(Clearwisdom.net, February 23, 2004) On February 12, 2004, Falun Gong practitioner Li Dan, an inhabitant of Irkutsk City in Russia, received news that his forty one year-old sister Li Xia, also a Falun Gong practitioner, was taken away from her home in Shenyang City by over ten security guards. She is now imprisoned in a detention center in Shenyang City.

In October 2003, He Guoan, the Deputy Consul General of the Chinese Embassy in Habarovsk City, came to Irkutsk City and invited Li Dan to meet him. Li Dan has been living in Russia for over ten years; his wife and three children are Russian citizens. The Vice Consul inquired in detail about his relatives in China, as well as the situations of his life and work in Russia. The embassy staff recorded all of Li Dan's answers. In their conversation, He Guoan threatened that his relatives in China might be in a dangerous situation if he continued to practice Falun Gong, and he himself might face an unpleasant outcome if he returned to China.

Three other Falun Gong practitioners in Irkutsk accompanied Li Dan to see the Deputy Consul General. The practitioners told the Deputy Consul General the facts about the brutal persecution against Falun Gong, but the Deputy Consul General said that he knew nothing about the persecution. The practitioners explained to He Guoan that the former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin (the criminal who initiated the unlawful persecution of Falun Gong) and his accomplices have already been sued in many countries for their crimes of Torture, Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity, in the hope that He Guoan would stop aiding the tyrant. The practitioners also suggested he read the related information that they had supplied, but he paid no attention to their suggestions.

According to informed sources, Li Dan had been unlawfully detained three times in China for practicing Falun Gong. In 1999, China's border officials detained him because he brought with him a Falun Gong book and refused to give it up. In December 2001, when Li Dan went back to China to visit his relatives in Shenyang City, he was unlawfully seized on the street by local security guards and detained for seven days. When he was released, the security guards confiscated his passport. In January 2002, he was deceived by the security guards into going to the police station to collect his passport, and was unlawfully arrested and detained in Zhangshi Labor Camp in Shenyang City. During the unlawful detention Li Dan was tortured with forced feeding and brainwashing.

Russian Falun Gong practitioners call on the international community to help release Li Xia.

Source: http://clearharmony.net/articles/200402/17993.html