Latest News from China - October 19, 2004
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Police Brutality Renders 60-Year-Old Ms. Peng Yinfeng Disabled and Blind
- [Gansu Province] Torture of Practitioners Jin Jilin, Jiang Chunbin, and Yang Xuegui
- [Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Arrest of the Practitioner Couple Zhang Zhaohua and Zheng Baozhen; Their Daughter Now Lives with Her Aunt
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Practitioners Zhu Changbing and Qu Shumei Suffer Persecution
- [Chengde City, Hebei Province] Practitioners Li Baichun and Niu Jingyuan Arrested
- [Chengde City, Hebei Province] A Kind-Hearted Person Who Supports Falun Dafa Practitioners Is Detained for One Month
- [Suining City, Sichuan Province] Practitioners Lu Yanfei and Zhang Zhaojing Still Detained
- [Chengde City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Sun Guifen Arrested and Beaten
- [Beijing City] Situations of Practitioners in the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp
- [Anhui Province] Imprisonment Cases of Practitioners from the Huainan Area
- [Bozhou City, Anhui Province] Arrest of Several Dafa Practitioners
- [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Su Dengliang Arrested from Home and Secretly Sentenced to Three Years of Forced Labor
- [Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province] 24 Practitioners Arrested and Sent to a Brainwashing Center
- [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
- [Zhanjiang City, Guangdong Province] Arrest of Practitioner He Nanxing
- [Shanghai] Arrest of Practitioner Ms. Chen Qinfang
- [Anshun City, Guizhou Province] Arrest of Practitioner Zhang Enrong
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Arrest of Practitioner Song Guozhen
- [Pei County, Jiangsu Province] Practitioners Unlawfully Incarcerated
- [Bin County, Heilongjiang Province] Persecution of Practitioner Sun Xiangjie
- Qian'an City, Hebei Province] Repeated Arrest of Li Qingsong
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Li Hai Detained in a Small Cell
1. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Police Brutality Renders 60-Year-Old Ms. Peng Yinfeng Disabled and Blind
On March 8, 2004, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Peng Yinfeng, over 60 years old, from Guangzhou City's Xingang Developing District, was forcibly put into the city's Huangpu District Brainwashing Center for clarifying the truth of Falun Dafa to the public. The brainwashing center guards beat her so severely that she went blind. One of her eyeballs fell out. Her family also said the savage torture left her unable to walk. Her husband was arrested with her at the same time.
2. [Gansu Province] Torture of Practitioners Jin Jilin, Jiang Chunbin, and Yang Xuegui
Falun Gong practitioners Jin Jilin and Jiang Chunbin from Yuzhong City, Gansu Province were tortured in the province's Dingxi Prison. Jin Jilin was in critical condition. When his family visited him, a policeman grabbed the phone away from him to stop their conversation [there is a partition between visitors and those held in captivity]. At present, practitioners held in the Dingxi Prison are on a hunger strike to protest this illegal treatment.
Practitioner Yang Xuegui, who was sentenced to eight years of imprisonment and has been detained at Lanzhou City's Dashaping Prison several times, is currently being detained in a five square meter cell (approximately 16 feet by 16 feet) in the province's Linxia No.2 Prison. For the past seven months he has been forced to sleep on the cement floor.
At present, many practitioners detained are held in the province's No.2 Women's Forced Labor Camp and Lanzhou City's Hualinshan Forced Labor Camp. They are tortured with excruciating methods.
3. [Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Arrest of the Practitioner Couple Zhang Zhaohua and Zheng Baozhen; Their Daughter Now Lives with Her Aunt
Practitioner Mr. Zhang Zhaohua is an official in the Hailar Bureau and his wife, Ms. Zheng Baozhen, also a practitioner, was operating room head nurse of Yitulihe Town's Hospital in Yitulihe Town, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. In 2000, Ms. Zheng was banned from nurse's duty and demoted to laundry room worker status for practicing Falun Gong.
The husband, Zhang Zhaohua was sentenced to seven years of imprisonment at Heilongjiang Province's Fuyu Prison. He has been detained there for three years. On May 19, 2004, Ms. Zheng Baozhen was arrested from her work unit and policeman Liu Tao beat her. She was sentenced to two years of imprisonment and is currently being detained at the Huhehaote City's Women's Prison.
The couple's 16-year-old daughter, Zhang Rongyu, is taken care of by her aunt who does not have a job and leads a difficult life with a daughter of her own to care for. During the past several years, the couple's family has been, harassed, their home ransacked and they have been fined several times.
4. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Practitioners Zhu Changbing and Qu Shumei Suffer Persecuton
Since July 20, 2004, the practitioner couple Mr. Zhu Changbing and Ms. Qu Shumei from Dalian City, Liaoning Province has been arrested several times for practicing Falun Gong.
Zhu has been arrested twice. At present, he is being detained at Shenyang City's Dabei Prison with a 12-year term. Qu Shumei has been detained five times. In May 2004 she was sentenced to two and a half years of forced labor and is currently detained at Dalian City's Forced Labor Camp. Thus, their 15-year-old son, Zhu Dongfang, is taken care of by his grandparents.
5.[Chengde City, Hebei Province] Practitioners Li Baichun and Niu Jingyuan Arrested
At 8:00 p.m. on May 12, 2004, personnel from Chengde City's Damiao Police Station arrested practitioners Li Baichun and Niu Jingyuan. These lawless personnel headed by Han Rongzhong broke into Li Baichun's home. Niu Jingyuan happened to be visiting, so the personnel took both of them to the police station. They separated the two practitioners and interrogated them separately. When they asked Li Baichun where the flyers were from, Li Baichun refused to tell them. The police then beat and kicked them until 12:00 p.m. that day. They also ransacked Li Baichun's home, turning the place upside down. In the end, the police sent Li Baichun to the Laohugou Detention Center.
6. [Chengde City, Hebei Province] A Kind-Hearted Person Who Supports Falun Dafa Practitioners Detained for One Month
In the middle of May 2004, Ms. Qiu, in her 30's, from Huangdigou Village, Shuangtashan Town, Chengde City, a Buddhist, clarified the truth of Falun Gong to some people on the street. She told them to not believe in what is said on TV and that the Falun Gong practitioners are all good people, are kind-hearted people who always consider others first. A plain-clothes policeman heard it and sent her to Dalaohugou Detention Center and even ransacked her home. The police ordered her family members to pay 10,000 Yuan, threatening not to release her otherwise. Ms. Qiu told her family not to give them any money and said if they had money they would help Falun Gong practitioners' families who have financial difficulty. Ms. Qiu said to the police, "You just arrest good people and do nothing good." As she insisted on not giving the police any money, they detained her for over a month for no reason other than refusing to pay the illegal fine.
7. [Suining City, Sichuan Province] Practitioners Lu Yanfei and Zhang Zhaojing Still Detained
Police arrested seven Falun Gong practitioners including Lu Yanfei, Zhang Zhaojing and Qi Changping from Suining City. At present, five of them have been released, but Lu Yanfei and Zhang Zhaojing are still in detention.
Wang Anliang, head of Suining City's Brainwashing Center: 86-13320638167 (Cell).
8. [Chengde City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Sun Guifen Arrested and Beaten
On February 13, 2004, police arrested Zhao Haiyou's wife, practitioner Ms. Sun Guifen (in her 50's) from Xiaomiao Street, Damiao Town, Shuangluan District, Chengde City. The police ransacked her place but didn't find any Falun Dafa related materials. Instructor Luo Lin presented a fake warrant from the Street Administrative Committee and took Sun Guifen to the Shuangtashan Detention Center. Once in the detention center, administrator Shi Gang verbally abused and beat Sun Guifen. In just five days Sun Guifen was tortured so severely she had become very weak and she could not hold down food.
Sun Guifen's husband and son went to the detention center many times and demanded Sun Guifen's release, but without adhering to any law, the police there attempted to extort 380 Yuan from them. After learning that Sun Guifen had been tortured, her husband refused to pay the money. The police eventually hired a taxi to take Sun Guifen home.
9. [Beijing City] Situations of Several Practitioners in the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp
Practitioner Yu Ming was held in the No. 1 Division at the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp for only four days, as the police there were unable to force him to renounce Falun Gong. By the end of May 2004 he was sent to the west building. Four Falun gong practitioners had already been detained in the Assembled Team on the third floor of the west building. Each of them was detained alone in one of the four rooms of the Assembled team. There were no other inmates in the whole Assembled Team. The Management Section therefore held an urgent meeting in the evening, discussing if they should put Yu Ming in the Assembled Team. One evening, when all the other inmates had finished their class, Yu Ming said loudly, "Falun Dafa is Great" three times in a row. All of a sudden, the normally noisy Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp became completely silent. Some inmates said, "Good heavens! He made the whole Tuanhe silent!" A lot of practitioners felt greatly encouraged.
10. [Anhui Province] Imprisonment Cases of Falun Dafa Practitioners from the Huainan Area
- Mr. Ji Huijun, a 42-year-old practitioner from the Panyi Mine in Huainan City, was sentenced to 12 years of imprisonment in July 2003. He is being held in the Suzhou Prison. His home is located at the Third Floor, # 6 Apt., East Building 28, Bihai New Village, Panyi Mine.
- Ms. Nie Yinzhen is a 41-year-old practitioner from the Panyi Mine. She was arrested again at the end of June 2004 and sentenced to two years of forced labor. At present she is being held at the No.2 Division of the Hefei Women's Forced Labor Camp.
- Ms. Bai Minghua, in her 50s, is a practitioner from the Panyi Mine. She was sentenced to nine years of imprisonment and is currently detained at the Suzhou Prison. Her home is on the Second Floor, Apt. 3, Building #3, Bihai New Village.
- Ms. Hu Yu, daughter of Bai Minghua, 30 years old, a practitioner working at the Panyi Mine, was sentenced to nine years of imprisonment in July 2003 and is currently detained at Su County's No.3 Prison.
- Mr. Li Chuanwei, a practitioner from Panji, was arrested again for clarifying the truth and is currently detained at the Huainan No. 1 Detention Center. His home is in Liulong Village/Tianji Township.
- Ms. Zhang Ling, a 64-year-old practitioner from Huainan, was arrested at the end of August 2004 and sentenced to three years of forced labor. She is currently detained at the Nanhu Forced Labor Camp.
- Ms. Ma Haizhi, 40 years old, a practitioner from Huainan, is an employee of the No. 8 Institute. She was arrested in May 2003 and in September was sentenced to eight years of imprisonment. At present, she is detained at the Suzhou Prison.
- Ms. Wang Yingkun, 48 years old, from Huainan, works in the No.8 Institute of the Chinese Electric Ministry. She was sentenced around May 2004 to two years of forced labor. She is detained at the No.2 Division of Hefei City's Women's Forced Labor Camp.
- Ms. Zhang Yulan, 46 years old, a practitioner from Huainan, works in the No.8 Institute of the Chinese Electric Ministry. She lives in the residential area of the No.8 Institute and is currently detained at the No.2 Division of Hefei City's Women's Forced Labor Camp.
- Ms. Wang Xiaofei, of 46 years old, a practitioner from Huainan, works in the Tianjia'an District's Experimental Middle School. She was arrested and sent to the No.2 Division of Hefei City's Women's Forced Labor Camp. Home phone number: 86-554-3383053
- Ms. Wang Yuxiang, 48 years old, a practitioner from Huainan, lives in Building 93, Apt. 6667, (home phone: 86-554-3629666). She was arrested during the night of January 19, 2004 and sentenced to two years of forced labor camp. She is currently detained at the No.2 Division of Hefei City's Women's Forced Labor Camp.
- Ms. Wang, a 68-year-old practitioner from Huainan, was sentenced in 2002 to five years of imprisonment for refusing to renounce Falun Gong. She is currently being detained at the Old and Disabled Team at the Suzhou Prison. Her home address is the West apartment on the First Floor, Building #10, Gate 5, Longteng Residential Area, Tianjia'an District; phone: 86-554-3628708
11. [Bozhou City, Anhui Province] Arrest of Several Dafa Practitioners
At 8:30 p.m. on September 17, 2004, personnel from the Xuege Police Precinct arrested practitioner Bai Jie from the Qiaocheng District, Bozhou City, Anhui Province in the entrance to Bozhou City's Second Middle School for distributing truth-clarifying materials. Bai is still being detained at Bozhou City's Detention Center.
Around 11:00 p.m. on October 11, 2004, Huang Weiguo and Sun Chao from Bozhou City's Police Department led about 30 policewomen from the Chengli Police Precinct and the Riot Squad, taking seven police cars, to arrest practitioner Wu Yunrui and his friends, more than ten people, when they were having dinner at the Xinglong Express. From 6:30 p.m. until 11:00 p.m., the police first blocked the entrance and only let people in but not out, and then they ordered female officers to arrest the practitioners.
At about 6:00 a.m. on October 12, 2004, police arrested practitioner Fan Yunhe and confiscated a computer.
It was reported that these practitioners are suffering inhumane torture.
12. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Su Dengliang Arrested from Home and Secretly Sentenced to Three Years of Forced Labor
At 10:30 p.m. on May 20, 2004, 37-year-old practitioner Mr. Su Dengliang from Tang County in Baoding City, Hebei Province was sleeping at home. Policeman Yan Zhenbo from the Nanshi District's Police Precinct, Baoding City, colluded with policeman Li Jianzhu from Tang County's "610 Office" and personnel from the county's Chengguan Police Precinct. Altogether more than 10 police officers surrounded Su Dengliang's home. They climbed up to Su's house, broke in and handcuffed Su. Policemen, including Li Jianzhu, beat Su. They did not even let Mr. Su put on his pants and shoes and packed him into a police car. Su Dengliang's home was turned upside down. Policeman Yan Zhenbo took away Su's cell phone. They sent Su Dengliang to the Hongxing Road Police Station, Nanshi District's Police Precinct, Baoding City. The police did not let Su's family visit him and also did not give the clothes to Mr. Su that they had brought for him.
After a month of incarceration in the Hongxing Road Police Station, Su was secretly sentenced to three years of forced labor on June 22, 2004. Su is currently detained at Baoding City's Balizhuang Forced Labor Camp.
Phone number of related personnel:
Yan Zhenbo, National Security Team for the Nanshi District Police Precinct, Baoding City, 86-13703322148 (cell)
Liu Jujie, the No.1 Team head of the Balizhuang Forced Labor Camp in Baoding City, 86-13931205189 (cell)
Li Jianzhu, National Security Team of Tang County's "610 Office:" 86-13933260882 (cell)
13. [Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province] 24 Dafa Practitioners Arrested and Sent to a Brainwashing Center
Right before the National Day (October 1st), 24 practitioners including Zhao Lianhua, Yu Guosheng and Li Lianying were arrested and sent to a brainwashing center in the Party School of Nanchang County, which is in the charge of the "610 Office" in Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province. For refusing to comply with their unlawful demands, Mr. Chen Xiangyang was severely beaten and vomited a lot of blood . Police feared taking the responsibility should he die from the beatings and released him seven days later.
14. [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
On September 29, 2004, the day after the Moon Festival Day, a group of plainclothes officers led by Wang Jiang from the Songjiang Police Precinct went to an elderly practitioner's home under the guise of seeking to buy the practitioner's home. The police arrested the elderly practitioner, ransacked her home and took away her Falun Dafa books. Soon after, because the practitioner was quite elderly, the police released her. We have heard that three more elderly women practitioners were arrested that same day. After they signed some document and were fingerprinted, they were released.
That same day practitioner Mr. Chen Fengqi, a laid-off employee from the Gas Plant who was living in a village near the Jiangbei Gas Plant No. 3 Factory, Songyuan City, was followed and arrested. His home was ransacked. His three sets of Falun Dafa books were confiscated. The witness said that there were three police cars involved; the police video taped the whole process and stayed for a half day to attempt to arrest Mr. Chen Fengqi's wife, Ms. Wang Xiaohui. Ms. Wang had gone into exile some time ago to avoid the persecution, thus she was not at home.
At 2:00 p.m. that same day practitioner Wang Tongchun and his wife Li Xiaohong were arrested; their home was ransacked and their Dafa books were confiscated. A 48-year-old woman practitioner from a hardware shop was arrested and her home was ransacked. Her whereabouts are unknown. Some released practitioners were extorted 2,000 to 5,000 Yuan.
It was reported that personnel from the "610 Office" and local police had followed and monitored Wang Tongchun and his wife for a long period of time. The police thus arrested all the practitioners who had any connection to Wang Tongchun and his wife.
15. [Zhanjiang City, Guangdong Province] Arrest of Practitioner He Nanxing
On May 26, 2004, personnel from the "610 Office" arrested 50-year-old practitioner Ms. He Nanxing from her home in Chikan and sent her to the Mazhang Detention Center that same day. However, the detention center refused to accept her because of her high blood pressure so she was sent to the "Law Education Center" in Zhanjiang City for brainwashing. She was very firm in her will to uphold Falun Gong and refused to give in. While in the brainwashing sessions she had symptoms of stomachache and high blood pressure. Because she was locked in a cell and not allowed to walk, her feet developed sores that festered and bled, causing her to have difficulty walking. She has by recently been sent to the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp.
16. [Shanghai] Arrest of Practitioner Ms. Chen Qinfang
At 3:00 p.m. on October 15, 2004, practitioner Ms. Chen Qinfang, 40 years old, from Anting Town, Jiading District, Shanghai, was arrested when she was distributing Dafa truth-clarifying materials. She is currently being held at the Anting Town's Police Department.
17. [Anshun City, Guizhou Province] Arrest of Practitioner Zhang Enrong
Practitioner Ms. Zhang Enrong is a retired employee from Anshun City's No. 1 Daycare Center. At 9:00 p.m. on September 30, when Ms. Zhang was posting Dafa truth-clarifying materials along South Street in Anshun City, a taxi driver reported her to the nearby Xihang Police Precinct. In two minutes, two people from the police precinct arrested her. Ms. Zhang is currently detained at Anshun City's No. 2 Detention Center.
18. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Arrest of Practitioner Song Guozhen
Practitioner Ms. Song Guozhen, 65 years old, is a retired employee from Guangzhou City's Electronic Research Institute. On September 8, 2004, after she came back from a vegetable market, local police and security guards from her work unit arrested her on the street and took her to the institute. She was sent to the Law Education School in the Sanshui Labor Camp for brainwashing. The police applied all kinds of brutal methods to deceive, threaten and force Song Guozhen into giving up her belief in "Truth-Compassion-Tolerance" and the practice of Falun Gong.
Notes: Some personnel who were involved with persecuting Song Guozhen
Zhang Guomin, Guangzhou City Electronic Research Institute deputy administrator, 86-13322803702 (Cell)
Zhong Minghan, the Security Section chief for Guangzhou City's Electronic Research Institute, 86-13021919682 (Cell)
19. [Pei County, Jiangsu Province] Practitioners Unlawfully Incarcerated
Since July 20, 2004, more than ten practitioners in Pei County, Jiangsu Province have been sent to brainwashing centers, detained, sent to forced labor, and sentenced to a stay in mental hospitals, where they are tortured. Their families also have been monitored or become subject to extortion. Others had been sentenced back in 2001.
Following are the names of practitioners who have been sentenced to prison:
Mr. Pan Zhengjun, 35 years old, a teacher, was sentenced to nine years of imprisonment in 2001.
Ms. Wang Xinchun, 32 years old, a teacher, was sentenced to nine years in 2001.
Mr. Zong Xunyong, 31 years old, an employee of a bank, was sentenced to six years in 2001.
Mr. Cao Houchun, 34 years old, an engineer, was sentenced to ten years in 2001.
Ms. Zhang Xiufeng, 60 years old, retired, was sentenced to two years in 2004.
Ms. Dong Min, 42 years old, was sentenced to two years in 2004.
Following are the names of practitioners who have been sentenced to forced labor:
Ms. Zhu Aiping, 45 years old, a saleswoman, was sentenced to two years of forced labor.
Ms. Chen Jing, 32 years old, was sentenced to three years.
Ms. Wei Yuelin, 60 years old, was sentenced to one year.
Ms. Liu Zhilan, 45 years old, a post office employee, was sentenced to two years.
Ms. Zhu Yanling, 38 years old, was sentenced to one year.
Ms. Wang Xiuhua, 46 years old, was sentenced to two years.
Cui Yumei, Zhang Xiufen, Wang Xiuhua and Dong Min were sent to mental hospitals for persecution in 2001.
More than ten practitioners have been illegally detained for a long time.
20. [Bin County, Heilongjiang Province] Persecution of Practitioner Sun Xiangjie
On the morning of September 29, 2004, lawless officers from the Political and Security Section, Bin County's Police Department, arrested Ms. Sun Xiangjie from Bin County. They sentenced Sun to three years of forced labor for distributing truth-clarifying materials. Sun Xiangjie went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. Her hunger strike has already lasted for 19 days and her health is deteriorating dramatically. The Wanjia Forced Labor Camp refused to accept her because of her poor health. However, the forced labor camp still colluded with Bin County's Police Department and detained Sun at the camp's hospital.
According to a reliable source, Bin County's Police Department has sent two officers to monitor Sun around the clock. They brutally force-fed her. Sun said she wouldn't give in to the vicious persecution, even if she would die. Her life is in peril right now.
The lawless policemen are:
Li Xinfang, Songjiang Town Police Precinct chief in Bing County, 86-451-57990064 (Home) , 86-451-57990043 (Office) , 86-1301972298 (Cell)
Zhao Yuntian, Political and Security Section head for Bing County's Police Department: 86-451-57983178 (Home) ( please call before 7:00 a.m. local time )
21. [Qian'an City, Hebei Province] Repeated Arrest of Li Qingsong
At the end of August 2004, practitioner Li Qingsong from Qian'an City was again arrested.
He has been detained at a forced labor camp for one year and has been forcibly sent to detention centers or brainwashing centers many times. At the end of August 2004, he was arrested again and was directly sent to the No.6 Division of the Hehuakeng Forced Labor Camp in Tangshan City. It has been reported that Li Qingsong is extremely weak, and he is only able to walk with the support of two people. Li Qingsong has also gone blind in one eye and his sight in the other eye is worsening. When Li Qingsong was once detained at a brainwashing center, one of his retinas was bleeding and the reason was unknown.
Lawless policemen: Peng Minghui, Wang Shiwu, Pu Yonglai
22. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Li Hai Detained in a Small Cell
Practitioner Mr. Li Hai who is illegally detained at the No.2 Section in the Daqing City Prison was put into a small cell. The details are under investigation.
Li Hai was arrested in the middle of April 2002 and was incarcerated at the Daqing City Detention Center. In order to obtain some useful information, lawless policemen tortured him with excruciating methods. They locked him to an "iron chair" for seven days and ordered personnel to brutally beat him. Finally, they invented a story that he manufactured devices that interrupt TV signals and used this as an excuse to sentence him to 12 years of imprisonment. At the beginning of 2002, they sent Li Hai to the Daqing City Prison.