Police in Nong'an County and Gaojiadian Extort Money from Dafa Practitioners' Family Members
1. Practitioners from Gaojiadian, Ms. Xue Guizhen, Ms. Chen Xiaohua and Ms. Zhen Yaomin went to Beijing to appeal in October 1999, and were arrested. Later on, Liu Shangkun from the Nong'an County Police Department Political Security Section, blackmailed their families for 1,500 yuan each [500 yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.]. The practitioners were released only after the money was paid.
2. Ms. Pan Li, a practitioner from Gaojiadian Renjiatun Village, was planning to go to Beijing to appeal in October 2000. She was arrested in the Changchun Train Station and sent to the Nong'an County Police Station. From there she was sent to Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp for one year. Later, her family asked someone to take 9,000 yuan to the labor camp to get her released.
3. Ms. Tian Guireng and Ms. Chu Fengxia, practitioners from Gaojiadian, went to Beijing to appeal in April 2001 and were later taken to the Nong'an County Detention Center by the Nong'an County Political Security Section. Each of their families paid more than 10,000 yuan for them to be released from the police station.
4. Lu Dapeng (Director of the police station), Zhang Yanxue, Liu Zhenhua and Zhang Zhongyang (a temporary worker) took Ms. Cui Youyun and two other Dafa practitioners from Gaojiadian to the police station in 2001. Liu Shangkun from the police department blackmailed Cui Youyun for 8,000 yuan before releasing her. The other two practitioners paid 3,000 and 5,000 for their release.
5. Lu Dapeng (Director of the police station), Zhang Yanxue and Liu Zhenhua from the Gaojiadian Police Station arrested practitioner Ms. Yang Fengying in 2002 and blackmailed her for 1,500 yuan.
6. In November 2003, while practitioner Ms. Zhang Fengyun was illegally detained, Li Shuming, Director of the Nong'an County Detention Center, blackmailed her family for 300 yuan. Li Shuming also blackmailed Ms. Wang Zongying, a practitioner from Xiaochengzi Town, for 70 yuan.
7. On January 15, 2000, practitioners Mr. Han Xiyang and Mr. Cai Yonggang were taken to the Nong'an County Police Department Detention Center by Yu Fuzhou, Lu Dapeng, Su Chaoying and Lin (first name unknown). Liu Shangkun blackmailed each of their families for 1,000 yuan before releasing them.
8. In July 2003, Wang Shouye's father from Xiaochengzi Town was illegally detained and later released after he paid Yu Hongchuan and others from the Political Security Section more than 10,000 yuan.
9. In October 2000, Nong'an County practitioners, Ms. Zhang Guozhen, Ms. Wu Si and Ms. Zhang Xiuxiang, went to Beijing to appeal and were illegally detained. During that time, Gao Shangkuan and others went to their work place, the Nong'an County Refinery, and blackmailed their work place for 2,000 yuan for each of them. Their work place did not have money at that time and Jiang Chengan from their work place had to borrow money from their families to pay for it.
10. At 12:30 am on November 4, 2002 (a little bit before the CCP 16th Congress), police from the Nong'an County Police Department Political Security Section broke into practitioner Ms. Lan Caifeng's home and took her to the criminal team. Xu Shaobin and other police took off her clothes and covered her eyes then started the persecution. They tried to force her to slander Teacher, and tortured her with Tiger Bench* and "Big Hang Up"** and slapped her on the face with their shoes. Eventually her family paid 3,500 yuan to have her released. Xu took 500 yuan as his share.
Phone numbers of the officers involved:
Liu Shangkun (Investigation Office): 86-431-3213066(Work); 86-13943105667(Cellular)
Zhang Bing (Gaojiadian Police Station): 86-431-3210674(Work); 86-13943105895(Cellular)
Yu Hongchuan (Director of the Political Security Section): 86-431-3238806(Work); 86-431-3211217(Work); 86-431-8276388(Home); 86-13944030616(Cellular)
Xu Shaobin: 86-431-3223407(Work); 86-431-3212868(Home); 86-13596015750(Cellular)
Liu Ye (Political Security Section): 86-431-3238166(Work); 86-431-3234185(Home); 86-13844071384(Cellular)
Fan Weishi (Political Security Section): 86-431-3238806(Work); 86-431-3225599(Home); 86-13504498269(Cellular)
Cai Qingzhu: 86-431-3542023(Work); 86-431-3541019(Home); 86-13944986979(Cellular)
* Tiger bench: (Practitioners are forced to sit on a small iron bench that is approximately 20 cm (6 inches) tall with their knees tied together. With their hands tied behind their backs or sometimes placed on their knees, they are forced to sit straight up and look straight ahead. They are not allowed to turn their heads, close their eyes, talk to anyone or move at all. Several inmates are assigned to watch over the practitioners and force them to remain motionless while sitting on the bench. Usually some hard objects are inserted underneath the practitioners' lower legs or ankles to make it harder for them to tolerate this abuse (see illustration on <http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html>)
** "Big Hang Up": (There are two forms in this torture: (1) With both hands cuffed behind the back and only toes touching the ground, one is hung by a rope that is tied to the metal window frames. (2) One hand of a practitioner is cuffed to one bunk bed and the other hand to another bed, and the two beds are pulled in opposite directions. One feels extremely painful as the body is pulled)