Policemen Shout Loudly: The Electric Batons Are Leaking Electricity!

At the end of 2001, policemen in the No.5 Brigade of the Baimiao Forced-Labor Camp in Zhengzhou City, Henan province, forced Falun Dafa practitioners to watch propaganda videos defaming Falun Dafa. A male Falun Dafa practitioner together with another steadfast Dafa practitioner refused to watch them. A policeman named Yu Baohong and another policeman who went by the surname of Wang brought him to the office, tied him to a chair and took out two high-voltage electric batons to shock him. Yet this Dafa practitioner wasn't in a state of panic, nor was he afraid. He simply started reciting Fa-rectification formulas. The policemen then started shocking his lips with the electric batons, yet this practitioner still wasn't moved and continued sending forth righteous thoughts. Suddenly, the two policemen stopped shocking him and shouted: "The batons are leaking electricity! How come they're leaking electricity?" After having the shock applied to themselves instead of the practitioner, the policemen stopped the torture.

"Secretary Zhang's Wry Mouth Still Hasn't Returned to Normal and now His Legs no Longer Function Properly"

One night in April 2000, I went with a few Falun Gong practitioners to another practitioner's home to share cultivation experiences, but someone misled by Jiang's lies reported us to the police. Liu Zhenchuan of the Kuiwen District Police Bureau (male, about 48 years old, Vice Chief of Kuiwen Police Bureau), a policeman by the surname of Sun (male, about 27 years old, Weizhoulu Police Station) and a few other policemen seized us and then took us to Weizhoulu Police Station. During the interrogation, we refused to cooperate. The policemen released me after having detained me for over twenty hours. However, six other practitioners were sent to the Police Station Detention Center.

Soon after I had arrived at work the next day, I called Zhang Aijun, the Assistant Secretary of the Political and Judiciary Committee of the City (he was my ex-colleague), to report that police officers from Kuiwen Police Bureau are violating the law while trying to enforce the law when they illegally arrested Dafa practitioners. I also told him about the relevant information on the six people who were being illegally detained, demanding that he release those six fellow practitioners. Unexpectedly, Zhang yelled at me over the phone. He didn't listen to me when I clarified the truth to him about the persecution of Falun Gong. Then I righteously stopped his nonsense and warned him that: "It won't be beneficial to you if your attitude isn't good."

On the same afternoon, Vice Secretary Zhang ordered Yang Zhaoyan (male, about 30 years old, Manager of the Kuiwen Police Bureau Networking Security Monitoring Division) and three other plain-clothed policemen to put me in a van and take me to the Public Security Detention Center, where I was detained for fifteen days.

After a short while, Zhang, who wasn't even 40 years old, suddenly developed the symptoms of facial paralysis. His mouth was very crooked and even though he received hospital treatment for a long time, it still wouldn't return to normal.

Recently, I ran into an acquaintance who told me that Zhang's wry mouth still hadn't returned to normal and now his legs do not function properly, so he limps when he walks.

"Team Leaders Started Fighting with Each Other"

In October 2000, I went to Beijing to peacefully appeal to the government to stop the persecution of Falun Gong. After I was arrested and sent back home, Sun Kuizhen (male, about 37 years old, head of the Kuiwen District Police Bureau "610 Office" (1) and the head of the Police Department) and Jiang Enxiang (male, about 30 years old, assistant director of the Weizhoulu Police Station) and some other policemen sent me to the Kuiwen Detention Center.

While I was being detained, there were fifty Dafa practitioners detained there; thirty of them were females. At that time, Teacher's article on using righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil hadn't been published. However, there were a few local female practitioners who had enlightened to this. Moreover, they had successfully stopped an evil person who reported Dafa practitioners to the police from continuing his evil deeds by using righteous thoughts. What they did was send forth the righteous thought that the person would not be able to see Dafa practitioners coming and going. As a result, he developed an eye condition and both his eyes became swollen and watered badly so that he couldn't see Dafa practitioners coming and going. He couldn't see things that were only a few meters away. These female practitioners were detained at the Kuiwen Detention Center.

Those detained practitioners still practiced the exercises and recited the Fa [Law or Principles] in public. Some Dafa practitioners went on hunger strikes to protest the persecution. The policemen in the Detention Center used many methods of torture against them such as shocking them with electric batons, using dense rubber batons to beat them, forcing them to sit in a specially designed iron chair for extended periods of time, handcuffing and hanging them from steel posts and force-feeding them. A few female Dafa practitioners were shocked to the point of losing consciousness by a policewoman called Wang Lihong (female, about 25 years old). At that time, I thought those policewoman would be sure to receive karmic retribution for the crimes they had committed against innocent people.

On weekend nights, everyone went to bed at about 10:30 pm. I was practicing the exercises when I suddenly heard loud yelling and swearing coming from the police office. You could also hear noises which sounded like glass bottles crashing and the sound of hitting and knocking the chairs and desks. When the noise stopped, the crying and shouting from both men and women woke everyone up. Nobody knew what was happening.

The next morning, a mobile criminal (a criminal under a short-term sentence executing his sentence in the detention center) told the warden secretly through the window: "Last night, there were five or six team leaders (jail guards) drinking in the office. While drinking, they began to fight with each other. The Deputy Head of the Detention Center taught Doctor Zhu (male, about 30 years old who tortured Dafa practitioners via force-feeding) a lesson. Doctor Zhu's lips were split open causing him to cry. It was unknown what happened to Wang Lihong. I'm not sure whether she was cursed at or beaten by someone, but she also ended up crying. There were a few broken beer bottles on the ground of the office and it was full of broken glass."

Violent People Senselessly Fight with Each Other

At the end of November 2000, without going through any legal procedures, two policemen, Sun Kuizhen and Jiang Exiang, and another two people arrested me and sent me to Weifang City Forced Labor Camp (in Shandong province) for three years of imprisonment. I was later bailed out for medical treatment.

During that period when I was being detained, in order to "transform" me, the leader of the Middle Team who went by the surname of Liu (about 38 years old, Kuiwen District resident, No.1 team leader) led over ten people to torture me day and night. They forced me to shower with cold water, sprayed water into my nose, tied me to a "tiger bench" (2) and made me sit on the ground with both hands touching the toes of both of my feet.

One day, a couple of people tied me up violently and then put me on a "tiger bench" in the locker room. They then taped both of my hands to the toes of my feet with tape. Even though my hands turned black and blue, they still refused to unwrap them. I told them, "The way you treat Dafa practitioners will surely lead to your karmic retribution." But they didn't listen.

A few hours later, Zhang (first name unknown, about 23 years old, a resident of Shouguang City, Shandong Province) watched me around the clock and teamed up with others to make sure I could not sleep for four consecutive nights. As soon as I closed my eyes, he would violently shake me until I woke up. Liu asked Zhang to get more tape. All Zhang said was, "There isn't much tape left." Then suddenly Liu rushed towards Zhang, grabbed him and then beat him. Zhang didn't give in either. He fought back really hard. Both of them beat each other up really violently. There were four or five criminals standing beside them, who just stared at them blankly for a little while. Then, they started joining in the fight as well. I was standing beside them wondering why they weren't trying to stop them. Instead, they just fought without any reason. The majority of them were beating Zhang and yet some were also beating Liu. Seven or eight minutes later, having run out of breath, they stopped fighting.

After this incident, Zhang's eyes swelled up for a few days, while Liu had traces of blood in his urine and he had to be put on an intravenous drip for a long time.

Twice I had been seized by police and taken by force to the Changle Forced-Labor Camp of Weifang City, where I was detained for six months. During that period of time, Liu Jiangguang (male, about 40 years old, leader of the first middle team of the second grand team) secretly ordered criminals to try to beat me to death following their evil practice of "torturing people to death without leaving any trail". When they talked to me, I clarified the truth to them about Falun Gong and advised them to be good. They didn't listen to me; instead, they cursed me in a very rude manner. I said to them: "Whoever does things against their conscience will be liable for the consequence without exception." At the end of January 2001, Liu Jianguang, who was under 40 years old and claimed that his body was as strong as iron, had a heart attack. If he hadn't been sent to the hospital in time, he would have been dead.

The above stories are what I have experienced. They happened under the situation where I didn't have a very clear understanding of the Fa principle of "using righteous thoughts to stop evil acts". However, I was under the understanding of not cooperating with the evil, resisting the persecution, advising evil people to be good and warning evil people of the consequences of their actions. Since April 2001, Teacher has gradually demonstrated to us the "righteous thoughts" Fa principle in the Fa-rectification period, especially in the recent article of "Stop the Evil Acts With Righteous Thoughts", and the Fa principle of "use righteous thoughts to turn the tables on the evildoers" became more explicit. I believe that in the future, in the process of resisting the persecution, validating the Fa, and saving sentient beings, the power of Dafa practitioners' righteous thoughts will be displayed with even greater splendor. The cases in which Dafa disciples turn the tables on evildoers with righteous thoughts will emerge more and more, which is something that is necessary to happen as the Fa rectification period progresses to the last stage.

(1) "610 Office": a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches.

(2) "tiger bench": an instrument of torture. One is forced to sit on a small iron bench with knees tightly tied on the bench and hands tied behind the back. Usually some hard objects are inserted underneath the lower legs to make it even harder to bear the pain. See illustration on http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html].