Ms. Zhang Junhua from Jilin Province Tortured to Death

Zhang Junhua was from Yujia Village, Qingshan Township, Yushu City, Jilin Province. After she started to practice Falun Gong 1995, she turned from a sick person suffering from various illnesses to a healthy woman.

On December 17, 2000, she went to Beijing with several older practitioners to appeal. They were arrested in Tiananmen Square.

In January 2001, Zhang was sent back to Yushu City Detention Center. The police from the political security section brutally beat her, leaving wounds all over her body. After she returned to her cell, she had difficulty catching her breath. She passed out twice. After she regained consciousness, she said she felt sharp pain in her internal organs, which was a result of the police's brutal beating.

On January 5, 2001, the police extorted 1,500 yuan from the six older practitioners including Zhang Junhua, on top of the 2,000 yuan already extorted from them as so-called food expenses, before finally releasing them.

After Zhang Junhua returned home, she never recovered from the tremendous damage to her body and mind the torture brought her, passing out several times. She passed away in early 2002.

Ms. Chen Yumei from Hunan Province Tortured to Death

Chen Yumei was a practitioner in her 50's who lived in Group Four, Huangzhou Village, Chashanao Town, Zhuhui District, Hengyang City, Hunan Province. She used to suffer from various illnesses and had edema all over her body. She was bedridden all year long and could not perform any physical labor. After she took up the practice of Falun Gong in 1996, her edema disappeared, and she soon recovered and was able to work. In June 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal and was arrested. She wasn't released until the police extorted 2,000 yuan from her.

On the night of January 19, 2001, Chen was arrested at home by police from the Yuanjiao District Police Station and the Chashan Police Station. They took her to the Baishazhou Drug Rehabilitation Center. During detention, Chen was tortured to the point of spitting blood. Her health deteriorated. Not wanting to take the responsibility should she die, the police released her in late March 2001. Due to the severe damage done to her body from the torture and abuse, she passed away in June 2002.

Zhuhui District Police Branch: 86-734-8331432

Policemen who persecuted Chen Yuanmei

Wang Jianyuan: 86-734-8167839, 86-13973460213 (Cell)

Tan Minjie: 86-734-8511663, 86-13907343264 (Cell)

Li Nianxiong: 86-734-8166221, 86-13973401990 (Cell)

Hengyang City Police Department Detention Center
Address: 26 Yuanlin Road, Baishazhou, Hengyang City, Hunan Province
Phone: 86-734-8401740
Director: Zhu Jinming
Commissioner: Jiang Pu
Deputy Director: Xie Junrong