Arrest, Cancer, and Sudden Death: Those Persecuting Falun Gong Meet With Karmic Retribution
(Clearwisdom.net) Editors' Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they, too, be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.
- Yi Mingtang, the previous Vice Secretary of the Communist Party of Jiyuan City of Henan Province, was one of the main officials responsible for the persecution of Falun Gong in Jiyuan City. He has been diagnosed with throat cancer.
- Since the ban on Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Du Shunli, a policeman from Tangshan City of Hebei Province, went along with Jiang's regime to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. During his term working at the East Bridge Police Station of Tangjia Village, he confiscated a lot of Falun Dafa books. Later he was appointed as the Director of Beifan Police Station. During this term he continued persecuting the practitioners who distributed truth clarification flyers. When he was appointed as the Director of the West Bridge Police Station of Tangjia Village, he became even more fervent about persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. He sent the practitioners who distributed truth-clarifying materials to a forced labor camp. Right now Du is under house arrest and being investigated.
- Nie (surname), the previous Director of the Xinglong Detention Center of Mudanjiang City of Heilongjiang Province, defamed and slandered Falun Dafa. He succumbed to a sudden death in 2003.
- Li Wei, the previous Director of the Yangming Police Station of Mudanjiang City, followed the Jiang regime's orders to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. He was arrested due to his involvement in illegal activities.
- Wang Kewu was very hostile to Falun Dafa and persecuted Falun Gong practitioners during the two-year period of his term as the Director of the "610 Office" (1) of Huanggang City of Hubei Province. In early March of this year his liver was ailing and he was diagnosed with late stage liver cancer. After an operation, he went into a coma.
Wang Kewu's case is a warning for all those involved in persecuting Falun Dafa and Falun Gong practitioners. Wang used to be the Director of the Bureau of Industry and Commerce of Huanggang City. After he took the position as the Director of "610 office," he did his utmost to carry out the persecution policy against Falun Gong practitioners during the two year term. He organized the propaganda campaign to poison the Chinese people's minds with lies. He was responsible for monitoring, arresting, detaining, brainwashing, and heavily sentencing Falun Gong practitioners and confiscating their property. He sent Falun Gong practitioners to forced labor camps. He was directly involved in the torture of practitioners, leading to their physical disablement and even death.
(1) "610 Office": a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches.