Ms. Fang Yuqin, 78, was a Dafa practitioner from Daxing Village, Changtu County, Tieling City, Liaoning Province. She and her husband have three sons and four daughters. All the children were very filial to the elderly couple. The second son, and the third and fourth daughters all practice Falun Gong. One day in November 1998, Ms. Fang began practicing Falun Dafa with the help of her children. She learned how to do the five sets of Falun Gong exercises, and she also studied the Dafa books together with her children. Since she was illiterate, she listened to the audiotapes and watched the videotapes of Teacher's lectures. She was very diligent and determined.

On the night of July 20, 1999, the day when Jiang's regime started the persecution of Falun Gong, Ms. Fang followed her daughters to Tieling City Government to appeal. They managed to evade the police's questioning and interception along the way. Ms. Fang wasn't afraid at all. At 11:00 p.m. on the night of July 22, Ms. Fang, together with several other fellow practitioners, went to Beijing to appeal. In order to avoid being captured by police, they decided to walk a side path. After walking for 15 miles, they took a taxi to Kaiyuan City Rail Station. However, just when they were buying tickets to Beijing, they were arrested by local police, who jailed them in the Kaiyuan City Police Department for one night, and sent them back to the Changtu Police Department the next day. Then Tong Guojun from the Daxing Village Police Station took them back to Daxing Village. The police station chief Feng Bailin said in a rage, "Every one turn in 50 yuan for the transportation and be detained for 24 hours." Ms. Fang said, "No, I won't stay here. I'll go home. Tell them I'll go home." Thus the elderly lady did not cooperate with the evil and she simply went home.

After this incident, Daxing Village heads Zhao Ming and Dong Shuqin, as well as village education assistant Zou Guojun, family planning assistance Wang Feng Ren, and staff members Li Shuqin and Wang Fengjiu, often came to Ms. Fang's home to harass her. On April 24, 2000, policemen Zhang Zhongren and Tong Guojun broke into her house, and took away the only cassette player they had. Then the police station chief Xu Guolin hired village legal assistant Chen Yanru to monitor Ms. Fang and her family. Every day Chen Yanru lingered around Ms. Fang's home. At night, Chen even climbed over the window to look inside the home to see what they were doing. After noticing nothing in particular, she ran to the rear of the house and climbed over the window and peaked inside. One night on August 19, 2001, she again climbed over the window, and even lifted off the curtain to look inside. She was found by Ms. Fang's daughter, who shouted, "Who's there?" This scared Chen away.

Because of the continuous monitoring, Ms. Fang and her children were under great pressure. In order to avoid such persecution, they left home and started to wander around. Xu Guolin went to Ms. Fang's relatives' homes many times to look for her. He even drove to out-of-town villages and arrested Ms. Fang's first daughter and youngest son.

On the night of February 3, 2002, Ms. Fang's third daughter, grandson and granddaughter were planning on hanging some truth-clarification banners, when they were arrested by the police. The grandson was able to escape, however, the third daughter and granddaughter were sent to Masanjia Labor Camp. Ms. Fang was very worried about her children and grandchildren. The arrest was a heavy blow to her, and her health started to deteriorate. Nine months into her destitute life, she passed away on May 29, 2002.