(Clearwisdom.net) Li Jinke was a doctor at the Tanghe County People's Hospital in Henan Province. He started to practice Falun Gong in 1996. After the persecution of Falun Gong started in July 1999, he made truth-clarification materials using his own salary, and went out to distribute the materials in order to let people know the truth.

In November 2000, while distributing truth clarification materials in Heilong Town, Li Jinke was reported to the police. The local police station and Tanghe County Police Department worked together to abduct him. He was taken to the Tanghe County Political Security Section to be interrogated. Li refused to tell the police his name and was brutally beaten. After being tied up for twenty-four hours, he was thrown into the Tanghe County Prison. In the spring of 2001, he was transferred to Xuchang City Labor Camp in Henan Province. Under the intensive labor torture and intimidation from the collaborators (former practitioners who have turned against Dafa under pressure), Li wrote statements to denounce Dafa. The labor camp then informed his work unit to pay 5000 yuan as "bail." Then they released him. After returning home, through studying the Fa and sharing experiences with fellow practitioners, Li realized that it was wrong to write statements denouncing Dafa. Therefore he immediately declared the statements he wrote were void. He went to clarify the truth to the hospital leaders. He hung a banner reading "Falun Dafa is Good" outside the door of his apartment and practiced the Falun Gong exercises under the banner.

Many times he went to the political security section to request the return of his Dafa books that were confiscated by police. He clarified the truth to the police and told them that Falun Gong is good. The police were frightened by his righteousness, and they instructed his work unit to watch over him closely, not allowing him to go out alone. However, all of these things could not deter Li from clarifying the truth.

Before the 16th Party Congress last year, the leaders in his work unit were afraid he might go to Beijing to appeal, so they colluded with the "610 Office" and sent him to prison for the second time. Soon he was sent to Xuchang City Labor Camp. It was declared to the outside world that he had "psychosis."

While in the labor camp, Li refused to cooperate with the evil and resisted the slander by the collaborators. At two meetings he shouted "Falun Dafa is great." The police tortured him using various means. As a result, his weight was reduced from 156 pounds to around 80 pounds.

The police also instigated inmates to torture him, causing tremendous damage to his mind and body. The police also threatened to send him to a mental hospital and inject him with unknown drugs if he refused to give up his belief in Dafa.