.

Mr. Lin Mingli was born in Shanghai in 1957. In 1987 he went to Japan to further his study. In 1995 he moved back to Shanghai. In December 22, 1999, Lin went to the Beijing Appeals Bureau to appeal, executing a right that the Chinese Constitution has endowed its citizens. Police arrested him at the Appeals Bureau and then sent him back to Shanghai for further detention. In January 2001 he was abducted and taken to the first session at the brainwashing center. Since he firmly refused to participate in the evil brainwashing and refused to be "reformed," his detention was extended by three more months. He was released on April 19. On April 23, when he was paying his phone bill in his residential subdivision, the secret police arrested him again and sent him to a forced labor camp.

His wife still did not know what crimes he had been charged with after his almost one year stay in the labor camp since the police had never shown her any legal documents. It was already March 2002 when his wife received a photocopy of the so-called "Forced Labor Notice." The crime he was charged with was "disrupting the social order." His sentence: two years in a forced labor camp. He was detained in the 4th Team of the 5th Division in Shanghai No. 3 Forced Labor Camp, where Lin staged a hunger strike to protest the kidnapping and the sentencing. He was force-fed. His esophagus was ruptured from the force-feeding and he could not eat anything. With the help and appeals from the international community, Lin was released on March 26, 2003.

Ms. Luo Dan, 17 years old, is a student of a Polytechnic school. Both her father, Luo Wei and her mother, Chi Bo were employees of a petroleum company. In March 2000, when her whole family went to Tiananmen Square to validate the Fa, they were arrested, sent back to Shanghai and detained in the Xuhui Detention Center for a month. Later Luo Wei (the father) was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor. When Luo Dan (the daughter) composed an article in her school, she wrote down that Falun Dafa was framed, which shocked the local educational system in Shanghai. At the end of January 2002, Chi Bo was arrested when she was distributing truth-clarification materials. Immediately after her arrest, persons from the Xujiahui Police Department also arrested Luo Wei and Luo Dan. Mr. Luo Wei and Ms. Chi Bo were later sent to forced labor camps, while seventeen-year-old Luo Dan was sent to the brainwashing center.

Ms. Li Ying, 33 years old, lived in Shanghai and graduated from the Department of Business Administration of Tongji University in Shanghai in 1992. She worked for the Shanghai Zhonglu Business Administration Consulting Co. Ltd. In January 2001 she was kidnapped and sent to the brainwashing center without due cause. The persons concerned asked her two questions, "Is Falun Dafa good or bad? Do you continue to practice?" She answered with two words, one being "Good," and another "Yes." They detained her for four months. In order to protest the illegal detainment, she went on a month-long hunger strike. She was violently force-fed and her life was in peril. Those people even brazenly told her, "We can abuse you. We can detain you. We are the government! What can you do?"

Later her company bailed her out. On October 16, 2001, during a business trip to Hangzhou City, she was again arrested and sent to Shanghai Qingsong Female Forced Labor Camp. They sentenced her to two years of forced labor. The reason for her sentence was "Other." She is the fiancé of Australian citizen Li Qizhong. During the global campaign of rescuing Falun Gong family members who are being persecuted for their Dafa practice, her circumstances caught the attention of Australian Foreign Minister Mr. Downer and many Australian parliament members. She was released. On the morning of November 29, 2003, she arrived in Australia and was reunited with her fiancé.

Mr. Huang Zhaoyi is a Ph.D. student, class of 1997, of the Department of Road and Transportation Engineering at Tongji University. In December 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal. Because he practiced the Dafa exercises in Tiananmen Square, the police brutally beat him in a police vehicle.

It was not until March 2000 that he was able to return to school. In October 2000, he signed an employment agreement with the University of Shanghai for Science and Technology, but the government branches concerned intervened and forced the employer to break the employment contract. In April 2001, he was detained for one month because Dafa truth-clarification posters appeared in the subdivision where he lives. In June 2001 he was abducted and taken to the brainwashing center.

Ms. Xia Haizhen is a handicapped person. In 2002, before the convening of the 16th Party's Congress, she was arrested and taken to Shanghai City Law Education School for brainwashing.

Ms. Zhao Lijun was ambushed and arrested by the local police while she was on her way to her workplace on the morning of the last day of the 2001 Chinese Lunar Year. She was sent to the brainwashing center and held there for several months. In October 1999, her fiancé Yang Yining, a Ph D. student majoring in computer science in Shanghai Jiao Tong University, went to the Zhongnanhai Compound [where the Chinese Central Government leaders' offices are located] to appeal and was arrested there. He was escorted back to Shanghai. Later he was sent to the Hefei Mental Hospital and held there for three months, where he was forced to take nerve-damaging drugs and endure other abuse, such as inhumane tortures. He has been under house arrest at his home in Anhui Province for a long time.

Mr. Ma Guobiao, 29 years old, started to practice Falun Dafa in June 1999. In May 2000, Ma went to Beijing to validate Dafa and he was detained for 15 days. Later in January 2001, he was sent to a brainwashing center in the Qingpu District and held there for two months. On December 5, 2002, police from the Changning District arrested him while he was working at his workplace and then detained him in the Changning District Detention Center. All Ma's family members are Dafa practitioners. His mother, Ms. Jin was sentenced to two years of forced labor for going to Beijing to validate Dafa in January 2001.

Ms. Huang Ruidi was arrested by the police on December 26, 2002. Her home was then ransacked. Since they could not get any information from her, the police released her just before the Chinese New Year. On February 11, 2003, she was kidnapped again and sent to the Shanghai Law Education School.

Ms. Lu Xiuli was kidnapped and sent to the brainwashing center many times for clarifying the truth. Her last arrest was at the end of November 2003 as she was clarifying the truth.

Ms. Chen Lin and Ms. Xia Haizhen were abducted and sent to the Qingpu brainwashing center by four to five policemen at 9 a.m. on September 24, 2002. When her family members questioned the police, the police said, "She will not be released if she is not reformed." They also said that all Dafa practitioners who were detained or interrogated during the first half of 2002 would be sent to the brainwashing center.

Mr. Xie Qiang, 31 years old, was arrested and sent to the brainwashing center in Qingpu prior to the APEC meeting which was held in the middle of October.

Mr. Zheng Kang was arrested in September 2002 when he clarified the truth about Falun Gong at his workplace. He was then sent to the brainwashing center.

Ms. Yuan Xiaolan, the deputy chairperson of the former Shanghai Dafa General Assistance Center, was sent to the second brainwashing session in 2001.

Ms. Shen Bilian was being watched around the clock and could not go out freely. She was sent to the brainwashing center in June 2001.

Mr. Sun Jie and Mr. Zhao Yang were previously detained in the No. 3 Forced Labor Camp in the Qingpu District. Because they were steadfast in their belief, they were directly sent to the brainwashing center after being released from the labor camp.

Mr. Wang Mingshan and Mr. Ma Laiyan were sent into the 4th brainwashing session. After they were released, they were directly sent into a forced labor camp.

Mr. Zhang Songsong was sent into the first brainwashing class. After he was released, he was directly sent to a forced labor camp.

Mr. Li Baifan, about 40 years old, was a lecturer in East China Normal University. Because he continued to practice Falun Dafa after July 1999, he was once sent to Jiangsu Province's Dafeng Farm [actually a labor camp]. Later he was transferred to Shanghai's Qingdong Farm. He was not allowed to see his family for two years. Because he refused to give in to his persecutors, he was tortured to death on April 14, 2001 in the brainwashing class.

The information mentioned above comes from various sources. Because of the severe information blockade in China, it was almost impossible for this report to be error-free or have no omissions. If you find that any part of the information is inaccurate, please correct it or add to it.

[1] The "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.