(Clearwisdom.net) Li Yuejin, a native of Guqiao Village Yueyang County Hunan Province, took Baimalong Forced Labor Camp to court because the guards in the camp tortured his wife. This torture resulted in paralysis, vertebral injuries, and her death. These guards and their leaders were impinging on the human rights of the prisoners and violating the law, even though they were charged with enforcing the law. He requested that the court hold these people responsible for their crimes. He also required the accused to compensate for the expenses associated with the death and injuries of his wife, as well as an allowance of their children. His complaint, written on July 12, 2004, reads as follows:

The Defendant: Women's Forced Labor Camp, Hunan Province (Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City)

Requested Issues:

1. Request to bring the guards and their leaders to justice because they bear criminal responsibility in impinging on the human rights of prisoners and violating law even though they were charged with enforcing the law.

2. Request for the defendant to pay for all of the expenses associated with the injuries and death of my wife, as well as an allowance for our children

Evidence and Reason:

On July 24, 1999, Fang Qinglong from the county government searched our home. They took away our videotape recorder, tape recorder and Falun Dafa books valued at more than 1,000 yuan, by force. In April 2000, they arrested my wife Ms. Chen Xingtao and sent her to a detention center. After they searched her, they took away 500 Yuan and sent her to another detention center. In the center, Chen Xingtao was badly beaten by the deputy director of the detention center Xie Zehua. During her stay, she was forced to wear handcuffs and foot shackles for one week. She was not released until her family members gave the authorities 1,500 yuan. In November 2000, Chen Xingtao was illegally detained for 23 days. After her family members were blackmailed for another 1000 yuan on Dec 14, she was released. On Jan 19, 2001, when Chen Xingtao was preparing for the New Year's Festival, several people including Fang Qinglong from the county government sent her to the detention center again. On Jan. 31, she was sent to Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City. She was illegally sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor. While she was in the forced labor center, the guards attempted to brainwash her by force. Their methods included beating, kicking, shocking with electronic batons, and keeping her handcuffed even when she was sleeping.

At 4 a.m. on March 24, the guards commanded Chen Xingtao to come to their office. Once she entered the room, a guard pushed her down facing the wall, and then brought her arms behind her back. Another guard burned her two arms with an electric shock baton until they were black. The lower parts of her body were also burned black and blue. Then, they pressed her down on the floor and shocked the arches of her feet. They continued to shock her for several hours, until her whole body was badly burned from this treatment. On April 1, she fell from the second floor to the ground at 7 a.m. The guards tried to hide the truth by making a video falsifying the incident.

After her accident, Chen Xingtao's back was operated on. The lower part of her body was paralyzed and she was unable to control her bowels. Even in such a bad situation, she remained handcuffed even while sleeping. Zhu Rong, a guard, beat her faced severely and smeared her eyes, ears, nose and mouth with toothpaste. They deprived her of food and water for long periods of time.

On April 9, the director of the camp Zhao Guibao came to the hospital and said, "If she dies in the hospital, we will bear no responsibility. The baton will only hurt the skin, not the bones."

On May 10, Commissar Yi Jin'e came to the hospital and said, "We can stop the medical treatment and send her back home to rest." Though Chen Xingtao had an operation, the lower parts of her body were still paralyzed, her legs atrophied, and she was still suffering spells of forgetfulness. Under these circumstances, Yi Jin'e still stopped the medical treatment for her

On May 12, they did not give breakfast or lunch to Xingtao. The Director of the Management Department whose last name is Fang said in an intimidating manner, "If you do not take her back today, you will never get her back." My father is an honest farmer without an education. Under their intimidation, he agreed and signed his name. Chen Xingtao was immediately sent from the camp to the Yueyang City Government. The people in the government saw the dire situation and refused to accept her for medical treatment. The guards in the camp forced my father to sign his name again and give them 2,000 Yuan.

After Xingtao came back home, after July 15, her coccyx (the bones in her buttocks) began to weaken and decay. It started inside of her body and moved outward. This ended up creating a hole the size of a fist. Then two of these bones dropped from her body and blood was found in her feces and urine. She could not sleep or sit. Her family members requested that the commissar of the Political Security Department for the county have a look and report to the superiors. However, none of those leaders came. Her family members had to bring Xingtao to the Second Hospital of Yueyang, but the hospital refused to treat her.

The county government sent two people to live in the house opposite of our home to monitor us long term.

On April 29, 2002, Chen Xingtao's situation became worse. Pus oozed from her body in many places. Her family members asked the leaders at different levels for help. However, no one helped them. Her family members brought Xingtao to the People's Hospital in Yueyang County. That night, several people, including Guo Shengqiang from the national security agency and police station, told the hospital, "We want her family members to hand over 50,000 Yuan, otherwise just send her back to home."

Because of the delays in getting medical treatment, Xingtao died at 8 a.m. on May 27, 2002. Her family members asked the county government to take care of the funeral affairs. The representative of the People's Congress Lan Tianxi beat her family members instead of offering help.

The guards and the related leaders of the Women Forced Labor Camp, Hunan Province (Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City) have impinged on her human rights and violated the law. Please compensate us for the expenses incurred from my wife's injuries and death, as well as an allowance for our children. Please punish the guards according to Articles 232, 234, and 248 in the Criminal Law of China.

Plaintiff: Li Yuejing

July 12, 2004