(Clearwisdom.net) In order to get a big year-end bonus, members of the 610 Office of Lanzhou City, Gansu Province, have increased the persecution and inhumane torture of Falun Gong practitioners. In Lanzhou City, many practitioners were transferred from a labor camp to Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center. The 610 Office plans to torture the practitioners to meet "reform" quotas and seek economic gain.

Ms. Ma Jun, 57, worked in the Department of Tourism in Lanzhou City. She was arrested in January of 2000 and sentenced to three years in jail. In January of 2003 she was sent to Gaolanshan Brainwashing Center. In April of the same year, she was transferred to Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center and persecuted for more over a year. In July of 2004, she was sent to a jail for women. Later she was transferred back to Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center because the authorities could not find new "crimes" to keep her in the labor camp.

Ms. Fang Jianping is 46. She used to work at Lanzhou Minbai Associated Companies. In May of 2001 she was detained in Dashaping Detention Center of Lanzhou. In July, she was sent to Pingantai for 2 years of forced labor. Ms. Fang refused to write a Guarantee Statement to give up practicing Falun Gong. On May 2, 2003, she was transferred to Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center. In November, Dan Yongsheng led others from the center to put Ms. Fang in a torture chamber called a "black room," where she suffered brutal torture and brainwashing.

Ms. Wei Zhouxiang, 38, is a teacher of politics in the Eighth High School of Lanzhou City. In April of 2002, she was sent to a labor camp to serve a one-year term. After the term expired on April 14, 2003, she was transferred directly to Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center for further persecution. In November, she was put in the "black room" and tortured.

Ms. Wang Yanmei, 47, lived in Longxi City, Gansu Province. She went to Beijing to appeal in 2000 and was sentenced to forced labor for one year. One month after her release, she was arrested again while clarifying the truth and handing out flyers in Baiyin City. In February of 2002, she was sentenced to 2 years in a labor camp. After the term was over on February 4, 2004, and she was released, she was again arrested 2 months later and sent to Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center. She is currently still detained there.