To the United Nation Human Rights Organization and other Human Rights organizations around the world:

We are 136 Dafa practitioners from Shaanxi Province in China. Since July 20, 1999, the political gang led by Jiang Zemin has broken laws, trampled on human rights and ignored human conscience. In their exploitation they employed extremely vicious, cruel and inhuman acts to oppress, torture, persecute and devastate Falun Gong practitioners.

Since international human rights organizations had issued a notice to the Chinese government to "stop persecuting Falun Gong immediately," Some people who had been following Jiang's directives began to slowly release Dafa practitioners whose terms were completed. We firmly deny the legitimacy of such illegal sentences. However, the majority of detained Falun Gong practitioners are still imprisoned. In the meantime, from the upper levels to the lowest levels of the government a secret order was issued, to extend practitioners' terms, to arrest and detain practitioners, sentence practitioners to forced labor and prison terms.

Since June 2001, authorities in Shaanxi Province Female Labor Camp, an entity that bears the responsibility to execute the law, have instead violated the law! They have organized more than 20 persons into a group that persecutes Falun Gong practitioners. These people consist of male guards from the Internal Division, female guards and drug addicts whom the labor camp head personally directs. These people all carry and use police batons, have kicked and beaten practitioners, tortured practitioners who were in handcuffs, caused practitioners excruciating physical pain and caused tremendous mental torment and anguish. We personally experienced these tortures. We witnessed the guards perpetrating violence against us. We witnessed their attempts to use force to get us to renounce our belief in Falun Gong, extended handcuffing, being forced to stand for extended periods of time, being deprived of sleep and compelled to do heavy physical labor.

We expose these facts to the world's human rights organizations concerning the experiences of some Falun Gong practitioners who were and still are imprisoned in Shaanxi Female Labor Camp. We are suing Jiang and his political gang for their inhuman and barbaric crimes against peaceful and innocent people.


  1. The list of those being detained and persecuted in Shaanxi Female Labor Camp, the length of time they were subjected to persecution and their current known status.
  2. The facts of the crimes occurring at that camp that pertain to torture, gross physical abuse and mental torment, as ordered by officials in the Shaanxi Female Labor Camp, by order of Jiang Zemin and his political gang against Falun Gong practitioners.
  3. As we have suffered inhuman persecution by Jiang Zemin and his political gang, we, 136 Dafa practitioners from Shaanxi Province, China, decided to file a special lawsuit with the United Nations Human Rights Organization, to prosecute Jiang Zemin and his group of political scoundrels in a court of law for their savage crimes against Falun Gong practitioners. It is our request to put Jiang and his political gang on trial in front of an international tribunal!
  4. Appeal

Attachment: I. The criminal facts at that camp that pertain to torture, gross physical abuse and mental torment, ordered by officials in the Shaanxi Female Labor Camp, by order of Jiang Zemin and his political gang against Falun Gong practitioners.

1. Gao Li (30 years old, single), Falun Dafa practitioner from Yan'an City of Shaanxi Province. She was imprisoned in the Shaanxi Labor Camp for two years, during which period, in July of 2000, more than 40 practitioners imprisoned at the camp were subjected to brutal torture as a method to force them to renounce their belief in Falun Gong. Guard Liu Hong (female, in her 30s, at the time as No. 2 Division political head) had ordered about five or six incarcerated drug addicts, to subject Ms. Gao to the "airplane torture." First, they gagged her mouth with cotton quilt batting. Then, several drug addicts used their elbows to hit her hard, jabbing her in the back and ribs that left her suffering from lower back pain for a long time. Doctors later diagnosed her to have sustained a pelvic fracture. The back of her neck suffered severe injuries that had not recovered, even at the time of her release.

2. Yan Huiqin, Dafa practitioner from Huxian County of Shaanxi Province. In July 2000, during her detention she protested against the use of force to get her to renounce her belief by going on a hunger strike. Later, Yan Huiqin died as a result of the physical and mental torture from the guards and other inmates under the guards orders.

Shaanxi Female Labor Camp exhausted all vicious means, to exert pressure to cover up their crimes of torturing Yan Huiqin to death. They instructed their "helpers" (drug addicts in labor camp who follow their orders to commit crimes) to write a false testimony, released those drug addicts who tortured Yan Huiqin early, blocked information and lied to her relatives by saying, "Yan Huiqin died of heart disease." To date, the murders responsible for her death have not been held responsible for their crime and have gone unpunished.

3. On March 1, 2001, a group of staff from the Shaanxi Female Labor Camp, led by the head of the Bureau of Education through Forced Labor went to the notorious Masanjia Labor Camp in Liaoning Province to learn their torture techniques for forcing Falun Gong practitioners to renounce their belief. When they returned to Shaanxi Female Labor Camp, they brought propaganda videotapes, and they forced Dafa practitioners to watch them as part of a brainwashing regime. In the meantime, the authorities held meetings to devise a new strategy based on what they learned at Masanjia, to force all Falun Gong practitioners in detention to renounce their belief.

Ten Dafa practitioners, Wang Jie, Ru Hongxia, Chen Cuizhen, Huang Yuqin, Wang Yonglan, Zhou Yating, Guo Sufang, Liu Aiying, Gao Li and Zhai Xianru declared that the "three statements" they had previously been forced to sign, were invalid and these individuals firmly resisted further persecution at the hands of the authorities and would not cooperate in singing songs required at the labor camp. Policewomen Li Zhen (in her 40s), Pei Heng (in her 20s) ordered these ten Dafa practitioners to come to the "cosmetics class" where they were forcible strip searched. These ten Dafa practitioners strongly resisted. Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Jie stood up and said, "The Dafa scripture is with me but I will not give it to you." Guard Pei Heng pushed Ms. Wang Jie to the floor and started to beat her. The nine other practitioners shouted together, "Stop beating people! Beating people is against the law!"

These righteous words spoke by the practitioners subdued the evil nature in the guards and they stopped their beating. That day, on April 3, 2001, these ten practitioners were quickly transferred to the No. 3 Division from the Education Division. In the No. 3 Division they still persisted in practicing Falun Gong exercises at the workshop or in their cells. Later, 13 other Dafa practitioners who also refused to be brainwashed and renounce their belief, Liu Yuwen, Li Xiuzhen, He Qiuling, Zhang Danxia, Chai Xiufang, Wang Xiuzhen, Sun Yuncheng, Li Shulian, Chen Guilian, Cai Shuping, Ma Yunjing, Liu Guiqing and Li Cuifang were also transferred there from the Education Division.

The twenty-three of us Dafa practitioners openly studied the Falun Dafa teachings and practiced the Falun Dafa exercises at the No. 3 Division. The guards were unable to do anything. In the middle of May, 2001, the Beijing Justice Department sent people to the Shaanxi Female Labor Camp for inspection. We, twenty three Dafa practitioners were gathered together in an instruction room. The words written on the blackboard were, "What is a cult?" Dafa practitioner Huang Yuqin erased these words right away. Instead, she wrote, "Falun Dafa is good." The guard left as he realized the class could not continue. All of us Dafa practitioners recited Lun Yu [statement of comments in Zhuan Falun, the main book of Falun Dafa teachings] and Hong Yin [Collection of Teacher's poems] together.

On her way to the restroom, a fellow practitioner saw that the leaders of the labor camp were taking photos with those inspectors from Beijing, in the courtyard. So, we all rushed out of the instruction room and shouted through the window to the outside, "The Fa rectifies the cosmos. The evil is being completely eliminated!" We kept shouting and saw those who came from Beijing rushing into a car and driving out of the labor camp. Then dozens of guards quickly arrived to the No. 3 Division. The guards instructed other inmates to drag the Dafa practitioners into the instruction room. Together, we kept on reciting Master's scriptures together.

On June 2, 2001, we received the news of Dafa practitioners all over the world sending forth righteous thoughts together on June 3. At 5:00A.M., 6:00 A.M. and 7:00 A.M. we stood in line in the hallway and shouted together the Fa Rectification verses to completely clear the evil factors in other dimensions that are controlling people to commit bad deeds against Falun Dafa. Upon hearing this, the guards were too shocked to come out of their offices. Only the inmates who they directed to persecute us banged on bowls and basins, trying to interfere and to overwhelm our voices.

On June 7, 2001, the staff at the No. 3 Division intensified their persecution of Dafa practitioners. Dozens of male and female police guards arrived at the No. 3 Division. They locked the steel doors and carried ten Dafa practitioners to the No. 2 Division on the second floor. They separated us from one another and their "helpers" monitored us 24 hours a day. They also transferred 25 Dafa practitioners to the No. 2 Division in the south building to receive further persecution.

4. On June 7, 2001, spurred by Jiang's orders, the authorities in Shaanxi Province launched another campaign of forced brainwashing against all known Falun Gong practitioners. That day, 25 Falun Gong practitioners who were imprisoned in the No. 2 Division at the Shaanxi Female Labor Camp were gathered on the third floor of the Education Division's south building. (Note: the second and third floors of the south building are the exclusive, secret locations where the police have brutally tortured Dafa practitioners.) On June 21, as ordered by the upper management, the guards deceived our 28 Dafa practitioners. (three more fellow practitioners were imprisoned here.) They told us to run laps in the exercise yard while they ordered several drug addicts to search our pillows and clothes in our cells. This unlawful search was directly against our rights guaranteed in the Chinese constitution. The inmates confiscated all copies of Falun Dafa scriptures. All Dafa practitioners solemnly demanded "Return our Master's scriptures!" In the meantime, six or seven male guards prepared themselves in advance, as directed by Party secretary Yang XX (male, 50 years old), deputy labor camp head Zhang XX (female, in her 50s) and section head Wan XX (female, in her 50s). These guards began to beat us with police batons. They hit the batons on our heads, torso and arms, badly injuring us.

Fellow practitioner Wu Daqiong (27 years old) was beaten until she became unconscious. Policewoman Wan XX (female, in her 50s old) hit Ms. Mei Hongying's face, ears and head so violently that it caused this 61-year-old woman to lose her memory, while blood ran down from her forehead, face and nose. There was a big, bloody, swollen area on her forehead. Fellow practitioner Luo Changyun (age 46) was beaten black and blue all over her forehead, face and eyes. It was too horrifying to look at. Fellow practitioner Kan Guangying (age 38) lost her hearing as a result of the severe beating. Fellow practitioner Wang Xiuwen (age 54) was so badly beaten that her head and right arm were very swollen.

Later, the police handcuffed 12 female Dafa practitioners, one of whom also had her feet shackled. Then the vicious guards called six criminal offenders from the "cosmetic class," (actually drug addicts from the No. 3 Division) to kick and beat these practitioners while the practitioners remained shackled. Fellow practitioners Ding Xiaoyu (age 40), Han Guangying, Mei Hongying had black and blue bruises all over their bodies. Their chests and backs wore the marks of police leather boots. Dafa practitioner Zhang Jinlan (age 53) shouted, "Stop beating people!" An inmate rushed to hold her head, face and jaw to prevent her from speaking. Another inmate beat handcuffed fellow practitioner Liu Lihua (age 40), grabbing her hair.

5. In August 2001, Liu Junlan, female, No. 2 Division political head and others ruthlessly tortured and abused Dafa practitioners Wang Jie (age 28) and Li Cuifang (age 50). They handcuffed them from the front and back, and cuffed Wang Jie for one month. They cuffed Li Cuifang from the front and also behind her back for a month (nine days of back cuffing). They didn't allow practitioners to sleep, keeping them cuffed, even when they were eating or going to the restroom. They deprived practitioners of their basic rights for survival and living.

6. On September 18, 2001, Shaanxi Female Labor Camp attempted to force practitioners to give up their belief in Falun Dafa. They brought in a former practitioner Chen Tong (male, in his 50s) to help, from Shaanxi Zaozihe Labor Camp, who had renounced his belief but now acts as a collaborator and helps persecute practitioners. About one hundred practitioners who were jailed at the labor camp were forced to participate and listen to Chen slandering Falun Dafa. A practitioner from No. 3 Division, Li Shuliang, resisted at the gathering, and was beaten on the spot by guards and inmates (drug addicts). Several practitioners from No. 2 Division immediately stood up and protested the beating in support of their fellow practitioner.

The next day, the labor camp officials again tried to have Chen Tong speak in front of the practitioners from No. 2 Division, in an attempt to confuse them and to force them to give up practicing Falun Dafa. Over a dozen practitioners resisted; they righteously protested against it and they insisted on leaving the meeting room. Thus, the plot to forcefully brainwash the practitioners failed. The policemen were utterly exasperated; they violently dragged practitioners Ma Yunjin (age 62), Zhao Jiabi (age 63), Liu Aiying (age 46), Zhang Danxia (age 46), Liang Lingyun (age 30) and others to the second floor and handcuffed them to the metal bars on the doors and windows. Ms. Zhao Jiabi (age 63) was cuffed for 10 days straight. Ms. Ma Yunjin (age 62) was cuffed with her hands behind her back for 7 days. Ms. Liu, Ms. Zhang, and Ms. Liang Lingyun were cuffed for 2, 10, and 34 days respectively. Ms. Liang was also put into solitary confinement and was under surveillance for a long time. After all the practitioners in No. 2 Division joined collectively to protest and three practitioners went on a hunger strike, the police, after 34 days, finally removed the handcuffs from Ms. Liang .

7. On December 3, 2001, controlled by Jiang's regime, the labor camp again attempted to slander Falun Dafa. Together with other inmates, practitioners detained in the Education Team, No. 2 Division, No. 3 Division, and the Health Team were sent to the second floor auditorium. In the meeting, several thugs from Beijing were trying to "guide" practitioners to give up their beliefs. Every police officer in the auditorium was armed with a baton and shackles. Every practitioner had two inmates to guard them, one on each side. When one of the thugs from Beijing started to slander Dafa, practitioner Ms. Zhao Jiabi, a 63 year-old retired officer from the police system, stood up bravely and shouted out the truth about Falun Dafa. Everyone in the auditorium was stunned by her action. The police panicked and screamed, "Get her out! Get her out!" Several inmates swarmed over Ms. Zhao and started dragging and beating her. At this time, another practitioner, Ms. Kan Guangying (age 38), who was sitting not far from Ms. Zhao, stood up and yelled, "Don't touch her! You are not allowed to beat people!" So the police and inmates who were watching Ms. Kan dragged her out of the auditorium and locked her in an office on the second floor.

Over a dozen policewomen surrounded Ms. Kan in the office; they beat and kicked her viciously. They were Liu Junlan (age 40s), Cui XX (age 40s), Yu Yan (age 30s), Feng XX (age 30s), Li XX (age 30s), Gao Jin (age 20s), Liu Sijia (age 20s), Ren Haixiang (age 20s), Guo Xiaoni (age 20s), Wang Li (age 20s), Li XX (age 20s), Chen XX (age 20s), and Yuan Yuan (age 20s). After this inhuman and horrific beating, Ms. Kan was covered with cuts and bruises, and she remained unconscious for a whole day. On the other hand, the old lady, Ms. Zhao was cuffed to a steel gate in the hall. Instigated by the police, several inmates hit and kicked Ms. Zhao day and night. After 25 days of torment, Ms. Zhao was brought back to her cell. Her eyes were severely swollen from the beatings, and her legs were covered with bruises. When the 63 year-old-woman reported the beatings to jail policewoman Gao Jin (age 20s), this policewoman replied against her conscience, "Who saw you being beaten?! Who saw it?!"

8. One day at the end of autumn in 2001, practitioner Ms. Zhai Xianru (age 59) crouched down to work in a machine room on the second floor. Policewoman Yu Yan (head of No. 2 Division, in her 30s) walked in front of Ms. Zhai and asked, "Who are you working for?" Ms. Zhai did not answer her, so Yu Yan picked a large cardboard from the floor and slammed Ms. Zhai in the face with it. Ms. Zhai stood up and shouted, "The Fa rectifies the Cosmos!" So three or four jail guards twisted Ms. Zhai's arms and pressed her head down. They dragged and pushed Ms. Zhai to the medical clinic on the second floor. (Note: this medical clinic is used to torture practitioners rather than practice medicine or help heal people.) Ms. Zhai was put into isolation and was subjected to over a month of psychological torture. After the prolonged psychological torture, Ms. Zhai Xianru suffered a mental breakdown and was then sent to a mental hospital to be persecuted even further.

9. In September 2001, practitioners Ms. Zhang Yunxian (age 55), Ms. Ma Yunhua (age 58), and Ms. He Guilan (age 50) were imprisoned at Shaanxi Female Labor Camp for the second time. They were put into isolation in the medical clinic on the second floor, where they were constantly cuffed for over a month and were subjected to both physical and mental tortures. When the three of them protested by going on a hunger strike, the police put each of them into solitary confinement in the Education Team's north building (first floor), No. 2 Division (second floor), and No. 3 Division (third floor). For over seven months, they were tortured both physically and psychologically.

The police often instigated the thugs among inmates to beat up the elderly ladies. They even cuffed them to the metal bars on windows while beating them. The three elderly ladies protested many times through hunger strikes. But, the labor camp still denied them their basic human rights and even their right to live. On April 2, 2001, the labor camp held a meeting. The police put on their riot gear and were fully armed with guns, batons, and shackles. Six policemen violently dragged the three ladies into the auditorium by their hair and arms. The practitioners, however, were solid as a rock. They showed no fear in the face of brutal suppression. They shouted, "The Fa rectifies the Cosmos, the Evil is completely eliminated!" The police immediately pinned the practitioners to the floor and stuffed their mouths so that they could not make a sound. They were on the floor until the sentencing was over; all three of them were sentenced to three years in prison. All the practitioners who were forced to be present in the meeting were sending forth righteous thoughts together. Some stood up and shouted, but they were immediately suppressed. (After this incident, Ms. Bu Jianghong was put into solitary confinement for a long time.)

10. On November 25, 2001, practitioner Ms. Li Cuifang (age 50) from No. 2 Division was practicing the sitting meditation at night. Inmate Li Meili (age 20s) from the same cell saw her and dragged her off the bed. Ms. Li Cuifang paid no attention to her and continued to meditate on the floor. Li Meili conspired with a few other thugs from the same cell to pour a bucket of cold water over Ms. Li Cuifang's head. Ms. Li was still un-moved. Li Meili was exasperated; she called the guard and started to beat Ms. Li (that was already after 6 o'clock in the morning.) In the morning of November 26, the police persecuted Ms. Li Cuifang by having her stand outside the door of a machine room for an extended period of time and not allowing her to sit or rest.

Another practitioner, Ms. Liu Yuwen (a retired medical doctor, age 62), was working in the machine room. She saw Ms. Li being forced to stand in the bitter cold with wet clothes on, so she sat down and started to send forth righteous-thoughts. Policewoman Yu Yan noticed it and stood in front of Ms. Liu Yuwen. Yu told Ms. Liu to stand up, but she refused. Yu then shouted, " I order you to get up." She then grabbed Ms. Liu by her shoulder and called Cai Wenying and a few other inmates to beat up Ms. Liu. Yu slapped Ms. Liu in the face. Another practitioner, Ms. Ma Yunjin (age 62), saw the incident and shouted, "You are not allowed to beat people, no beatings!" Several practitioners heard the shout and wanted to help Ms. Liu who was being beaten, but the police stopped them at the door. They saw that Ms. Liu was being taken by the arms and dragged out of the machine room to a steel gate. She was cuffed to the gate in the hallway for six days and nights .

11. On January 22, 2002, Jiang's regime again fabricated lies on television to frame Falun Gong. The police at the Shaanxi Female Labor Camp tried to force the practitioners to watch the propaganda from CCTV (Chinese Central TV), the practitioners from No. 2 Divsion resisted, and refused to follow their orders. The police and their accomplices responded with violence. That evening, the police again tried to force the practitioners to watch TV reports that slandered Falun Dafa. All the practitioners collectively refused. When the same thing happened the next day, the labor camp head instructed both male and female police officers to torture practitioners.

Practitioner Ms. Liu Guiqing (age 33) was cuffed to a bed frame in cell #7 of the second floor for 7 days and 7 nights. Practitioner Ms. Wang Xiuwen (age 55) was cuffed to a steel gate in the second floor hallway for 2 days and 2 nights; she was then cuffed to a utility pipe in an office for 4 days and 5 nights. Practitioner Ms. Li Cuifang (age 50) was cuffed to a steel gate in the north wing on the second floor for 8 days and 8 nights. Practitioner Ms. Zhang Danxia (age 46) was first cuffed to an iron window frame and then cuffed to the stair handrail on the second floor of the east wing for 6 days and 7 nights. Practitioner Ms. Zhang Ronghua (age 38) was cuffed in an office for 7 days and 7 nights. Practitioner Ms. Kan Guangying (age 38) was cuffed to a bed frame for 2 days and 2 nights. These practitioners' basic human rights were violated. These are the facts of the persecution against Falun Dafa practitioners detained in the Shaanxi Female Labor Camp.

12. In April 2002, the persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners in Shaanxi Female Labor Camp peaked. Under the policies from Jiang's regime, such as "no law regulates the treatment of Falun Gong practitioners", the provincial "610 office", Shaanxi Reeducation Through Labor Committee, Shaanxi Bureau of Prisons, and Shaanxi Female Labor Camp formed an evil alliance. The persecution of jailed Falun Dafa practitioners was rampant for over a year, during which practitioners were subjected to the most inhuman mental and physical tortures. Here are some of the accounts of that persecution:

(1) On April 3, 2002, a meeting was called to suppress Falun Gong in the Labor Camp. Jiang's regime issued instructions such as "death of Falun Gong practitioners from beating is nothing and shall be counted as suicide" to intensify the persecution of Falun Gong. Instigated by the provincial "610 Office," the prison officials rounded up all the practitioners from No. 1, 2, and 3 Divisions in an effort to force them to renounce their belief in Falun Dafa. About one hundred practitioners were locked up in No. 1, 2, 3, and 4 dormitories of the Education Team (in the first floor of the north wing). They were not allowed to use the toilet. Anyone who refused to answer roll call, to count off, to submit a report, or to watch and listen to propaganda defaming Falun Dafa was not allowed to sleep. Punishment also include standing facing a wall day and night while being scolded, beaten, and kicked by other inmates. Some practitioners became dizzy and started vomiting. Practitioner Luo Changyun (age 47) had purple bruises on her legs and thighs from being kicked; also, one side of her face was beaten to red and blue.

(2) Eight practitioners including Wei Xinrong, Xu Mingxia, Liu Guiqing, Sun Yuncheng, Li Shulian, Li Xiaorong, Yu Qinzhen and Hu Chunqin refused to be "transformed." The police and guards at the labor camp then handcuffed them to iron racks and steel door in the backyard, and the steel windows and railings of the offices for several days and nights.

The police instigated inmates to pour urine over ten practitioners' rice bowls. Eight of the practitioners went on hunger strike to protest such inhuman treatment. Several policemen and inmates, instigated by Shaanxi Province "610 Office," Shaanxi Reeducation Through Labor Committee, and the labor camp, cuffed the eight practitioners' hands, and rode on their bodies, treating them like animals. They stuffed the practitioners' mouth with dirty cloths used to wipe feet and then beat them. Later they force-fed the eight practitioners. Afterwards, they hung them up, not allowing them to use the restroom. Wei Xinrong (age 35) was hung up for 8 days and nights, Xu Mingxia (age 49) for 9 days.

(3) The authorities of the labor camp broke numerous laws while claiming they were enforcing the law. Police captain Zhao Xiaoyang (age 40), said with hypocrisy, "At each meeting we'd like to know about Dafa practitioners' opinion. So everybody can write out your thoughts. You can also talk to me." However, when practitioners truly wrote out their righteous understanding of Dafa and expressed their determination to continue practicing, Zhao revealed his true nature. He raised the police club (except for the first meeting, he always carried a police club with him) saying, "Carrying people out from the labor camp is the same as carrying people out from the hospital!" (Meaning deaths at the labor camp are not different from deaths at the hospital, both are treated as deaths from natural causes).

At about 1:00 A.M. one day in mid-April, the police hung up 8-9 practitioners, who had already been forced to stand against the wall for several days straight, to steel window frames with their feet off the ground. Wang Xiuwen (age 50) was hung up like this for three days and nights.

On the morning of May 4, Zhao Xiaoyang carried his police club and ordered a group of police to force practitioners to read propaganda material slandering Dafa. When Li Cuifang (age 50) refused to read, Zhao hit her over the head with the police club. About 50 practitioners who were present shouted together, "You can't beat people! You can't beat people!" Then Zhao ordered policeman Ren to drag Li Cuifang to another room where he hung her up and beat her with a police club. As a result, Li Cuifang lost control for her feces and urine. Her underwear was covered with bloodstains. She became unconscious. Afterwards, she was cuffed to a bed for nearly one month. Another practitioner Li Shulian (age 45), who was present that day, stood up to stop Zhao's crimes. As a result, she was hung up to the gate of the conference room for 2 days and nights. Later she was isolated in a room.

(4) Practitioner Du Shuming (age 62) used to suffer from a blood disease. After she took up the practice of Falun Gong, she miraculously recovered. She suffered tremendously during the new round of persecution of practitioners between April and July of 2002 at the labor camp. In order to force her to transform, the guards there forced her to wear a straightjacket that is normally used on mentally ill patients to keep them from harming themselves but instead is being used to torture Falun Dafa practitioners. The perpetrators force determined Dafa practitioners to wear the straightjacket, and then pull their arms across their bodies and tie them tightly behind their backs for 8 days. During the period, she was not allowed to sleep and was forced to stand against a wall.

(5) In mid 2002 from April to July, practitioner Zhang Xiuying (age 65) was handcuffed and jailed in a small room for 6 days, and she was forced to wear a straightjacket as a form of torture for another 3 days. Between mid-July and mid-August of 2002, she was forced to wear a straightjacket for 22 days. Some other practitioners were also tortured by being forced to wear straightjackets for various lengths of time and they included Gao Yimin (age 60), Liu Gaixian (age 50), Du Shuming (age 62), Wang Xiuwen (age 56), Yu Qinzhen (age 43). Three policewomen in their 20s, Li Cailian, Huang Pu and Feng, were very vicious towards practitioners.

(6) Practitioner Chen Guilian (age 61) was a retired school teacher. Her hands were cuffed behind her back and to the bed for three days. Policewoman Feng hit her buttocks and thighs many times, causing large areas of bruises.

(7) On May 19, 2002, the police transferred Ru Hongxia (age 50), whose illegal sentence was about to expire, to the south building. Four guards watched her closely everyday, bombarding her with constant torture and propaganda trying to force her to give up her belief. She was not allowed to sleep, was forced to stand for long periods of time, and was forced to squat. Policeman Wei, who was transferred here from Zaozihe Male Labor Camp, and whose current whereabouts are unknown, hit Ru's head with his hands savagely. He also slapped her hard on the face. Three policewomen in their 20s, Bai Xiao, Wang Hong and Zhang Xueni, often beat Ru at will. They also cursed at Dafa. Ru was tortured like this several times. However, Ru was unyielding in the face of intimidation. She remained firm.

The police were outraged but they had no way. Zhang Xueni said, "Ru Hongxia, you really give us a hard time. Let your family bring 7,000 yuan to us!" It is known police can get 7,000 yuan if they can successfully brainwash a practitioner. While Zhang said this, she kept slapping Ru's face. Ru was tortured nonstop for 8 days.

On September 10, 2002, 9 days before Ru Hongxia's term expired, she was transferred to another team where three policewomen watched over her and tortured her. Due to the torture, Ru's legs and feet were very swollen and she could not put her feet into shoes. The labor camp asked her to either take medicine or write statements denouncing Dafa. Ru firmly rejected, saying, "I will never write such statements. My edema is all caused by your torture. I've been taken here by you. You may do whatever you want to my body, but my firm belief in Dafa can never be changed!"

The police said, "Well, since you let us handle your body, why don't you take medicine?" Ru picked up a pen and wrote, "I will follow Teacher forever even if I have to cast off this human skin!" She gave the written note to the police, and said, "I'll not be afraid even if you feed me poison!" She then took the medicine. Soon she showed symptoms of sickness. She had frequent urinations, diarrhea, and a high fever. Seeing she was near death, on September 17, 2002, two days before her term expired, the labor camp put her on oxygen and drove her to her work unit. Her work unit immediately sent her to the hospital for emergency treatment. At that time, she only weighed 74 pounds, and was just skin and bones. The examination showed that her haemoglobin was only 2 grams. The doctors planned to give her blood transfusions, but she refused. Seeing her in such bad shape, her family members started to arrange her funeral. During this period, she kept on sending forth righteous thoughts and doing the Falun Gong exercises. She miraculously recovered. Eight days later, her fever was gone and she was discharged from the hospital. In just one month, she gained about 35 pounds and her face was glowing with a healthy complexion.

(8) Zhao Jiabi (age 63) was a retired police officer. Her hands were cuffed behind her back and to the bed for two days.

Attachment: III. We, the 136 Dafa practitioners from Shaanxi Province who have been persecuted by Jiang's regime, hereby appeal to international human rights organizations, to bring a lawsuit against Jiang and his political group for their persecution of Falun Gong practitioners! We request Jiang and his group be brought to the international court and the court of history! We are seeking justice for Falun Dafa, for our great Teacher and for our Falun Dafa cultivators!

Attachment: IV. We call upon all kindhearted people of conscience and a sense of justice - in China and all over the world - to extend their help to Dafa practitioners.