(Clearwisdom.net)Li Shihai is a Falun Gong practitioner from Pingdu City, Shandong Province. He went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong this year and was illegally arrested. The officials from the Renzhao Village Party Committee in Pingdu brought him back to the city. Then Liu Bing'e and Shi Weibing from the Renzhao Party Committee tricked Li's father into signing a form agreeing to send Li once again to Tonghe Mental Hospital in Pingdu for continued persecution. They have refused to release Li even though four months have passed.

In 2002 Li Shihai was illegally detained for the first time in Tonghe Mental Hospital. After he was forcibly given injections, he started to have abnormal mental symptoms.

Li Shihai has gone to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong several times since Jiang's regime started to openly persecute Falun Dafa and its practitioners on July 20, 1999. During this time, he has been brutally persecuted. Renzhao police have ransacked his house many times and taken everything, including two motorcycles, two vcd machines, one color TV set, and one VCR.

Before he practiced Falun Gong, Li Shihai had hepatitis B and sought medical treatment everywhere. He had spent most of his family's savings, but his health did not get any better. Fortunately, he learned about Falun Dafa in 1998. His heart was deeply touched by Master's profound Fa. As he continued reading the books, practicing the exercises and strictly following the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance" taught by Master in his daily life, his stubborn illness was soon gone. Even his wife's severe back pain disappeared. The couple became fully confident in their life and their belief in their practice of Falun Dafa.

On July 20, 1999, Jiang Zemin started an unprecedented persecution against Falun Gong practitioners. Because of his trust in the government's top leaders, Li Shihai went to Beijing many times to appeal for help, intending to explain to the government the real story of Falun Gong with his own experience. What he faced, however, were physical and mental abuses by the government officials.

In order to let ordinary people know the injustice of the persecution that Dafa practitioners have been suffering, Li Shihai distributed informational materials that explained the facts. When someone secretly reported him to the Renzhao Police Station, he was arrested and subjected to all kinds of mistreatment, including electrical shock. In the wintertime he was stripped and buried in the snow, while cold water was poured over him and air from an asbestos tile fan was directed over him.

Despite all of this he was still very firm in his belief. Realizing this, his captors tied him to a metal chair and beat him with a wooden club. When the club broke, they used a strap to whip him. When the strap wore out, they used a metal pipe to hit him. Li Shihai did not give in from the beginning to the end. The evil thugs illegally imprisoned him in the Pingdu Detention Center, where he was hit and kicked by the criminal inmates. To resist the persecution, he went on a hunger strike to protest. When the thugs violently force-fed him, he fell into a very critical condition and had to be sent to a hospital for emergency care. Fearing that he might die, the unlawful officials notified his family members to take him home. They also extorted a large sum of money from his family.

In 2002, Li Shihai and his wife went to the Party Committee to ask for the return of their Falun Dafa books that had been taken away. The Renzhao Party Committee deceived them. Party Committee member Han Yuxue and village Party secretary Li Yanzhen sent Li to Tonghe Mental Hospital for a new round of abuse. Li Shihai was given injections that damaged his central nervous system; he was forced to take unknown drugs and was shocked with electric needles. The unlawful personnel forced him to curse Master and Dafa. Seeing Li Shihai's miserable condition, Shi Weibing from the Politics and Security Section of the Pingdu Police Department said, "The treatment works great."

Li Shihai was imprisoned in Tonghe Mental Hospital for 40 days. After his release, his mind was seriously damaged and he had abnormal mental symptoms. Even a dog's bark would frighten him. He would wake up suddenly in the middle of the night and feel very scared, just like a patient with real mental problems. In 2003, his illness was got worse. He could no longer live a normal life and divorced his wife. He used to be very healthy and had a happy family. Now his family is broken and his health has been ruined. All of this was the result of Jiang Zemin's unlawful campaign against Falun Gong.

Entities and Persons responsible:

Renzhao Village: Liu Bing'e

Tonghe Mental Hospital Office, Pingdu City, Shandong Province: 86-532-7363038

610 Office, Pingdu City, Shandong Province: 86-532-8360309

Staff of Pindu City's 610 Office:

Dai Yugang (Director, from Dongrenzhaoyi Village)

Wang Anping and Wang Luping

Mr. Yang (Director)

Ms. Wang Suhua (Director)

Ms. Geng (Director)

Chief of Pingdu City Politics and Security Section, Shandong Province: Shi Weibing

Renzhao Police Station, Pingdu City, Shandong Province:

Zhao Yanke (former Party Secretary from Dongzhaoguan Village): 86-532-3376918

Liu Wei: 86-532-7869581; 86-13606397390 (Cell)

Che Wenjun: 86-13061231960 (Cell)

Zhao Yongjun: 86-532-3376108