(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioners Yang Guiqin and Yang Guijun were sisters from Baiquan Township, Dongliao County, Liaoyuan City, Jilin Province. In late September 2002, they were both sentenced to over a dozen years in prison for not relinquishing the practice of Falun Gong. In November 2002 and June 2003, they died separately in the Jilin Women's Prison in Jilin Province, due to the persecution.

When Yang Guiqin died, she was 48 years old. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1996. In March 2002, she was sentenced to 14 years imprisonment for not giving up practicing Falun Gong. In November 2002, she was tortured to death at the Jilin Women's Prison. When she died, there was a large hole in her head, and blood covered the ground. The guards lied to her family members, saying that she jumped from a prison building and killed herself. Yang Guiqin's daughter, Ma Yidan, is a teacher at the Dongliao County Renao School. She can be reached at: 86-13943756682.

Yang Guijun was 43 years old when she died. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1997. In March 2002, she was sentenced to 13 years imprisonment for not giving up Falun Gong. In June 2003, she was tortured to death at the Jilin Women's Prison. When her family members arrived at the prison, they found that Yang Guijun had fractured arms and legs, and that she was covered in blood. Yang Guiju's daughter, Yu Yang, is 19 years old. She is a student at the Baiquan Township High School. Her father, Yu Zhenguo, works in Korea, so Yu Yang stays with her third aunt on her father's side. Yu Yang can be reached at: 86-437-5100318.

On March 12, 2002, the municipal party secretary from Liaoyuan City, Zhao Zhenqi, brought over 40 people, including the head of the local police department, to search for truth clarification materials production sites. They arrested 15 Dafa practitioners, including Yang Guiqin and Yang Guijun. The two sisters endured various tortures, including sitting on the "Tiger Bench," being shocked with high-voltage electric batons, being handcuffed and hung up, stabbing by the "imperial court needle" (1), and having their hair and feet burned by cigarettes.

For more information on how the two sisters were tortured to death, please see the following articles:

Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yang Guiqin Tortured to Death in the Jilin Provincial Female Prison

Supplementary Information Regarding the Torture Death Case of Dafa Practitioner, Ms. Yang Guiqin, from Liaoyuan City, Jilin Province

FDI: 44 Deaths of Falun Gong Practitioners Verified in September and October -- Two Sisters Tortured to Death in the Same Prison Camp, Husband and Wife Tortured to Death in Beijing

(1) In this torture method, the abusers use a needle to stab a person's fingertips, the tips of the toes and the neck. The needles are extremely thin and they don't leave any marks on the skin after being injected into the body, and no blood is drawn. This torture is extremely painful and most people cannot withstand this torture