Editors' Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they, too, be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.

After July 20, 1999, Vice President of the Shuangcheng City Tobacco Company in Heilongjiang Province Sun Qingxiu often cursed at Master Li and Dafa. Around March to April 2001, while he was driving with his wife, he got into a serious accident, resulting in his death and his wife being paralyzed.

Party Secretary Pan Chunku of Xiqin Township, Shuangcheng City and Political and Judiciary Secretary Wang Jiwen abducted Falun Dafa practitioners from their homes, detained them in the No. 2 Detention Center, and put them in brainwashing classes right before the Chinese New Year of 2001. They forced practitioners to write the "three statements*" and extorted money from them. In the beginning of 2003, Pan's wife contracted cancer, and she passed away on June 29, 2003 at the age of 41. Pan himself is very sick right now and has to live on medication. Wang Jiwen got into an accident while riding his motorcycle. His face was injured badly, and he had to get a skin graft. During the 2001 Spring Festival, his wife's leg was broken when she working in a brainwashing class targeted at practitioners.

Xiqin Township Police Station Director Yan Jun and police officers Liu Yongze and Yu Daquan, among others, often arrested practitioners, and were notorious for persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners. In 2001, these three were arrested and sentenced to prison for misconduct while on duty.

Lianxing Township Police Station Director Wu Jianhua often arrested Dafa practitioners, cursed Master Li, used cigarettes to burn practitioners' feet, and extorted tens of thousands yuan from practitioners. Wu was transferred to the Dongfeng substation to be assistant director, and became even worse when persecuting Falun Gong. One day, after he interrogated practitioners, he suddenly got sick and died seven days later. His wife is also seriously ill.

In December 2000, Shuangcheng Town Administration worker Chen Yongzhan and Ran Lingcai force-fed Falun Dafa practitioners a highly concentrated salt solution in a brainwashing class held in the Qiulin Building. Besides extorting huge amounts of money from practitioners, Chen took off female practitioners' underwear and forced them sit on the icy cold cement floor. He also cursed Master Li. Chen died of a heart attack around the 2002 Spring Festival. Ran cursed, beat, and tied up or suspended in the air practitioners in a brainwashing class. He often stole practitioners' money when working in the Beijing Liaison Office in Shuangcheng City. He died after getting throat cancer in June 2003.

Zhao Qingguo in Yusheng Village, Xiqin Township joined in the persecution of Dafa practitioners in May 2000. He often followed and reported on practitioners, and he often tore up Dafa banners and flyers. Dafa practitioners tried to kindly explain things to him, but he refused to listen. At midnight on April 19, 2002, he died suddenly.

Retired Shuangcheng Town post office worker Deng Zhenyu lived on Changshe street. He was deceived by the lies from the media, and often followed Dafa practitioners in the neighborhood. He tore up many flyers and posters that Dafa practitioners put up. One morning he tore off a flyer from an electricity pole, and stomped the flyer into the dirt. One family member of a Dafa practitioner saw this, and tried to persuade him not to do that, but he refused to listen. After that, he had a stroke and could not walk around outside anymore. He died on October 24, 2003. His neighbor Wang was the same as Deng, and often tore Dafa materials up together with him. One day in 2000 he fell down on the street and died soon after at home.

Resident Xia Rongjiang on Wenming Street of Shuangcheng Town was hostile towards Dafa practitioners because he was deceived by the propaganda. He often tore up Dafa materials posted on the street and never listened to Dafa practitioners' explanations of the truth. He said that he did not believe in karmic retribution. One day after he tore up a flyer, his right arm became paralyzed and was in extreme pain. He went to Harbin hospital to see a doctor, but they could not determine the cause. He died three days after returning home.

The above are only a few instances of karmic retribution that have happened around Shuangcheng residents. There are likely many more that we are not aware of. We publish these to kindly get the message out that people should never persecute Falun Dafa practitioners and position themselves well.