Latest News from China - February 6, 2004
- [Handan City, Hebei Province] Many Dafa Practitioners Arrested After the Local TV Interception Event
- [Huaihua City, Hunan Province] Two Dafa Practitioners Sent to Forced Labor Camps
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Three Dafa Practitioners Sent to a Brainwashing Session at the Longshan Forced Labor Camp
- [Jinan City, Shandong Province] Dafa Practitioner Peng Guixiang is on an Extended Hunger Strike
- [Liaoning Province] Cao Yuqiang Disabled from Torture
- [Heilongjiang Province] Daqing Forced Labor Camp and Suihua Forced Labor Camp Colluded to Detain Dafa Practitioners
- [Ren County, Hebei Province] Dafa Practitioners Zou Fen and Wen Baozhi Are Arrested
- [Gulan County, Sichuan Province] Dafa Practitioner Hu Biao Is Illegally Detained
- [China] Detention Center Police Officers Swindle Money by Threatening to Send Dafa Practitioners to Forced Labor Camps
- [Tumen City, Jilin Province] Facts of Persecution of Dafa Practitioners by Police Officer Wang Xishan
1. [Handan City, Hebei Province] Many Dafa Practitioners Arrested After the Local TV Interception Event
During the past days, many Dafa practitioners in Handan City were arrested. The arrests are still occurring. Police officers want to find those practitioners who broadcast documentary videos on TV, made Dafa truth-clarifying materials, and accessed the Dafa websites. Methods used by police officers include secretly arresting Dafa practitioners at night, then hiding at their homes to arrest other practitioners who go there. Some practitioners who were delivering materials have been arrested, but others that do not know still go to their homes for materials, and are arrested. Even the family members of the practitioners do not know where the arrested Dafa practitioners are at the moment.
2. [Huaihua City, Hunan Province] Two Dafa Practitioners Sent to Forced Labor Camps
On January 14, 2004 (7 days before the Chinese new year), in Zhongfang township, Zhongfang County, Ms. Zeng Changmei (around 40 years old), from Zhongfang Village and Ms. Chen (around 40 years old), from Longjing Village were arrested at home by police officers from the Zhongfang County Public Security Bureau. Not long after being sent to the Huaihua City Public Security Bureau they were sent to the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp. In December 2003, when they were delivering Dafa truth materials in Maotian Village, Zhongfang Township, they were reported to police by the village communist party secretary and detained at the Zhongfang County Public Security Bureau for one day. It's unknown if this arrest is related to the last arrest.
3. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Three Dafa Practitioners Sent to a Brainwashing Session at the Longshan Forced Labor Camp
The Dalian City Forced Labor Camp has been persecuting Dafa practitioners both mentally and physically. On November 18, 2003 three determined Dafa practitioners, Ms. Yang Chunhua, Ms. Zhang Xiaoli, and Ms. Sun Yan were sent to the Longshan Forced Labor Camp at Shenyang City for further persecution. The Longshan Forced Labor Camp's specialty is torturing Dafa practitioners. There they were deprived of sleep for seven days and nights, and even longer, and were brainwashed 24 hours a day. Visits by their family members were not allowed.
Address of the Longshan Forced Labor Camp: Lizigou #97, Zhujia Township, Dongling District,
Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, Post code: 110173.
Brigade 1: 86-24-24760624, 86-24-24760033 ext. 8212
Brigade 2: 86-24-24761745
Brigade 3: 86-24-24761746
4. [Jinan City, Shandong Province] Dafa Practitioner Peng Guixiang is on an Extended Hunger Strike
In March 2003 Ms. Peng Guixiang from Jinan City was sent to the Shandong First Women's Forced Labor Camp. In November 2003 Peng started a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Her family has not heard from her in over five months. Peng's family has mailed four letters and sent clothing once to her but hasn't heard any response from the labor camp.
Right before the 2004 Chinese New Year, Peng's son got a phone call from the labor camp saying Peng had been on a hunger strike for a long time and had heart problems. They asked the son to send money for medical treatment. After the Chinese New Year, Peng's son went to the forced labor camp to visit his mother, but the camp didn't let him see her. He talked with the camp head, but the camp head was rude, saying the camp would not be responsible for any consequences caused by his mother's hunger strike.
Peng's son talked with heads Sun and Duan (female) of the second brigade (Tel. 86-531-8555040, Ext. 8032) asking if he could bring money and take his mother for medical treatment while accompanied by them, but was denied. Peng Guixiang is still on a hunger strike. It's unknown if she is still alive.
5. [Liaoning Province] Cao Yuqiang Disabled from Torture
In March 2001 Mr. Cao Yuqiang, 37, was sent to a Forced Labor camp for his firm belief in Dafa. In July 2001 he was transferred to the Guanshan Forced Labor Camp, and then to the Huludao Forced Labor Camp where he was tortured nearly to death and then taken home by his family. During the 2003 Chinese New Year period he was arrested again and tortured to the point of being disabled.
6. [Heilongjiang Province] Daqing Forced Labor Camp and Suihua Forced Labor Camp Colluded to Detain Dafa Practitioners
Around the 2004 Chinese New Year period, determined Dafa practitioners Ba Hongji, Liu Fubing, Guo Fadong, Ma Zhihong, and others at the Daqing Forced Labor camp were transferred to the Suihua Forced Labor Camp. There were previously ten Dafa practitioners in the second brigade of Daqing City, but now only three remain.
7. [Ren County, Hebei Province] Dafa Practitioners Zou Fen and Wen Baozhi Are Arrested
Ms. A Fen from Caozhuang Village, Xindian Township has been detained at the Ren County Detention Center for over one month.
Ms. Wen Baozhi is in her 50s and is from Hetou Village. She was arrested by the Ren County Public Security Bureau at around 9:00 p.m. on February 4, 2004. Her home was searched and Dafa books and materials were taken away.
8. [Gulan County, Sichuan Province] Dafa Practitioner Hu Biao Is Illegally Detained
Hu Biao is a Dafa practitioner from Gulan County, Luzhou District. Since the persecution of Dafa started in July 1999, he has been subjected to brainwashing four times, illegally detained six times, sent to a forced labor camp twice, and had all salaries and benefits suspended for over three years.
After Hu Biao went back to work, the County Human Resources Bureau lowered his salary almost 500 Yuan in March 2003.
On May 25, 2003 Xiong Yongsong, the head of the Taiping Police Station, tortured and interrogated Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Chengfen to coerce her to say that Hu Biao has given her new Dafa articles. Xiong searched Hu Biao's home twice and reported the issue to police officer Zou Qiang at the National Security Brigade. The two searches of A Feng's home followed no legal procedures, but police officers detained Hu Biao for over 80 days. Wang Chengfen and Hu Biao have appealed to the county, city, and provincial level officers and legal divisions to expose the persecution in order to wake up people's conscience and protect the freedom of belief and personal security.
Relevant people and phone numbers:
Li Qinghong, head of the Public Security Bureau,
86-830-7222394 (Home), 86-13909085009 (mobile)
Zou Qiang, head of the national security brigade,
86-830-7296116 (Home), 86-13708282887 (mobile)
Hu Yan, head of the "610 Office,"
86-830-7100246 (Home), 86-13518385939 (mobile)
Xiong Jun, former head of the detention center, 86-830-7296122 (Home)
9. [China] Detention Center Police Officers Swindle Money by Threatening to Send Dafa Practitioners to Forced Labor Camps
My wife and I are both middle school teachers. Since we are Falun Gong practitioners, local police officers detained us during the 2002 Chinese Communist Party's National Congress period.
During the detention period, one man in plain clothes went to my elder sister's home and said, "Officers at the detention center asked me to ask you to pay for the release of your younger brother and sister-in-law, otherwise they will all be sent to forced labor camps." Afraid of us being sent to forced labor camp, my sister gave that person over ten thousand yuan. That person took the money and gave no response. My wife was still sent to forced labor camp.
10. [Tumen City, Jilin Province] Facts of Persecution of Dafa Practitioners by Police Officer Wang Xishan
Wang Xishan is formerly the section chief of the Internal Security Section at the Tumen Railway Public Security Bureau Branch. He started taking part in the persecution of Dafa practitioners in early 2002. He has sent Dafa practitioners Zhao Litang, Di Yuhua, Zhao Fengcheng, Zhang Xiuqing, Liu Hong, and others to forced labor camps, and detained many Dafa practitioners.
He has now moved to the position of legal section chief, but still persecutes Dafa practitioners. Before the 2004 Chinese New Year, Dafa practitioner Wang Shaofu was reported to police while clarifying truth to people, and was arrested in the afternoon on January 18, 2004. Now he is still detained at the Tumen Railway Detention Center for a 15 day period. During this period of time, Wang Xishan has tried to send Wang Shaofu to forced labor camp.
Relevant phone numbers:
Wang Xishan, 86-433-3627131 (Home)
Office of the Head of Tumen Railway Public Security Bureau Branch:
Deputy Head: 86-433-6121918 (6122928)