Accounts of the Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners in Changchun City's Heizuizi Women's Labor Camp
1. Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Liu Xiaoman has been resisting the persecution. On July 19, 2004, she walked out of the labor camp, openly and nobly. Her term was up on May 2, but the labor camp authorities wouldn't release her because she did not cooperate with them. She had refused to attend classes, do physical exercises, perform manual labor, or fill out forms. On July 18, guard Wang Jing told her that she would be released the next day. However, another guard, Zhang Guimei, insisted she fill out a form and sign it. Ms. Liu Xiaoman refused. Finally, with righteous thoughts, she walked out of the labor camp.
2. On July 2, 2004, more than 70 people from the Advanced Study Class at Jilin Province's Communist Party School came to the labor camp to deliver "care" and books, including two computers. After the meeting started, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Division One said loudly, "Falun Dafa is great! You are lying!" The police officers and guards went into a panic, and several of them took her out of the meeting room in a hurry. Another practitioner, Ms. Song Xiyu from Division Four, yelled immediately afterwards, "Falun Dafa is great!" Several guards took her out, too. They tied her onto a "dead person's bed" after they returned to Team Four. The guards, Feng and Liu Zhiwei, tied her hands and feet to the bed and shocked her with electric batons. Since Ms. Xiyu was sent here on November 5, 2003, she has been on a hunger strike for over three months, during which time her hands were tightly cuffed to a bed. She suffered a minor mental collapse from this torture. Former practitioner Wu Yunhua, who has turned against Dafa, taped her mouth shut and tied her to the bed, with her hands behind her back during the day. Whenever Ms. Song Xiyu screamed, the guards would refuse her food. Some guards said that she had schizophrenia, but they wouldn't release her for treatment.
3. On June 16, 2004, when Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Gu Jinfen refused to attend a class, she was dragged to the guards' room and shocked 19 times by guards Zhang Shuhua, Wang Zhufeng and Wang Jing using electric batons. She was badly injured by this torture. Her term was up in July, but we are not sure if she has been released.
4. Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Geng Liandi was shocked with electric batons 11 times, hung up for two days, deprived of sleep for over 20 days, and often kicked by guard Wang Jing. She was released on June 15.
5. Falun Dafa practitioner Wang Yuxiang endured shocking with electric batons on July 6. She used to be in Team Two, supervised by guard Liu Zhiwei, who was frustrated by Falun Dafa practitioners' kind warnings not to shock others. When Wang Yuxiang told her that there was nothing wrong with cultivation practice, she became angry and beat Wang Yuxiang with a wooden board on July 29 and 30. As a result, Ms. Wang Yuxiang's face was swollen, and she had a difficult time sleeping. Liu Zhiwei also assigned former practitioner Zhang Xiue, who had turned against Dafa, to watch Wang Yuxing, threatening that they would use further violence against her if she did not attend the work detail.
6. Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Du Hongfang is from Jilin City and has been persecuted many times. She was arrested in 1999 and sentenced to one year of forced labor. Because she wouldn't give up Falun Gong practice, her term was illegally extended for another year. After she returned home, on June 18, 2002, she was arrested again and sentenced to another two years of forced labor. After her term was up, the authorities would not release her because she wouldn't write the "Guarantee Statement" or give up practicing Falun Gong. After she had been detained for 40 additional days beyond the end of her term, a guard told her at lunch, "We called your sister-in-law and told her to come pick you up." But they took her away in the labor camp vehicle, and nobody really knows where she was taken. This is an old trick. They also duped the inmates, telling them that they would reduce their terms by 10 or 20 days if they would do bad things, but they never fulfilled their promises, even to them. The inmates have started to understand Falun Dafa practitioners, and some relatively kindhearted ones have begun to help us.
ID Badge numbers of some of the guards:
Zhang Guimei 2200305
Xu Yan 2200307
Wang Jing 2200308
Li Xiaohua 2200305
Some guards do not wear a badge. They only wear it occasionally when an audit is expected. These guards are usually quite vicious.
Division Four used to have us work on unauthorized books. Since the central government forbids printing these kinds of books, they have made an exception to have us work on Buddhist books. The work took three months. We have also worked on five other books, including one about Picasso and one about Van Gogh. We have worked on medical textbooks and others, too. Besides this kind of work, the camp administrators and guards have helped a liquor shop avoid paying taxes.
The labor camp guards even make money on practitioners' clothes. When practitioners' terms are up and they are released, their clothes remain behind and the labor camp guards sell them to people who arrive later. Lately, they have been extorting 10 yuan from each practitioner before he or she leaves. Besides clothes, they make money from practitioners' slippers, hot water pots, chairs and other personal belongings.
The guards also fake the time schedule. There is no naptime after lunch, but the guards had the supervisor in charge of labor sign for two hours of naptime so that the schedule would look good to visitors.
The Jilin Provincial Political and Judiciary Committee, along with the Women's Affiliate and the labor camp authorities, held so-called training classes such as "Good Housewife Training," "Domestic Management," "Hair Styling," "Cosmetics," "Flower Arranging," and others. Some courses only held one class and nothing was taught, but they would have an exam to make it appear to be a regular course. They would take photos of the class and display them along the hallway, in order to dupe visitors. For example, they said that there were 106 students in the first group. They collect 50 yuan for each class and promise to reduce someone's term by ten days for earning a certificate.
September 4, 2004