Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Liu Zhaohui in Jiangxi Province Was Tortured to Death in a Labor Camp in 2002

Mr. Liu Zhaohui, in his 30s, was a resident of Gao'an, Jiangxi Province. In early February 2002, Mr. Liu was again sent to Jiangxi Province's No. 2 Forced Labor Camp (also known as the Gaoan Forced Labor Camp). He launched a hunger strike to protest his illegal detention and died days later, right after the Chinese Lunar New Year.

Since Liu Zhaohui died shortly after he was sent into the labor camp, the camp authorities tried all means to block the information, which included threatening the inmates who had supervised Liu not to spread the news.

Phone numbers for Jiangxi Province's No. 2 Forced Labor Camp: 86-795-5785273, 86-795-5785267, 86-795-5469272


Xiao Feihu, team head, No. 1 team
Qi Shuzhong, police officer, No. 1 team
Huang, police officer, No. 1 team
Xu Baichuan, team head, No. 2 team

Ms. Zang Jinlu in Liaoning Province Died from Persecution in 2003

Ms. Zang Jinlu, 37, was a resident of Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province. She was reported to the authorities for writing Falun Gong informational materials. The police broke into her home and unlawfully detained her in a local detention center for over 40 days. Ms. Zang went on a hunger strike lasting over 25 days to protest the illegal arrest and detention. She became extremely weak and was released on bail for medical treatment. The local police constantly went to her home to harass her during the period of her medical parole. Ms. Zang became homeless for over a year to avoid the harassment, during which her mind and body were seriously devastated. She died in November 3, 2003.

Sixty-one Year Old Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Xie Xiantai in Shanghai Died from Long-term Persecution

Mr. Xie Xiantai, 61, was a resident of Jiangqiao, the Jiading District in Shanghai. He started to practice Falun Gong in 1998. In 2000 his wife and son went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and the police unlawfully interrogated him twice. In 2001 and 2003, his wife and son were sent to a labor camp and sentenced to prison, respectively. His home was ransacked three times during that period.

In September 2003, personnel from the Jiading District Police Station illegally arrested Mr. Xie's eldest son. When the perpetrators ransacked his home, they could not find any so-called evidence to justify the arrest. They then interrogated Mr. Xie three times with threats and intimidation. In 2004, the retirement pension of Mr. Xie's wife was unlawfully terminated.

Since the persecution of Falun Gong started in 1999, on all "sensitive dates" Mr. Xie was followed, his phone was tapped and he received harassment calls. Due to five years of constant persecution, Mr. Xie's mind and body were severely affected. As a result, he fell ill and died on October 12, 2004.

December 20, 2004