(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Liu Weishan was a young schoolteacher at Xiangfan City's Hanjiang Machinery Company. She was well known for her kind heart among her colleagues, and the students loved her. Ms. Liu was imprisoned on trumped-up charges. Since she refused to plead guilty, prison guards brutally tortured her. After two years in prison, we recently learned from someone at the Wuhan City Women's Prison that Ms. Liu Weishan became mentally disabled from the abuses she suffered.

Seeing people deceived by lies and slander on TV, Ms. Liu conscientiously clarified the truth about Falun Gong to people. She told people how righteous Truth, Compassion, Tolerance are and told people not to believe the lies on TV. For doing these things she was arrested and imprisoned in Xiangfan City's No. 1 Detention Center.

Ms. Liu appealed several times at the detention center but did not receive any replies, so she went on a hunger strike. The guards inhumanly tortured her during force-feedings. Several strong criminals held her head, hands and feet down, and roughly inserted a tube from her nose into her stomach. In the meantime, the guards incited other criminals to pinch her, pull her hair, slap her face; they even stripped Ms. Liu naked, only covering her with a sheet, claiming it was for her convenience. The force-feeding occurred twice a day. After 40 days of abuses, Ms. Liu's health deteriorated. To avoid their responsibilities, the guards secretly sent her to the Wuhan City Women's Prison, where Ms. Liu suffered more vicious abuse.

Guards urged criminals to abuse Falun Gong practitioners. In the No. 2 Section, guard Li Feng locked all of the practitioners into a very remote, small cell, cuffed their hands behind them and left them there with out any food or a place to sleep for several days. When practitioners went on hunger strikes, guards poured the left-over food from other criminals into a dirty barrel, and force-fed practitioners with the rotten, smelly liquid. Such mental and physical abuses mentally incapacitated many practitioners, and some even died. One of the practitioners there, who was a Ph.D. student at Beijing University, mentally collapsed and is now sweeping the floors in the prison everyday.

Ms. Liu Weishan is mentally disabled at present. She has lost lots of weight and her hair was shaved, also. The guards were afraid that she might die in the prison, so they often dragged her to the medical office for an infusion. Ms. Liu is now in critical condition, yet she was tied with her hands behind her to a metal bed frame.

Ms. Liu Weishan followed her conscience and refuses to give up her faith, even if she has to lose her life for it.

December 9, 2004