Uncle Wang was from my hometown. One day before the Spring Festival in 1998, his family carried him back home from the hospital. He was suffering from bone marrow cancer. Doctors considered him terminally ill and sent him home to spend his last New Year's Day. He was bedridden. One day one of his neighbors, a Falun Dafa practitioner, told him miraculous stories of Falun Gong and brought him a book. He started reading Zhuan Falun. That day was a turning point in his life.

He accepted the law and principles of Falun Dafa. New hair started to grow on the bald patches of his head. When I learned about this, I carried a video player to Uncle Wang's home and showed him Teacher's Fa-lectures. He was able to sit on the bed and then was able to get down to the ground. He was soon able to move around by himself. Later he was able to do housework and even go to the farmers' market. He was able to study the Fa and do the Falun Gong exercises. He set up a practice site at his home. He also abstained from smoking and drinking, both of which he had been addicted to for over half of his life. He also started treating his wife very nicely. His wife was amazed by the magnificence of Falun Gong and started practicing as well. Uncle Wang felt blessed and acquired all the Falun Dafa books, which he kept in his home as treasures.

The nurse at the hospital asked me how Uncle Wang was doing when she ran into me. I told her that he had started practicing Falun Gong and had recovered completely. He could even work in the field. She was surprised, "We all thought he was dead."

Just as Uncle Wang and his family were enjoying their lives, Jiang started the unprecedented suppression of Falun Gong. Police were rounding people up and ransacking their homes under orders that anyone beaten to death would die in vain. When my Uncle Wang saw the violence of the arrests and the persecution, he stopped practicing. When I visited him at his home, he said, "Let me wait for a while, just wait for a while longer." Gradually, he picked up smoking and drinking again. He started beating and cursing his wife again. His wife cried and said, "It's now all over." Uncle Wang was taken to the hospital. He never came out. Three days before he passed away, he could not stop crying. He told his wife in sadness, "You keep practicing. Practice well. Don't let anyone take away those books."

My Uncle Wang left us in sadness and sorrow. It was Jiang Zemin who took away his life.

December 1, 2004