(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Liu Mingke fully devoted herself to clarifying the truth and exposing the persecution of Falun Gong. She died as a result of the persecution on June 15, 2002. Her 20-year-old son Xu Yan is currently living with his grandmother.

High Resolution Picture

Liu Mingke and son Xu Yan

Xu Yan was born in 1984. He lives in Jilin and works as a clerk at a car repair shop.

He is currently living with his 75-year-old paternal grandmother.

Information about Liu Mingke:

High Resolution Picture

Liu Mingke

Liu Mingke was born in 1957. She lived on Zhihe Street in the Chuanying District of Jilin City. Her local police precinct was the Zhihe Police Station in the Chuanying District.

Liu Mingke used to be quite aggressive and domineering. Even her supervisors at work were afraid of her. Her parents always had to go along with her or she would start a long fight. After she got married, she refused to do anything for her parents-in-law and often cursed and smashed furniture when things didn't go her way.

She was diagnosed with breast cancer and suffered excruciating pain. In September 1996 she was pale and depressed when she told her sister she was going to be hospitalized. Her sister was reading the book Zhuan Falun at the time and told Liu Mingke about Falun Gong. Liu Mingke stood and talked to her sister for about an hour without any pain. She usually would not have been able to stand that long, and that was when she realized Falun Gong was special. Four days later she obtained a copy of Zhuan Falun. Soon afterwards she went to a practice site to do the exercises and study the Fa with other practitioners, and from then on she never missed any group exercises or Fa study sessions.

After she studied the Fa, she changed into a completely different person. Although she was divorced, she offered to help out her former parents-in-law. She was also much kinder to her sisters and coworkers, and she began to think of others before thinking of herself.

Appeal in Beijing and incarceration

After July 20, 1999, she went to Siping City and Shulan City in Jilin Province to talk to fellow practitioners. She said her understanding was for practitioners to step forward to validate Falun Dafa. On August 20, 1999, she was illegally arrested as she talking with practitioners in Lianghua Township, Shulan City. In September 1999 she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa, was arrested and illegally sentenced to one year of forced labor, and transferred to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp.

She persisted in practicing Falun Dafa while she was held in Division 3 of the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp. She was fearless, and the perpetrators could not make her give up her belief. She saw, however, that more and more practitioners were being brainwashed, and the guards were isolating the "Reformed" practitioners. Liu Mingke was worried about these practitioners. In order to get access to them, she pretended to be brainwashed. She realized her mistake when the guards demanded that she attack Dafa and Master. She immediately announced that her "reform" was false.

The guards locked her in a detention room and threatened her with electric batons. Liu Mingke was completely fearless and the guards gave up. Her sentence was later extended by six months because she persisted in Dafa practice.

Clarify the truth, expose the persecution, and offer people salvation

After she was released from the forced labor camp, Liu Mingke immediately dove into the current of Fa-rectification. Once she heard two students slandering Falun Gong. Even though a police officer was standing close by, she approached the students and asked them to stop attacking Dafa. The police officer asked her, "Who are you?" She said, "I am a practitioner. My name is Liu Mingke." She told them the truth about Dafa, and the students and police officer left after they understood the truth.

One day she went to the home of practitioner Yu Lixin, who was later tortured to death. She ran into Wu Zeyun, the deputy warden of Jilin Province's Women's Prison, and Li Jian, the prison's deputy administrator, who were trying to arrest Yu Lixin. Liu Mingke did not get flustered. She found all the Falun Dafa materials in Yu Lixin's home, put them in a sack, and took them away. She walked right past the police with the sack on her back, but she left safely. She found Yu Lixin and told her not to return home. Yu Lixin escaped arrest with the power of her righteous thoughts.

One day an officer from Jilin City's Police Department caught her reading Falun Dafa books. She stayed calm and continued to read, and the officer admired her courage. Liu Mingke then began to clarify the truth to the officer. After a bit he said, "I'll be back in a little while." Soon the officer returned in civilian clothes. He said, "It's inconvenient for both of us when I'm in police uniform. Now you can speak freely!" Liu Mingke clarified the truth to him for a very long time, and the officer was very happy. Several days later, the officer went back to Liu Mingke and told her that his wife wanted to learn Falun Gong. Liu Mingke delivered some Falun Dafa books to the officer's wife.

Once she was arrested and sent to Jilin City National Security Bureau for distributing Falun Dafa materials. The police wanted to torture her, but Liu Mingke resisted with righteous thoughts and told them they would be committing a crime if they did. Later, she was sent to the No. 3 Detention Center in Jilin City. She firmly refused to cooperate with the evildoers and clarified the truth to the guards. The detention center authorities called the head of the police department to "deal" with Liu Mingke. She remained calm and firmly requested an immediate release. Soon, as if by magic, she was unconditionally and miraculously released!

One morning in January 2002, Liu Mingke went to the Heizuizi Women's Forced Labor Camp and tore down from the wall banners with phrases attacking Falun Dafa words that the guards ordered all visiting families to read. Fan Youlan, the labor camp administrator, was furious and, along with some guards, tried to arrest Liu Mingke, but she escaped with Master's protection and the power of her righteous thoughts. For a while the phrases slandering Falun Dafa did not re-appear at the labor camp.

Liu Mingke was very frugal, and she often reminded other practitioners to use their limited resources on truth clarification. She devoted her time and energy to exposing the persecution and offering salvation people. She died as a result of the persecution on June 15, 2002.

Zhihe Police Station in the Chuanying District, Jilin Province: 86-432-2122837
Jilin City "610 Office": 86-432-2010610, 86-432-2010612
Jilin City Police Department: No 51 Beijing Road
Zip code: 132011
Fax number: 86-432-2454682
Main switchboard: 86-432-2409221

Head of Jilin City Police Department: 86-432-2409110, 86-432-2488110, 86-432-2454682(Office)
Legal Division: 86-432-2409004
Monitor and Inspection Division: 86-432-2409110

Chuanying Police Department in Jilin City: No 100 Great Jiefang Road
Zip code: 132012
Phone: 86-432-2026300
Supervisory phone: 86-432-6962905

Liu Xuezhi: head of No. 3 Detention Center in Jilin City, 86-432-2578266(Home)
Liu Changjun: instructor, 86-432-7807299(Cell)
Huang Jianmin: deputy head, 86-432-7807298(Cell)
Cong Maohua: deputy head, 86-432-2017071(Home)

Zhihe Street Office in Chuanying District
Secretarial office: 86-432-2127153
Director's office: 86-432-2139616