Illustrations of the Tortures Inflicted Upon Practitioners from the Weicheng District of Weifang City, Shandong Province, in 2000 ( Photos )
Yuhezhen Township was one of the seven "Torture Transformation Centers" in the Weicheng District of Weifang City, Shandong Province. The township's government is notorious for their "Great variety of styles and vicious techniques" which they use against practitioners and to persecute Falun Gong. Their tortures often included shocking practitioners with electric batons; whipping them with wooden sticks, rubber hoses, or bamboo shoots; sticking needles under their fingernails; scalding them with boiling water, etc.
After China's National Day Holiday in the year 2000 (October 1), more than 20 practitioners from our region were abducted by authorities and secreted away to various locations in the township. The practitioners, who had gone to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa, were tortured and beaten. Some of them were beaten until they passed out.
The perpetrators poured cold water over a 50-year-old practitioner after she passed out in order to wake her and continue their beating. Both her ankles were severely swollen from the beating, and bruises covered her body. Other practitioners were also abducted in the same way simply because they told the truth about Falun Gong to members of the public.
Practitioner Mr. Xuan Chengxi, 61, lived on Beiguan Street in the Weicheng District. He was abducted to the Yuhezhen Township on October 12. The Township's Political and Judiciary Committee Secretary Chu Yongsheng, Township Administration Office (the former "610 Office") Director Chen Yonghua, Township Deputy Chen Longshan, and Director of the Militia Yang Zhendong beat him savagely, killing him. After Xuan Chengxi was murdered, associated government sections and the township government tightly controlled the news and sealed the village where Xuan had lived. They told local villagers not to talk about the incident or reveal the news. They secretly cremated Xuan's body without notifying his family.
The Yuhezhen Township Torture Transformation Center was established at the Justice Station in the Township Consolidated Administration Office.
Yuhezhen Township Justice Station where Xuan Chengxi was beaten to death.
Yuhezhen Township People's Government, Township Station of Justice, and Township Police Station were all located in this compound.
Major accomplices who participated in the torture and persecution:
- Wang Xinmin was the Township Political and Judiciary Committee Secretary and now is Beiguan Street Representative to the People's Congress. He lives on Xingfu Street, Kuiwen District. 86-536-8258809 (Home), 86-13953699533 (Cell), 86-536-8316453 (Office) .
- Zhu Yongsheng is the Township Political and Judiciary Committee Secretary. He lives at the Weicheng District Office Compound. 86-536-8317567 (Home), 86-13906368706 (Cell), 86-536-8169396 (Office) .
- Chen Yonghua is the current Township Consolidated Administration Office Secretary. 86-536-8169833 (Home), 86-13506465286 (Cell).
- Tan Chunxi was the Township Consolidated Administration Office Secretary. 86-536-8169277 (Home).
- Guo Xingyue was the Township Party Committee member but has since been transferred to the Weicheng District Agricultural Committee. 86-536-8169272 (Home).
- Yang Zhendong was Director of the Township Militia. 86-536-8167008 (Home).
- Li Yunzhong was Township District Administrator. 86-536-8169860 (Home).
- Guo Handong was the head of the Township Station of Justice and lived in Guojialou, Yuhezhen Township.
- Chen Longshan was the Township Communication Correspondent.
- Wang Xinwei was a staff member of the Administration of Justice.
A list of practitioners who have been or are still being tortured includes: Xuan Chengxi (murdered), Zhang Zhiyou, Li Lingyun, Li Aiying, Chen Shubin, Zhang Huaixiang, Chen Jinxue, Li Longqian, Zhang Jiming, Wang Guifen, Zhang Fengying, Meng Qinghua, Gao Jisheng, Chen Wenli, Wang Yanqing, Yu Xiuhua, Chen Shuzhen, Li Jiangang, Sun Keyun, Wang Guilan, Chen Jinxing, Gao Jifang, Gao Jirong, Chen Hongying, Chen Hongyu, Guo Lanfen, Guo Yulan, Sun Yunxia, Chen Lehe, Li Sufen, Ding Xuehua, Wang Chunyan, Zhang Shucai, Li Shulan, Yu Yanqin, Chen Wenzhong, Kao Jinghua.
Below are the illustrations of the torture techniques used on the practitioners being tortured in Yuhezhen Township:
On September 14, 2000, seven or eight deputies of the Yuhezhen Township government, including Wang Xinmin, Zhu Yongsheng, and Chen Yonghua, took turns beating practitioner Xuan Chengxi to death.
In October 2000, four or five deputies of the Yuhezhen Township government forced a practitioner's arms apart and savagely beat him.
A Falun Dafa practitioners from Yuhezhen Township was beaten by 4-5 people.
On October 6, 2000, Wang Xinmin, a deputy of the Yuhezhen Township government stripped a practitioner from the waist up and then whipped him with a rubber hose.
On October 6, 2000, seven to eight deputies of the Yuhezhen Township government, including Wang Xinmin, whipped a practitioner with a rubber hose after they stripped him from the waist up. Later, Wang Xinmin ordered the deputies to pull him up and beat him again.
In October 2000, Chen Longshan, a deputy from the Yuhezhen Township government scalded a practitioner with boiling water.
On October 6, 2000, seven to eight deputies from the Yuhezhen Township government shocked a practitioner with electric batons.