(Clearwisdom.net) The children in the two pictures below are Jin Panpan (boy) and Liu Shuangshuang (girl). Their parents are Falun Gong practitioners. They were respected teachers in Heilongjiang Province at Mudanjiang Teachers College. Now they have been brutally persecuted and illegally sentenced to long prison terms.

Jin Panpan (boy)

Liu Shuangshuang (girl)

Jin Panpan was born in September of 2002. He has an elder brother, Jin Luyi, 10 years old. When Jin Panpan turned 14 months old, his parents were arrested because they practice Falun Gong. The police waited until February 14, 2004, when Jin Panpan turned 18 months, to start the trial [in this way, the mother can be sentenced to a longer prison term]. Jin Youfeng (their father) was sentenced to 11 years, and Jiang Chunmei (their mother) was sentenced to 14 years in prison.

Liu Shuangshuang is three months older than Jin Panpan. Her brother, Liu Chengcheng, is three years old. Their parents are also Falun Gong practitioners. Their mother, Shen Chunhua, was sentenced to 11 years in prison while their father, Liu Zhiyuan, was sentenced to 14 years in prison.

On the night of October 22, 2003, the police burst into these two homes and abducted the children's parents. Seventy Falun Gong practitioners were illegally arrested that night. Their household property, including Falun Gong books, truth-clarifying materials, computers, bank records and cash were all confiscated. In detention, the police brutally tortured the practitioners. They were beaten, deprived of sleep, force-fed with mustard oil, and "tied up with ropes" (1). The police even pointed guns at their heads or covered their heads with plastic bags until they collapsed from lack of oxygen. The tortures lasted 10 days, and many practitioners frequently lost consciousness during the torture.

More than 30 practitioners were sentenced from 5 to 14 years in prison on February 14, 2004. They were not allowed to file appeals. During the trial, all of the practitioners righteously spoke out in court to expose the brutal means used by the police to torture them during the interrogations. They also vigorously defended their innocence. All the practitioners refused to sign any paperwork. The parents of Jin Panpan and Liu Shuangshuang were among those convicted and sentenced unjustly.

At the time that the police arrested the four children's parents, there was no one left in their families to take care of those children. The police forced the children's relatives to take them home or otherwise the children would be sent to an orphanage.

Now Panpan and his brother are living with their grandparents in Qiqihar City, and they have a difficult life.

Shuangshuang and her brother are living with their grandparents. No detailed information is available at this time.

We ask the kindhearted people of the world to be aware of the situation of these four children and their parents. Many more children of Falun Gong practitioners in China are suffering the same plight, with their family members illegally imprisoned. Many other children have lost their parents forever because they have died due to torture and abuse in detention.

(1) "Tying the Ropes": The torture method "Tying the Ropes" utilizes a finger-sized hemp rope soaked in water. The persecutors set it on the Dafa practitioner's neck and tightly wrap it around the arms. In order to maximize the pain for the victim, they often strip the practitioner down to his underwear. Usually, over three persecutors work together to apply this torture. When the rope reaches the wrists, it is tightened. They pull the practitioner's hands behind his back, both ends of the rope are inserted through the portion of the rope on the neck, then two persecutors forcefully pull down both ends of the rope as hard as they can and then tie it. At this time, the blood circulation is cut off and the victim will experience increased heart rate, excruciating pain in both arms and within a few minutes, heavy sweating.

In order to make sure the rope is as tight as can be, the persecutors insert glass bottles and wooden sticks under practitioner's wrists, so the rope will sink deep into his flesh. Meanwhile, they also slap the practitioner's face and shock him with electric baton(s). Each session of "Tying the Ropes" lasts ten to twenty minutes. After the rope is loosened, the victim has lost the feeling in his arms, and it takes a long time to regain it. For those who have experienced this torture, their arms are often disabled in severe cases, or they cannot raise their arms or they lose some function in the arms. The marks left on the arms by the rope usually don't disappear for one or two years.