Practitioner Xie Zhaoming from Degan Town in Jiangjin City was persecuted to death by Yongchuan Prison on July 20, 2004. Practitioner Zeng Shuyu of the same town was persecuted to death by the brainwashing center on January 20, 2001. Practitioner Wen Yaofang of Bolin Town, Jiangjin City, was paralyzed and suffered from a mental disorder as a result of the persecution by the Maojiashan Female Labor Camp in Chongqing.

Mr. Xie Zhaoming was a 50-year-old practitioner who worked at the Hongxing Printing Company in Degan Town in Jiangjin City. Some time in the latter half of 2003, Mr. Xie was abducted to Jiangjin Jail by three people from the Chongqing "610 Office," led by policeman Yang Hanjun of the Degan Town Police Station. Mr. Xie was illegally sentenced to three years in prison on charges of publicizing Falun Gong by sending cell phone text messages. Mr. Xie was persecuted to death on July 20, 2004 in Yongchuan Prison. When a family member inquired about the circumstances of his death, the prison police said that he died of a stroke. His wife Chen Kaoqin told them that could not be the case since he was in perfect health. She said that she wanted to have an autopsy performed on him and would sue the prison officials. The prison and Degan Police Station threatened her by saying, "If you fail in your lawsuit against us, you will have to pay all the expenses." The family was very poor, with no source of income, and the son was attending college. The prison officials ended up cremating the body immediately and closing the case.

Ms. Zeng Fanshu was over 50 years old and worked as a schoolteacher in Xiangtang School in Degan Town, Jiangjin City. She had a seven-year-old adopted daughter. On New Year's Day 2001, the then political and judicial director, along with the "610 Office" director Wan Fenghua, abducted her to Jiangjin Brainwashing Class because she meditated at home. She was persecuted to death on January 20, 2001 in the brainwashing center.

Ms. Wen Yaofang, from Boling Town, Jiangjin City, is in her forties. She was sent to the labor camp because she twice went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong. She became paralyzed and mentally disordered as a result of the persecution she suffered at the Maojiangshan Female Labor Camp in Chongqing City in 2002. Her home is in a farming community. With a school-aged daughter, they can now hardly survive.