(Clearwisdom.net) On July 23, 1999, I walked to my local Falun Dafa practice site as usual, carrying my cassette player. Nothing happened the next day either, as I went to the practice site. However, on the 25th, after my morning practice, I was dragged into a car by a police patrol and taken to the city police station where I was detained. I refused to sign the official record of my interrogation. When I was asked about the reason, I explained that the Chinese media are political propaganda tools used to fabricate stories against Falun Gong. I told them that I did not want them to twist my words claiming that I renounced Falun Gong, which would damage Dafa and deceive people. The police did not say anything. The next day, the press interviewed the police about my case and, because I had maintained righteous thoughts, the police explained his understanding of Dafa to the media repeating my original words to the journalist. Later, the newspaper carried a report of a good length. The editor even improved some ambiguous words of mine, making the report more precise. The report was very positive at that time when dark clouds were gathering, and made a huge impact.

On the same day, the police detained me again for 10 days. On the third day, the manager of my work unit bought a lot of food with him to give to me when he came to see me. He left me with 500 yuan, 300 of which was taken by the authorities as a room and boarding fee. He moved my Falun Gong books to another place for safe keeping. On the morning of the tenth day, the manager drove to the prison to pick me up. On the way home, he told me, "Go home take a shower and change your clothes, act as if nothing ever happened. Just be careful next time!" After I had a shower, the police soon followed, trying to force the manager to fire me. My manager said, "If this is only because of his practice of Falun Gong, I am telling you, I will not fire him even if you sentence him to a prison term, let alone detain him for 10 days. Stay away from my business!" At this point, the police left.

Later, all CEO's of private businesses were obliged to express their stance on Falun Gong. My boss explained how greatly my job performance had improved after I started practicing Falun Gong, and reiterated his positive attitude towards Dafa, which made him well known in his circle of business partners. How extraordinary!

Explaining the True Situation in Jail

In the summer of 2000, I was detained and put in jail. I refused to tell my name, and went on a hunger strike. I practiced the five exercises every day until I was released. It was extremely hot that summer, and I felt dehydrated, but I was still explaining the true situation about Falun Gong to the inmates. The head of the cell was a convicted thief, who was still very young but had nevertheless stolen many times. After hearing my truthful and compassionate words, he said, "According to the law, I may be sentenced to 12 years in prison, but I would like for you to promise me to send me the book Zhuan Falun if you ever get out." I gladly agreed.

After fifteen days, on June 26th, I was put into another cell. This coincided with the "Drug Free World Day" and half of the prisoners there were either drug dealers or drug addicts. I wrote an article explaining the origin of drug-related crimes and how Dafa can make them better, elevate their morality, and change their lives. I glued the paper to the wall. The assistant director of the detention center and the director of the camp came in one after another to read it, but didn't say anything, but simply called out the head of the cell. When he came back in, he sat next to me and told me that my article was very good, but we were now in jail, and should therefore tear off the second part. I replied righteously that these were my true thoughts, that they were based on facts, and that the article should not be torn in two, but should remain as written.

The next day I was released and my cellmates were happy for me. Two days later, I returned to the detention center to visit with envelopes containing printed materials about Falun Gong and gave them to the assistant director and the cell manager. I explained the facts of Falun Gong and told them to please cherish the materials! They happily accepted everything.

The next day, I stepped onto a train heading to Beijing, on my way to Tiananmen Square.

February 17, 2004