(Clearwisdom.net) As a farmer in my sixties, I suffered tracheitis resulting from hard labor. Later, this condition turned into pneumothorax. I had to visit doctors and take medicine throughout the year. I was hospitalized four times within two years. Each time the hospitalization would cost me between 10,000 and 20,000 yuan and created tremendous financial hardship for me. In addition to these problems I developed colitis.

In February of 1998, I began practicing Falun Dafa. Shortly after I started practicing, all of my symptoms disappeared and I no longer needed medication. I have been in good health ever since. In fact, I'm healthier than ever. All of my friends and relatives are very happy for me.

Jiang's regime launched the persecution of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. They house-searched most of the Falun Gong practitioners I know, extorted money from them, and even detained and beat them.

Jiang's regime controlled all the media, using it as a channel for their propaganda. The TV and newspapers overwhelmed the Chinese people with fabricated news and slanderous attacks against Falun Gong. With their trust in the government and out of a sense of responsibility to society, tens of thousands of Falun Gong practitioners went to Beijing to appeal for their practice. They tried to demonstrate to the government that Falun Gong is good for any nation or ethnic group. Nevertheless, Jiang's regime was determined to oppress Falun Gong.

On June 25, 2000, over two hundred Falun Dafa practitioners in Jieyang City, Guangdong Province, gathered in front of the Jieyang City Square to practice the Falun Gong exercises. With the banner "Falun Dafa is Righteous" hanging on the square, the practitioners did the exercises silently.

Soon, police officers swarmed the square and quickly arrested all of us and took us to various police stations and local agencies. They took me to the Ronghua Agency and detained me there.

An officer asked me if I would continue to practice. "Surely I will! Where can I find another practice as good as Falun Gong?" I replied. Soon they sent me to the Police Department, where they did not give me anything to eat. Then they sent me to the police station in my local township, where I was detained for another three days. Once again, they asked me if I would practice Falun Gong. I said "Yes," of course. As a result, the authorities moved me to the Jiedong Detention Center and imprisoned me there for fifteen more days. After extorting 470 yuan from me, they detained me in an office of Birth Control. How unbelievable! Is the Office of Birth Control for imprisonment? What Birth Control regulations did I violate?

It was a sweltering summer. The room was very small, but full of imprisoned practitioners. Inside the room was a small bucket for all of us to use as a toilet. It was so smelly and disgusting in the summer heat. The authorities ordered our families to send in meals. They imprisoned us there for one month and charged us 40 yuan each per day, which is equivalent to the cost of grain for one person for an entire month.