(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Wang Mi, a former teacher at the No. 10 Middle School in Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province, was illegally sentenced to ten years of imprisonment for believing in Falun Dafa. In March 2002, he was sent to the Harbin Prison, and on July 1, 2004, he was secretly transferred to the Daqing Prison, where he was hit on the head with an iron bar. This caused him to be comatose for three consecutive days. After he came out of the coma, he became delusional, yet he is still detained in the Daqing prison.

Mr. Wang Mi, 41, was born on August 7, 1963, and he started to practice Falun Dafa in 1997. Before practicing Falun Dafa, he was in poor health, had a short temper, and argued with others. But shortly after beginning to practice, his health improved greatly and he was full of energy. As he adhered to Falun Dafa's principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance," he became a more sincere and kind-hearted person. He always thought of others first and worked diligently as a physical education teacher. Sometimes he spent his own money to buy exercise equipment for his students, and often spent his spare time tutoring his students for free. After he was illegally detained, his students asked his family members about him and said that they missed him. People who knew him also considered him to be a nice person. After Jiang's regime launched the vicious campaign against Falun Dafa and its practitioners on July 20, 1999, 'Wang was constantly persecuted, and he endured tremendous physical and mental suffering. His life was in danger on several occasions.

In February 2000, Wang practiced his basic right as a citizen and went to Beijing to appeal to the government to stop the persecution of Dafa practitioners. Shortly after he arrived at Tiananmen Square, he was arrested. He was taken to the Jixi City Government's Liaison Office in Beijing, where he was illegally searched, and the money he had with him (about 300-400 yuan) was confiscated. He was escorted back to Jixi City by officials from the Didao County Police Station and Jixi No. 10 Middle School, and he was detained at the Jixi Second Detention Center for more than forty days.

In November 2000, he again went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa and was arrested at Tiananmen Square. He managed to escape while being returned to Jixi City. The Jixi Police Department searched everywhere for him in Jixi City. He was forced to leave home and wander around to avoid being persecuted. In May 2001, he was illegally arrested, but managed to escape. Unfortunately, he was illegally arrested again in June 2001. He was tortured at the Jiguan County Police Station, and was then sent to the Jixi First Detention Center, where the persecution continued. The policemen at the detention center used various methods to torture him, including hanging him up by his handcuffed wrists for an extended period of time, and forcing him to sit on the "Tiger Bench." He suffered tremendously, and developed edema all over his body. He was taken to the Jixi Justice Bureau's Hospital, where the doctors said his life was in danger, but the police refused to release him. Instead, they ordered his family to give them more money.

In early 2002, Wang Mi was illegally sentenced to ten years of imprisonment by the Jiguan County Court in Jixi City. The court officials refused to allow his family members to observe the trial. In March 2002, he was sent to the Harbin Prison. The inhumane treatment he received at the prison caused great harm to his health. Wang, a former athlete, was 1.82 meters' tall (about 6 ft.) and previously weighed over 140 Jin (154 lb.) became severely emaciated. He was taken to the Harbin Prison Hospital and diagnosed with tuberculosis. He had a high fever, and his hemoglobin was very low. His family requested to have him released on bail to receive medical treatment. The prison authorities said, "He was recently sentenced. We cannot release him for medical treatment." The hospital continually asked for money from his family members.

In June 2004, his family members wanted to see him, but prison authorities refused permission. When his family called to ask about his condition, prison personnel told them that Wang Mi was doing fine. The truth was, Wang was beat on the head with an iron bar, and was in a coma for three consecutive days. When he came to, he was delusional. The time and perpetrator of the beating is still under investigation.

On July 1, 2004, Want Mi was secretly transferred to Daqing Prison. In July, Wang had a mental collapse. He didn't want to wear any clothes. The prison authorities ordered several people to monitor him. The prison head said that Wang Mi had a mental illness. Wang's 'family requested his release for medical treatment and was refused, again. His family members requested to have him tested to determine his mental state, which the prison authorities tried to delay by making up excuses. In late September through early October, the guards said that he violated several prison rules, and confined him to a cell. All of the tortures Wang Mi suffered caused his mental collapse. He is still detained in Daqing Prison.