On the night of September 28, 2004, the Chinese consulate in Houston held a celebration and invited many local Chinese celebrities. Learning this news, Falun Gong practitioners in Houston went to the consulate, hoping to clarify the truth of Falun Gong to the local Chinese people and the consulate staff.

One practitioner arrived several hours before the party began. He practiced the exercises on the lawn in front of the consulate. Several staff from the consulate tried to drive him away, claiming that it was illegal to practice on the lawn and called in the police. Soon four policemen arrived. After finding out the whole story, the police told the staff that what Falun Gong practitioners did was legal.

According to the local practitioners, they have been practicing the exercises and appealing peacefully before the consulate unremittingly for 5 years, since the persecution of Falun Gong began. Recently the consulate staff planted many flowers and bushes on the lawn facing the consulate, to drive away Falun Gong practitioners, so practitioners contacted the local police department and the city government. The mayor's office responded saying that Falun Gong practitioners are allowed to practice in front of the consulate.

About an hour before the party began, practitioners who finished working arrived at the consulate one after another. Some of them practiced exercises, some displayed banners and truth clarifying signs. The people who came to attend the party passed by the practitioners one by one with smiles of goodwill and understanding nods.

Some of them were well acquainted with one of the practitioners present. They greeted the practitioner in the face of consulate officials and chatted with him happily. One of them said to the practitioner, "I went inside to attend the party, while my conscience stayed outside with you". Another one went into the consulate with Falun Gong truth clarifying materials presented by practitioners.

A passer-by came over to find out what had happened. The practitioners explained the story. He then said, "I support you completely. I have some emergency matters now; however I would like to take 5 minutes to appeal together with you." After speaking he stood among practitioners.

The consulate officials nervously came to the door. One of them came over and attempted to drive Falun Gong practitioners away again. Practitioners remained standing there peacefully. One practitioner was kindly reasoning with the official. At that time the police came over and told the official to leave, claiming that the Falun Gong practitioners have the freedom and right to appeal there peacefully.

One practitioner expressed gratitude to the police and comprehensively clarified the truth of Falun Gong, including the extent of the persecution by Jiang's regime overseas and how Chinese embassies and consulates circulate rumors and interfere with practitioners' activities.

The police said that they support our appeals and were thankful for our cooperation. They also said that they know very well that we are peaceful and they felt at ease with us. One policeman said jokingly, "They (the consulate) called us in to deal with you, but we came to protect you instead. In fact we showed no partiality to any sides. We only support justice and abide by the law." Another policeman said, "I saw a consulate staff take your photos just now. Will that be harmful to you?" One practitioner answered: "Since the persecution of Falun Gong started on July 20, 1999, they have been collecting our names and personal information. Some practitioners (for example Charles Li) were arrested upon arrival at Chinese airports."

After practitioners thanked the police for their support, several consulate officials immediately went to the police and tried to speak with them further; however the police left impatiently. Later the police told practitioners, "They (the consulate) are very hard to deal with."

The party finished very quickly. About half an hour after the party began, people began to leave. Some came over to see the truth clarifying display boards, some accepted the truth clarifying materials and said "thank you." Sometimes a group of people stood outside of the consulate. The practitioners greeted them sincerely and invited them to learn the facts of Falun Gong and to help stop the persecution, as well as wishing them a Happy Fall Festival.

When one guest left, he said to the practitioners, "You are so amazing!" One practitioner said that the guest already heard the truth of Falun Gong and was very sympathetic. He also admired practitioners very much but he showed doubt that practitioners could carry on much longer. He said he would wait and see. Whenever he saw practitioners take part in community activities or held truth clarifying activities, he would express his admiration.

Another guest stood before the truth clarifying display board, saying, "I take your side. But why don't you just practice at home? That way you can prevent being tortured or even murdered." One practitioner responded, "The result will be the same even if you only practice at home. Moreover even on the free lands overseas, many practitioners are still harassed by consulates." He understood immediately and nodded repeatedly.

Practitioners also seized the opportune moment to clarify the truth to Chinese officials standing in front of the consulate and told them that the prime culprit Jiang Zemin, who persecuted Falun Gong and other officials involved, had been sued overseas. More and more people across the world know the truth and stand out to support Falun Gong. The practitioners advised the officials not to take part in the persecution. The officials did not speak and listened silently. One of them quietly took off the card with his name.

Practitioners feel more and more people are learning the truth of Falun Dafa. The goodness and the unrelenting efforts and great benevolence and forbearance of practitioners are gradually going deep into people's hearts.