(Clearwisdom.net) Heizuizi Women's Labor Reeducation Camp in Changchun City, Jilin Province is a centralized site for persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners. Since 1999, the site has imprisoned over 1,000 Falun Dafa practitioners. The sign on the wall reads "Education, Influence, and Rescue" in attempts to hide their true purpose.

The camp forces practitioners to work 15 to 18 hours every day on slave-labor production, which far exceeds practitioners' physical capacity. They also devise ways to torment practitioners mentally. Resolute practitioners are not allowed to talk or even to exchange eye contact. They increase practitioners' workload so that it is necessary for them to work night shifts, limiting time for rest, showering, laundry, and toilet usage in order to complete the job. They strip a practitioner's basic right to life if they insist on continuing to practice Falun Dafa. Any behavior perceived as uncooperative is cause for persecution such as scolding, beating, electric shock, "Death Bed" torture, and " locking up in a small cell" (1).

Below are some scenes practitioners imitated of the persecution in the camp:

Photo 1 Bamboo paddle

Photo 2 Striking face with bamboo paddle

Photo 1: Bamboo paddle: The bat is made from bamboo, about 25-centimeters (10 inches) long, and 5-centimeters (2 inches) wide. It is used to coerce practitioners to perform slave-labor. Practitioners are beaten with the paddles at will by their tormentors.

Photo 2: Striking face with bamboo paddle: Heizuizi Labor Reeducation Camp often uses the bamboo paddle to hit practitioners' faces. The ones who are determined in practicing are especially vulnerable to this kind of torture. Among them, Qu Shuyun, a very determined practitioner from Jilin City, was hit in the face with the bamboo paddle several hundred times by the captain of the Second Division. Tan Chengxiang, a practitioner in the Second Division from Shulan City, refused to refer to herself as a "student of labor reeducation" in writing and was struck in the face with the bamboo paddle continuously by guard Ma Tianshu. Her face became red and swollen. The management division of the Labor Reeducation Camp led by guards Lian Guangri and Yue Jun often hit the determined practitioners violently with the bamboo paddle.

Photo 3 Beaten with an electric baton while on the ground

Photo 4 Applying electric shock after being beaten to the ground

Photos 3, 4: Using an electric baton to beat practitioners to the ground and shocking them while on the ground. Mu Pingjian, a resolute practitioner from Huadian, insisted on practicing Dafa, and was beaten to the ground and then shocked by a Second Division guard.

Photo 5

Photo 5: Riding an airplane (2): At the beginning 2000, Heizuizi Labor Reeducation Camp Fourth Division captain, Zhang Guimei, and the discipline officer, Hou Zhihong (the current Seventh Division captain), urged camp criminals Dong Hui, Feng Guojing, Xu Dongmei, and Yao Yongkeu to lock resolute Falun Dafa practitioners in the fifth floor hallway in the winter while wearing only thin garments and no shoes. With icy-cold bodies and feet, they were shivering, having dizzy spells and weak all over after the punishment.

Photo 6

Photo 7

Photo 8

Photos 6, 7: At midnight on the eve of the lunar New Year, December 30, 2000 (February 4), practitioners in the Fourth Division held a group exercise. Discipline officer Hou Zhihong hit practitioners with a high-voltage electric baton. Practitioner Wang Xiufen from Jilin Zuojia (she has since died from the persecution) was alone and insisted on doing the exercises, so officer Hou Zhihong shocked her face and neck with the electric baton, but she still persisted in doing the exercises.

Photo 8: Imitating discipline officer Hou Zhihong holding an electric baton and ordering criminals in the camp to swarm around Wang Xiufen and pull her legs and arms to stop her from doing the exercises.

Photo 9

Photo 9: Afterward, Fourth Division captain Zhang Guimei and discipline officer Hou Zhihong ordered camp criminals to tie all four limbs down and bound her on the "Death Bed" for over ten days without letting her up. Others had to help her relieve her bowels and urinate.

Photo 10

Photo 11

Photos 10, 11: After over ten days of "Death Bed" torture, the Fourth Division captain Zhang Guimei, officers Hou Zhihong, Lian Guangri and Yue Jun tried to force Wang Xiufen to write a "Guarantee Statement" promising to give up doing the exercises, but she refused. The officers pressured the criminal assigned to watch her, threatening to increase her own prison term if Wang Xiufen didn't write the "guarantee." To be released sooner, the criminal devised many ways to torment Wang Xiufen.

The Labor Reeducation Camp criminals and guards worked together to strip her overcoat and left her with thin garments. In the winter, they bound her four limbs to the "Death Bed" in minus 30 degree Celsius (20 below zero, Fahrenheit) weather. They opened all windows and doors so wind blew through the room. Wang Xiufen was shivering.

They continued trying to force her to write the "guarantee," yet she refused to cooperate. The guard then took the rest of her clothes off, covered her with only newspapers, and used a large fan to blow wind from underneath the bed (the bed is made of metal mesh with large gaps in the mesh). Seven or eight days later, the other practitioners in the division learned about her plight and held a group protest over the brutal torture. Under pressure, the guards released her from the torture.

Photo 12

Photo 13

Photo 12, 13: In February 2000, in order to resist the guards, practitioners in the Fourth Division held a group recital of Falun Gong teachings. The guards and criminals bound Sun Xiuhua and Liu Shuxia, the determined Falun Dafa practitioners from Shulan City, with ropes and taped their mouths shut with adhesive tape to stop the recital.

Photos 14

Photos 15

Photos 16

Photos 14, 15, 16: In 2001, the higher authorities and other related staff came to visit and inspect the Second Division. The Second Division's captain Ren Feng, and officers Zhang Lilan and Liu Lianying worried that the practitioners would expose their criminal acts while the visitors were there, so they ordered the camp criminals to stuff rags in the determined practitioners' mouths, cover their heads with plastic pails, and hid them in small warehouses and bathrooms. They lied to the visiting personnel that all practitioners had been "Reformed" in an effort to cover up their own criminal acts. They went on with torturing practitioners after the visitors left.

Practitioners Weng Yuejie from Jilin City and Han Cuiyan from Siping City in the Second Division often were locked up in the bathrooms with rags stuffed in their mouths and plastic pails covering their heads whenever visitors or inspectors were on the premises. They suffered all kinds of physical and mental anguish under the persecution and conspiracy of discipline officers Qiang Tongquin and Lang Cuiping. They eventually mentally collapsed. In order to shift responsibility, the Labor Reeducation Camp approved the two practitioners' release for medical treatment.

The Second Division captain Liu Lianying and the discipline officer urged criminals and the "Reformed" practitioners, who grossly misinterpret Falun Gong, to torment practitioners. They'd carry out "critiques" while the practitioners worked. Any officer could scold, beat, or demand one to stand for a long time as punishment, or make unreasonable demands to the practitioner at will. They declared that the way to face enemies is to be "cold like the frigid winter."

In the first half of 2001, a small subdivision in the Second Division forced practitioners to read materials that smeared Dafa and the Teacher. Four practitioners refused to cooperate. Discipline officer Wei Dan hung signs with slanderous words on these practitioners and forced them to wear the signs every day whether they were eating, doing laundry or sleeping.

Photo 17

Photo 17: Mu Ping, a practitioner from Huadian in Jilin City, could not tolerate the humiliation of wearing the sign. She requested the discipline officer to punish her instead, but she was kicked out of the office. Wei Dan said to her, "I didn't want to hit or shock you with an electric baton. Making you wear the sign is my way of tormenting you."

Photo 18

Photo 18: Zheng Donghui, a practitioner from Changchun, refused to wear the sign. Wei Dan forced the sign on her. She was hung by the hands with the feet unable to touch the ground for several hours. Over 100 people in the division and over 1,000 people in the whole Labor Reeducation Camp witnessed practitioners wearing the signs.

Photo 17: Carrying beans: In autumn 2001, Heizuizi Labor Reeducation Camp inmates picked beans. If practitioners didn't finish picking the beans at the end of each day, the practitioners had to carry the bean bags to their living quarters to continue the work. A bag weighed over 50 kilograms (110 pounds) and had to be carried from the first floor to the fifth floor.

Photo 18: In August 2004, Ma Yanyin, a determined practitioner from Jilin City, persisted in practicing Falun Gong and she was forced to stand facing a wall continuously for over forty days by the guards from the Third Division of the Labor Reeducation Camp.

Heizuizi Labor Reeducation Camp products made by the practitioners

These six pictures show some of the products made by the practitioners who were forced to labor 15 to 18 hours a day, which far exceeded their physical capacity.

(1) Locking up in a small cell:

The detainee is locked up in a very small cell individually. The guards handcuff practitioners' hands behind their back in a fixed position, in which the practitioners can neither move nor lie down. Detainees have to urinate and defecate in the cell. Only half of a regular meal is served to detainees locked up in a small cell.

(2) Riding an airplane :

In this torture, the head is bent down until it cannot go down any further, while the hands are pulled up and held up to the highest point. The hips have to point up. One is forced to keep this position unchanged for a long time. The body in this position looks like the shape of an airplane, which is how this torture is named.