(Clearwisdom.net) In the autumn of 1999 my husband and I were illegally detained by the local police, and the police confiscated our house. At the same time the police also detained another Dafa practitioner from our village. The police took my husband and this Dafa practitioner to the police station and brutally beat them by pulling their hair and ramming their heads against a wall. The police also poured boiling water on the backs of their hands. My husband suffered through the extreme difficulties. After this 1999 incident, the police constantly came back to my house to disturb us. They took our Dafa books, videotapes, cassette tapes, and tape player. My husband was finally tortured to death by the police for his steadfast belief in Zhen-Shan-Ren (Truth-Compassion-Tolerance).

The police station in Hekanzi village set up a brainwashing session and forced me to write a reform letter [to give up the practice]. In 2000 I journeyed to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa, and police there forcibly detained me for more than forty days. They also fined me almost 500 Yuan [Chinese currency, the monthly salary for an average Chinese urban worker is about 500 Yuan].

Once I was detained by police for posting Falun Dafa banners. Policemen Zheng Yin and Liu Guofu dragged me to the local police station and ransacked my house. Before dawn of the next day police handcuffed me and took me to public security bureau section No. 1. They kicked me to the ground, and kicked my limbs until I was seriously injured. They hit my head with Dafa books, and then they tore up the books after hitting me.

Police once again sent me to a detention center, and there I collapsed to the ground after being beaten by policeman Li Wei. I was also inhumanely tortured there. The toilet was in the cell, and due to tight control of water usage it could not be flushed, and the bad smell filled the room. The corn congee breakfast there was prepared together with the food they used to feed the pigs. Police also had a few collaborators [former Falun Dafa practitioner who has given up his practice under severe pressure and torture and now assist the authorities in the persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners] try to deceive us; over one hundred Dafa practitioners then came together as one to resist them. Fu Yanling of Public Security Bureau section No. 1 asked me about the origin of Teacher's lecture, but I did not answer him. They set a rule declaring no one was allow to meet with relatives without first signing the guarantee and reform letters. We still firmly refused. However, because I always had a high fever and the police were afraid of being held responsible, they asked my family to take me home.

Not long after I returned home, police came to my house to abduct me again. Among them were the procuratorate's enforcement agents. Once again they sent me to a detention center.

In the detention center, my physical condition was extremely weak. My blood pressure was an abnormal 220/110 [below 120/80 is generally considered normal]. Police, with the aid of a few prisoners, forcibly injected me with a drug that made my mind confused and dazed. While I was under the influence of the drug, policewoman Fang Guizhi blackmailed me into paying a 50-Yuan cell phone fee. Since I was penniless, my family purchased some small commodities to satisfy her, but she threw these away. Later, police sent me to Shenyang Dabei Women's Prison, where I endured 13-14 hours of forced labor daily. Every day the police demanded that I renounce my beliefs, but I refused to be reformed. Finally, the police drafted a reform letter and asked me to read it. I also rejected this letter. At last, with righteous thoughts I left the Shenyang Dabei Women's Prison and returned to Fa rectification.