Mr. Huang Yuxin is from Qionglai City in Sichuan Province. He graduated from the Huaxi Medical University with a bachelor's degree in medical chemistry. After graduation, Mr. Huang Yuxin landed a job at the Second Teaching Hospital affiliated with Jilin University, Jilin Province. On September 21, 2004, he was illegally sentenced to nine years in jail by the Nanguan District Court in Changchun City, Jilin Province. Presently, Mr. Huang Yuxin is appealing his case to the middle court.

In 1994 Mr. Huang Yuxin started practicing Falun Gong. Because he believed in Dafa and the principles of "Truth, Compassion and Forbearance" to become a kinder and more honest person, he was known as a very good person. Two co-workers from the Jilin University's Second Teaching Hospital attended the court's illegal trial of Mr. Huang on September 21, 2004, and testified to the contributions Mr. Huang had made to the hospital. Not long after Mr. Huang graduated and came to the hospital to work in 1997, he was assigned to computerize the pharmacy department, and he did an outstanding job. In 2000 he attended the National Internet Conference of Pharmacists in Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province. In 2001, he attended the Junior Pharmacist Technical Sharing Conference in Beijing. Mr. Huang Yuxin published several papers and made a revolutionary contribution to the procedure of the distribution of medicines from the pharmacy department. The new procedure helped reduce the rate of errors in fulfilling prescriptions

Mr. Huang never took advantage of his occupation to get kickbacks, like many in China do . One time a pharmaceutical company offered to give him five-thousand yuan, but Mr. Huang refused to take it. When the company owner put the money on his desk, Mr. Huang returned it. Many people later found out about this incident. The result was that all the pharmaceutical companies knew that Mr. Huang would not take the kickbacks they offered and respected his integrity. Mr. Huang also liked to help people. Whenever anyone asked him to exchange workdays, he would use his own day off as a workday in order to accommodate his co-worker. He was also not attached to personal benefit or fame. For example, when promotions were being given in 2002, his outstanding performance was ignored because he was a Falun Gong practitioner. Even though he did not get a promotion, he still worked very hard as usual. Because he never complained about his work, the department gave him additional bonuses every month. At the beginning of the SARS epidemic in 2003, he was among the first group of people sent to deal with SARS cases in disaster areas. His salary did not increase, but rather went down while working in disaster areas. Still, he never complained. This good and kindhearted person was illegally arrested and sentenced to jail just because he spoke up for Falun Gong.

On November 17, 2003, under the direction of police officer Cai Yubin, the director of the street committee office Wang Guiqin tricked Mr. Huang into opening the door of his home. Dozens of police officers then charged into Mr. Huang's home. Without a warrant, they searched his home computer. Failing to find any "evidence" on the computer, they still did not want to give up. A tall man wearing glasses from the City Public Security Bureau asked Mr. Huang if he was a Falun Gong practitioner. Mr. Huang did not answer the question, but instead told them that their actions were against the law. Before he finished saying this, four or five police officers dragged him down the stairs, while he shouted "Falun Dafa is Good" and "Truth, Compassion and Forbearance are good." Because he said this, he was beaten up very badly. Later on he was sent to a private interrogation room in the Nanguan Branch Office of the police department. After being tortured inhumanely for seven to eight days, he was transferred to the Third Detention Center.

After Mr. Huang was kidnapped, the police thoroughly searched his home and confiscated a lot of things, including pay stubs, bank deposit books, a scanner, computers and gold chains. The total worth these items was valued at forty-six thousand yuan. They also detained Mr. Huang's wife in the Quanan Police Station for more than twenty-six hours. On the evening of November 19, 2003, they also arrested Li Xuewei, who was visiting Mr. Huang's home.

About ten days later, the police tricked Mr. Huang's wife into coming to the Nanguan Branch Office, where they interrogated her.

Two other practitioners Xu Shuxiang and Xing Yuling were also arrested on charges of "being involved in Huang Yuxin's case." Both were tortured to the brink of death. Less than a month after Xu Shuxiang was released, she died on January 18, 2004.

On August 20, 2004, the Nanguan District Court put Huang Yuxin and Li Xuewei on trial. Since there was no evidence to prove that the two practitioners had committed any crimes, the judge stopped the hearing hurriedly.

One month later, on September 21, 2004, the court re-opened the hearing. Following a pre-determined course, twenty minutes after the hearing began, Presiding Judge Zhao Bo denied all the legal arguments made by the defendants' lawyer and accepted all the unreasonable arguments from the prosecutor. Huang Yuxin and Li Xuewei were sentenced to nine and seven years in jail, respectively.

A happy family has been broken apart under the evil persecution of Jiang's regime.