There is a Dafa practitioner in Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province who is 56 years old. He was arrested while distributing materials about Falun Gong in the spring of 2003. During the whole process of the arrest, he kept shouting, "Falun Dafa is great." He was taken to the township's police station. The practitioner clarified the truth to everyone he met. He also kept shouting, "Falun Dafa is great" on the way to the Second Detention Center of Shuangcheng City, and he clarified the truth to everyone he ran into there. After being locked up in the detention center, he still continued shouting, "Falun Dafa is great" and clarifying the truth. The police ordered two prisoners to sit by him. Whenever he shouted the two prisoners slapped him on both sides of his face. The practitioner continued to shout "Falun Dafa is great" for three days straight, and the two prisoners slapped him the whole time. In the end, they refused to slap him any more and said, "We are convinced that Falun Dafa is great!"

This practitioner, however, still refused to give in even though he was tortured with brutal means. The police transferred him to the First Detention Center in Shuangcheng City, where he continued to shout and clarify the truth to whomever he met. When the police patrolled the detention area and heard him clarifying the truth, they turned around and left.

Later, he was sentenced to three years of forced labor in the Changlinzi Labor Camp in Harbin City. The Changlinzi Labor Camp in Harbin City saw his righteous behavior and refused to accept him. Thus, the practitioner was sentenced to three years of forced labor but he left the labor camp after 3 hours. Throughout all this, he continued to shout, "Falun Dafa is great." On the way to City Public Security Bureau and while being taken to the county police station, and even when he was sent back home, he could be heard shouting, "Falun Dafa is great."

After he was sent back home, he went to the county police station again and questioned the police, "Why did you detain me? Why didn't you allow me to clarify the truth?" The practitioner continued to clarify the truth to the policemen. In the end, the policemen said, "Go ahead if you want to practice. Go ahead with whatever you want to write and post in the streets. We won't interfere. We just beg you to take one step back and not to write or post anything on the main streets." Whenever there were new Dafa materials or VCDs, etc, the practitioner would first take the materials to the police station and clarify the truth to the police.

The practitioner clarified the truth to whomever he could get in touch with: the Township Party Committee, the police station, and people he passed in the streets; he would not pass up anyone he ran into. He also gave a truth-clarifying VCD to a local store that sold VCRs. When people bought VCRs he would go ahead to express his kind wishes, and then give them a copy of the VCDs. People usually accepted it cheerfully. In the evening, he sprayed words about the truth of Falun Dafa so quickly that even the younger practitioners could not keep up with him. He said simply, "These are the actions of a god, not a human."

Teacher said,

"An article published on the Minghui website described a student who told people the facts about Dafa and shouted "Dafa is good" wherever she went. "No matter where they take me, I'll ignore everything the vicious policemen say, and no matter how violently you beat me or how terribly you swear at me, I'll remain just as I am." The labor camp was so scared that they sent her back in a hurry--"We don't want her." It's because they figured, "We won't be able to convert her, and on top of that she'll influence a large number of people." (People laugh) And they won't be able to get a bonus, either. (Applause) They had no way to handle it--where could the local police station put her? They had no way to handle it, so they sent her home." (Teaching and Explaining the Fa at the Metropolitan New York Fa Conference)

Written on January 16, 2004