(Clearwisdom.net) I started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. After July 20th, 1999, when Jiang's regime started the persecution of Falun Gong, I finally overcame my fears, and went to Beijing to validate Dafa with seventeen other practitioners.

We were taken away by the police at the train station after we arrived in Beijing. At two o'clock in the morning, they sent us to the Yueyang police station in Beijing. The local people who came to pick us up were already waiting there. They requested that our relatives pay 4,000 Yuan as traveling fees so they could send us back the next afternoon [500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China]. At that time, Dafa disciples Su Jianlai, Chen Ouxiang, and Peng Jianfei were strongly opposed to going back. They were insistent on continuing to appeal, but they were eventually put on a train.

On the train, we memorized Master Li's poems. Some practitioners said that even if they tried to send us to the detention center, we would never go there, since that's not where we were supposed to be. After we arrived at Yueyang, police were going to take us to a jail, but we resisted. The police started to beat us. They would handcuff one of our hands and then drag us by the other end of the handcuff, until all of us were dragged into the jail. Some of us had our pants torn up from their brutality. In the detention center, the police interrogated us several times and each time I was beaten until tears covered my face. The unscrupulous head in the jail also used these opportunities to steal the food that had been sent to practitioners from their relatives.

In the next few days, the village organized a gathering in which they criticized Falun Gong. Students were forced to leave their classes and come to watch. Police officer Su Chaowen ordered a few other police officers to bind us and push us onto a truck. When the truck got to Sandun village's playground, there were more than 10,000 people already there, and the propaganda banners were everywhere. Before the meeting, the village government officials Li Guoqiang, Su Mingfeng, and Su Chaowen had already beaten Dafa disciples viciously. They were also trying to force Dafa disciples to curse at Master Li with them. Su Chaowen used rope to tie up Dafa disciple Xu Donghai. He kicked Xu in his side with the tips of his leather boots, and asked Xu if he would still practice. Xu Donghai got up and said firmly that he would practice, which was followed by a brutal beating. Under this kind of persecution, I was forced to say something that I did not want to. While riding on the truck on the way back to the detention center, I felt terrible.

I was unlawfully detained for 46 days. My family spent more than 20,000 Yuan to get me out of the detention center. My family told me that Falun Gong practitioners were made to walk around in the street while displaying banners that hung from their necks. Practitioners were fined anywhere from several thousand to tens of thousands of Yuan. The village government planned to demolish the homes of Dafa disciples Su Xianglai, Xu Kuanhou, Su Jianlai, and Li Fanzhou. Su Xianglai and Xu Kuanhou's relatives have had to spend a lot of money to keep their houses from being destroyed. But Su Jianlai's and Li Fanzhou's families could not afford these huge fines, and their houses were demolished. Even the presents from Su Xianglai's daughter's marriage were taken away. These persecutors were under orders from Tang Dianhui, Pan Dianhong, Su Mingfeng, Zhen Yong, and Su Chaowen, along with local police stations.

After I was released from jail, I heard that Dafa disciples Su Xianglai, Chen Ouxiang, Su Jianlai, Li Fanzhou, Chen Shenping, and Li Jichun were illegally sentenced to a forced labor camp. One year later, Dafa disciple Chen Ouxiang was tortured to death.